Aurora Squad Builder: News and Updates

By VanderLegion, in X-Wing

4 minutes ago, skins1924 said:

No Dropbox, looks like my last action was scum list creation. That is were it crashes if I look at my recent open apps.

If I uninstall and reinstall will I lose everything?

Yah, you'll lose your lists if you reinstall, though in the DM I just sent I explain how to save out your squadrons.xwc file (to send to me, but can also be used to save out your lists in case of needing to reinstall, then put back after reinstalling). In this case, the crash is probably due to an issue in the saved squadrons, so reinstalling then putting the squadrons back probably wouldn't fix it. If you do send me that file though I can use it to find the cause, and sned you back a squadrons.xwc file with it fixed for you to put back into the app to get it working again. And fix the app for the next version if it's something I can find and fix in the code as well.

16 hours ago, VanderLegion said:

I had someone else report issues with the custom upgrades too. I'll be looking into it for the next version (which is in progress)

'Twas I that reported this.

I need to know where to send the file.

19 hours ago, GLEXOR said:

'Twas I that reported this.

I've got custom upgrades working again for the next update

Just now, VanderLegion said:

I've got custom upgrades working again for the next update

TY! Btw, have you considered my request for adding upgrade icons via custom upgrade cards?

Just now, GLEXOR said:

TY! Btw, have you considered my request for adding upgrade icons via custom upgrade cards?

That's one I want to get in but haven't looked into yet. I'll probably look at it for the update after this one (I want to get this one out soon since it has the dial info for wave 11 that a lot of people are wanting, as well as finally using the xwing font to display symbols in the app)

Aurora is now available on the Amazon App Store !

Hey Vander, awesome work on the app, I really appreciate the support for custom pilots and the HoTAC pilot-ability-as-EPTs functionality.

As the HoTAC community grows and the fan contributors roll out the Defender (Imperial) and Pirates (Scum) centered campaigns is it feasible to get the Imp and Scum pilot abilities added to the HoTAC module, maybe along with a tag showing the original faction of the pilot?

If you need assistance with it Im sure there are folks here who can assist by creating custom EPTs to cover them - but Im not sure if the app would allow you to grab them.

Thanks again for your dedication and work in the app

This is definitely my favorite squad building app thus far.

Also, I tried to put in a custom title for negative squad points. It crashes the iOS version of the app.

Edited by Jadotch
32 minutes ago, Jadotch said:

This is definitely my favorite squad building app thus far.

Also, I tried to put in a custom title for negative squad points. It crashes the iOS version of the app.

There's a bug with custom upgrades. New version is currently awaiting review from apple, should hopefully be out today or tomorrow and fixes that, along with other changes.

1 hour ago, Cap116 said:

Hey Vander, awesome work on the app, I really appreciate the support for custom pilots and the HoTAC pilot-ability-as-EPTs functionality.

As the HoTAC community grows and the fan contributors roll out the Defender (Imperial) and Pirates (Scum) centered campaigns is it feasible to get the Imp and Scum pilot abilities added to the HoTAC module, maybe along with a tag showing the original faction of the pilot?

If you need assistance with it Im sure there are folks here who can assist by creating custom EPTs to cover them - but Im not sure if the app would allow you to grab them.

Thanks again for your dedication and work in the app

Imperial and Scum pilot abilities are already in the app ;). They show up if you're looking at an EPT for the respective faction. If you want to equip a pilot ability on a different faction pilot, you can create a Mixed faction list. Mixed faction lists ignore all faction requirements for squad building.

Ok, cool, thanks!

Version 1.3.0 is out on the iOS app store!

Incorporate the x-wing font into the app to use symbols where appropriate.
Add the wave 11 dials
Behind-the-scenes code changes for stability

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to figure out how to incorporate the x-wing font into android yet to get symbols working there.

Did you intentionally remove the action bars from the squadron view?

The view showing all the pilots in the squadron? It didn't have the action bars before did it? Unless I'm forgetting...

Thanks for the Work !
Just updated and I notice the reference card for the rigged cargo chute is missing.

9 minutes ago, VanderLegion said:

The view showing all the pilots in the squadron? It didn't have the action bars before did it? Unless I'm forgetting...

You did, but it's not a big deal, just wondering if it was intentional. You could put it back in next update if you wanted.

Edited by GLEXOR
11 minutes ago, futil said:

Thanks for the Work !
Just updated and I notice the reference card for the rigged cargo chute is missing.

Thanks, I'll add that to the list to get in.

7 minutes ago, GLEXOR said:

You did, but it's not a big deal, just wondering if it was intentional. You could put it back in next update if you wanted.

Unless you're talking about a different screen than I think you are, the action bars weren't there. I looked at the changes made for this version (which for the squadron view was simply changing the pilot abilities to use symbols) and loaded up the previous version and there's no action bar. Could probably be added. I'd love to change out the squadron view to use the same layout as the pilot view, but can't figure out what to do with the maneuver dial...

2 hours ago, VanderLegion said:

Thanks, I'll add that to the list to get in.

Unless you're talking about a different screen than I think you are, the action bars weren't there. I looked at the changes made for this version (which for the squadron view was simply changing the pilot abilities to use symbols) and loaded up the previous version and there's no action bar. Could probably be added. I'd love to change out the squadron view to use the same layout as the pilot view, but can't figure out what to do with the maneuver dial...

I may be mistaken, it wouldn't be the first time.

Love the app, use it all the time for squad building. Nice work.

One comment: with a lot of lists it's hard to scroll down to the last list I was working on. Perhaps the lists could be ordered from most recent to oldest? I'm usually looking for the last list I made. Or a toggle under sort menu? A search bar would be awesome too to search for a list name.

YES! I tested it, the custom cards are able to be used now! Thanks a lot, am loving the work you've done with it! Like the added graphics, overall awesome update!

Update looks great! Thanks!

How do I add an icon to a custom card?

14 hours ago, The Inquisitor said:

Love the app, use it all the time for squad building. Nice work.

One comment: with a lot of lists it's hard to scroll down to the last list I was working on. Perhaps the lists could be ordered from most recent to oldest? I'm usually looking for the last list I made. Or a toggle under sort menu? A search bar would be awesome too to search for a list name.

This. Wonderful app, would be nice to have newest on top

2 hours ago, GLEXOR said:

How do I add an icon to a custom card?

You can do symbols in custom cards using various keywords in {} brackets:
{hit}
{crit}
{focus}
{evade}
etc.

For upgrades, the name of the upgrade slot (no capitals):
{elite pilot talent}
{astromech droid}
{bomb}
etc.

Maneuvers:
{turn left}
{turn right}
{bank left}
{sloop left}
{troll right}
{straight}
{kturn}
{stop}
etc

Actions
{boost}
{barrel roll}
{target lock}
{cloak}
{slam}
{jam}

ATM to get it to show up as the actual symbol you'll have to quit the app from the switcher and relaunch it after creating the custom card(s)