[Printing] Experience with Printerstudio?

By mightywolve, in Talisman Home Brews

Hello!

I am currently looking to print several homebrews. Actually I have been thinking about this for year but never did it. Currently I got my eyes on Printerstudio.

Does somebody have experience with Printerstudio or other copyshops? Btw I am dutch, so american companies are not going to work I think :)

Any other tips are welcome aswell ofcourse!

- Wolve

P.S. BIG FAN OF TALISMAN!!! :wub:

I already did check alot of websites/topics but I am still a bit undecisive. I red you dont have particular experience with Printerstudio, but with Artscow you have. What cardsize did you use for the small adventures cards on artscow?

Do you happen to have a saved project?

Edited by mightywolve

I haven't used PrinterStudio for Talisman cards, but I have used them for Sentinels of the Multiverse cards and I was pleased with the result; those cards have gotten a lot of use and they've held up well.

Edited by Vendark

I already did check alot of websites/topics but I am still a bit undecisive. I red you dont have particular experience with Printerstudio, but with Artscow you have. What cardsize did you use for the small adventures cards on artscow?

Do you happen to have a saved project?

Artscow has only 2 sizes of cards, not counting their odd shaped ones. I used their small cards for Talisman as I describe on my 2nd edition homebrew expansion here:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1134732/dragons-expansion-new-board

I have not done any cards besides Alternate endings for 4th edition. Although I have done plenty of cards in the larger/normal size cards for other games.

I have done Printer Studios once. And they are better but more expensive. I use Artscow because of teh great price, and you should always look for a sale, which is often posted on the Hot Deals area in BGG.

No size in Artscow fits the official Talisman size thus why I highly recommend only getting new deck expansions and not homebrew content that adds to the official decks.

There are other offshoot companies from Artscow now, like Cowcow and have used them as well.

Cowcow is sometimes even cheaper than artscow but have seen a quality difference drop, but that was in my initial orders when they 1st started but have equaled Artscow afterwards, so Your Mileage May Vary.

Thanks Doma! Do you have saved any 4th edition projects saved on artscow?

No. The only 4th edition stuff I have done is Alternate Endings and those I hand made. But I used ones people have posted here and on BGG.

I feel 4th edition is very polished, and making Homebrew content takes away the polished feel. I also don't feel a lack of content, except perhaps Timescape. But I prefer to wait for an official one, hopefully if we get it!

If the day comes and 4th edition has no more expansions and they are done, then I will consider the fan made Timescape.

Thanks for your reply.

Do you have a links to 4th edition project on artscow? I will try to search for myself aswell, but maybe you have several onreach.

Lets hope for more expansions, but I like to implement a few homebrew editions :)

I don't know of any artscow decks for Talisman 4th edition. And I don't know of any for 2nd edition except what I have made.

Artscow is big in some games, but haven't found others yet who use it for Talisman. Although I have 1 friend who considered putting every card made for Talisman in an artcow deck just to get bigger cards, then I told him it would be a huge project and would cost a lot of money. He backed away.