anyone else aggrevated?

By Bloodrunstrue, in UFS General Discussion

Link said:

JDub said:

It's a great deal if ya know need any SC4 or Shadowar cards. Otherwise it's $50 for x2 copies of a few promos.

+2 boxes of trade bait. whether or not U need it. someone out there prolly will.

Assuming you actually pull anything good. I've gotten 6 or so boxes of SC4 and rarley pulled anything of value. There aren't really many cards people are looking for from those sets, Knight Breaker if your lucky enough to pull one then good for you and thats really it. Cards like Menutte Dance, Shreding, etc are those overrated cards that people think are worth money but no one really uses them or wants them. Go look at CSI and you'll see them selling them for $20+ yet they have 20+ of them in stock. I'm not going to pay $50 for a chance to pull one or two cards that are trade bait.

Well, sir, while URs are important trade bait, I find the un/commons to be more of value than anything else.

My playerbase is sitting on an average of 10 players. about 5 of them have real decks. The other 5 have to proxy up the base that they cannot get. This means that realistically, 5 people from my group can travel. These cards happen to be uncommons such as:

Brooding
Hungry for Battle
Torn Hero
Crushing Embrace of the Jotun
Enraged Golem
Memories of a Nightmare
Pommel Smash
etc.

I'm sure they'd gladly buy this kit to help them complete their decks.

As someone who's block 4 collection consists of one box of Tekken, a Shadow War starter and a Siegfried starter... I think this is a great idea, and assuming I can scrounge 50 bucks together, I"ll be jumping all over this.

JDub said:

Assuming you actually pull anything good. I've gotten 6 or so boxes of SC4 and rarley pulled anything of value. There aren't really many cards people are looking for from those sets, Knight Breaker if your lucky enough to pull one then good for you and thats really it. Cards like Menutte Dance, Shreding, etc are those overrated cards that people think are worth money but no one really uses them or wants them. Go look at CSI and you'll see them selling them for $20+ yet they have 20+ of them in stock. I'm not going to pay $50 for a chance to pull one or two cards that are trade bait.

Maybe people aren't buying from CSI because they've literally overpriced the **** things and more people would be willing to trade if they didn't base themselves off CSI for card worth?

Just a thought.

JDub said:

Link said:

JDub said:

It's a great deal if ya know need any SC4 or Shadowar cards. Otherwise it's $50 for x2 copies of a few promos.

+2 boxes of trade bait. whether or not U need it. someone out there prolly will.

I've gotta side with JDub on this one. Not to beat a dead horse, but between the delay in sets and (easy) accessibility of these sets already, you're going to be hard pressed to trade any of those commons/uncommons, when anyone can get nearly a set of all commons guaranteed by getting the (awesome) promotion. If everyone had them already, who are you going to trade to? Still if you feel lucky, both boxes have the potential to be worth their while by pulling the right single card (Knight Breaker/Fury of the Ancients). It's a great deal, I just think it's silly for most people to get them thinking they're still gonna be paced with trade fodder (what they ARE good for is give-aways to get new players into the game or make demo decks with).

It's great for large groups that for whatever reason have not purchased enough product yet, but for the rest of us bring on those new cards already! gran_risa.gif

So just throwing in my two cents, I think the deal is increadible. I am one of those players that used to play and then quit spending money on UFS, and came back with tekken 6 because It appealed to my interest. So far my block 4 collection sits at 1 box of tekken 6 and a few other promo's and R's/UR's bought from CSI to complete my deck.

Being able to buy two boxes for the price of a mere $50 is amazing, expecially two boxes that I don't have any cards from.

I'll definately be purchasing this next pay day.

Eithinis said:

MarcoPulleaux said:

guitalex2008 said:

I'm not upset because:

1) We get two boxes of UFS for $50
2) We not only get 2 Heirs but also 2 Clashes, 2 Devils and 2 PotE basically free with the incredibly-awesome-to-begin-with offer
3) You don't need to go through the stores or the distributors; it's straight from FFG

First off, am I the only one who noticed this is a cheaper deal than the second market?

Second...

...can you buy as many of these as you'd like? 'cuz I'm totally down for buying 3...

Yeah, I ordered two

And people, if you don't think this will have trade bait, first off, you're delirious, but more importantly, you can use the cards in the two boxes to, I don't know, make cheap decks to give to new players to start their collection...... and thus RECRUIT with it? It's kind of in the title... Fight Life RECRUITMENT Kit. People who you're RECRUITING won't have any cards from any sets. So duh.

For the people saying that there is no trade fodder in either of these two sets, you realize that when new sets come out, old cards/characters get better. There no telling when cards like Shred or Zhao Daiyu will become the best cards in the format. That and I mean come on, 2 boxes of GOOD sets for 50 dollars? Kthx.

ShippuJinrai said:

For the people saying that there is no trade fodder in either of these two sets, you realize that when new sets come out, old cards/characters get better. There no telling when cards like Shred or Zhao Daiyu will become the best cards in the format. That and I mean come on, 2 boxes of GOOD sets for 50 dollars? Kthx.

And you sir, win the award for highlighting what I think is a problem with the UFS playerbase.

Too many players focus only on the "power cards" of the current set, and don't bother picking up cards that they perceive will not help their current deck.

Antigoth said:

Too many players focus only on the "power cards" of the current set, and don't bother picking up cards that they perceive will not help their current deck.

Considering I want to run 3 decks srsly... I got to get moar stuff.

But Zhao Daiyu stuff is at the top of the list - she's the only deck I can't properly build right now that I really want to. The rest I'll grab (Like Vibrato's <3<3<3<3<3 in case I can find a character that fits them well) later.

So... no one's actually thinking of recruiting with the... um... Recruitment kit?

Really?

guitalex2008 said:

So... no one's actually thinking of recruiting with the... um... Recruitment kit?

Really?

With an offer that good then, honestly, unless you're willing to pretty much throw away $50 then why bother?

Humans are self centered for a reason :D

Of course, that reason would be to take advantage of sickeningly-good offers like these, right?

guitalex2008 said:

Of course, that reason would be to take advantage of sickeningly-good offers like these, right?

Yessir. :D

guitalex2008 said:

Really?

Absolutely. I am this close to killing our stores Naruto group and getting them to play UFS on the back of this promotion alone.

On top of that, i have everyone talking up the Fight Life kits to old players who quit and new guys a like. If the kit is available for some time, I am going to start ramping up prize support at our locals including WEEKLY box tourneys. A box of product for top 8 EVERY week sure beats a lame NAMDAI playmat.

Im giddy over how good this promotion is for the game in all aspects.

@Antigoth- I agree completely. It's just that with so few majors or larger tourneys, players don't really get an accurate view of what the "best decks" are. As a result, they are going to gravitate towards the more obvious power cards. Wait a couple sets and see how stuff like Hammer of the Gods, Cold and Indifferent, Dragon's Flame, etc. all shape the meta. UFS is a very dynamic game in this regards in that one set will sit at the top as the best symbol for a few sets, then get cut off of support and a tier. It's beneficial for any player to have insight into how the game will progress.

ShippuJinrai said:

guitalex2008 said:

Really?

Absolutely. I am this close to killing our stores Naruto group and getting them to play UFS on the back of this promotion alone.

On top of that, i have everyone talking up the Fight Life kits to old players who quit and new guys a like. If the kit is available for some time, I am going to start ramping up prize support at our locals including WEEKLY box tourneys. A box of product for top 8 EVERY week sure beats a lame NAMDAI playmat.

Im giddy over how good this promotion is for the game in all aspects.

@Antigoth- I agree completely. It's just that with so few majors or larger tourneys, players don't really get an accurate view of what the "best decks" are. As a result, they are going to gravitate towards the more obvious power cards. Wait a couple sets and see how stuff like Hammer of the Gods, Cold and Indifferent, Dragon's Flame, etc. all shape the meta. UFS is a very dynamic game in this regards in that one set will sit at the top as the best symbol for a few sets, then get cut off of support and a tier. It's beneficial for any player to have insight into how the game will progress.

The biggest problem I find is that we're given 12 symbols, and ideally, a representative pool of cards, and all people do is play the most obvious stuff, not exploring the game and thus not growing as players.

guitalex2008 said:

Really?

This (along with the Soul Cal pre-release) is going to be my biggest attempt at reviving my once-huige playerbase.

A lot of my friends have considered rejoining but don't like how there's basically no metagame and no incentive to play, along with the obvious part of buying cards.

Buying 2 of these is likely to get you at least 1 of every non-Tekken card in the game, and at 99 cards in a set, Tekken isn't exactly hard to fully collect...

So hopefully this deal hurr will help revive San Antonio, and once we get a bunch of these, we can recruit others and hopefully go back to the good ol days when we had a minimum of 10 entrants, a max of like 15+ every weekend...

If anything will revive playgroups, it'll be this kit. Good luck, sir.

Oh I'm definitely using this to recruit. I'm planning on making quite a few decks to let people try out in tournaments or just demo with, and I've already made about 3-4 decks to get people back into the game or get people to try the game. I'm really hoping to get the playerbase to grow again. I've already gotten 3 players back into the game regularly that had quit prior, and a few people interested. It's exciting :D

I'd like to note that the Fight Night Kit was also a really smart thing for FFG to do from a purely business standpoint.

1) They have excess stock of Set 12. They want to convert that into as much money as possible. Selling it for cheap is better than not selling it.

2) If we ever do find new players, those players will want to have access to the Set 12 cards. These might be harder to find right now. The kit makes them easier to get a hold of.

The kit encourages folks to buy cards they might already have plenty of with a very nice price point and some great promos. If you don't need the cards, trade them or give them away to help new players make decks. (I just wish I could justify spending $50 on sets I already have plenty of, especially when SCIV: Quest for Souls is just around the corner.)