anyone else aggrevated?

By Bloodrunstrue, in UFS General Discussion

that Heir to the storm, Devil within and Clash of the ages are exclusive to fight night?

I Am because my store wont sign up to B2B and now i'll probably never get ahold of Heir to the storm most importantly, also sophitia as my store wont preorder anything either ¬_¬

*Sigh* here's hoping Coolstuffinc get them.

Discuss

P.S all you Gencon guys got lucky, seriously.

Bloodrunstrue said:

that Heir to the storm, Devil within and Clash of the ages are exclusive to fight night?

I Am because my store wont sign up to B2B and now i'll probably never get ahold of Heir to the storm most importantly, also sophitia as my store wont preorder anything either ¬_¬

Discuss

Regarding the Fight Night Kit - Have you tried signing up to the point of order system, and ordering one directly for yourself?

Antigoth said:

Bloodrunstrue said:

Discuss

Regarding the Fight Night Kit - Have you tried signing up to the point of order system, and ordering one directly for yourself?

Last I checked it wasn't up yet, is it now?

ROTBI said:

Antigoth said:

Bloodrunstrue said:

Discuss

Last I checked it was only available through stores?

Still I dislike that Heir etc, are exclusive to that kit.

I'm not upset because:

1) We get two boxes of UFS for $50
2) We not only get 2 Heirs but also 2 Clashes, 2 Devils and 2 PotE basically free with the incredibly-awesome-to-begin-with offer
3) You don't need to go through the stores or the distributors; it's straight from FFG

Which I applaud greatly.

not angry, quite the opposite, and glad to see this isnt stirring the pot

guitalex2008 said:

I'm not upset because:

2) We not only get 2 Heirs but also 2 Clashes, 2 Devils and 2 PotE basically free with the incredibly-awesome-to-begin-with offer
3) You don't need to go through the stores or the distributors; it's straight from FFG

Yeah i'm sorry fellas, I just didn't reliase it was available from FFG, my store wouldn't do this sort of thing you see.

But this had better not be a limited ed offer :/

Lastly, i'm only agrevated because cards like these are meant to be in prize support and not kit exclusives. Now please don't bother ressponding with the answer that it's up to FFG, I understand that it is, but i would still like these cards to be in prize support as it was supposed to be.

But then again what would FFG know about prize support? See my sig

It's a great deal if ya know need any SC4 or Shadowar cards. Otherwise it's $50 for x2 copies of a few promos.

JDub said:

It's a great deal if ya know need any SC4 or Shadowar cards. Otherwise it's $50 for x2 copies of a few promos.

+2 boxes of trade bait. whether or not U need it. someone out there prolly will.

Link said:

JDub said:

+2 boxes of trade bait. whether or not U need it. someone out there prolly will.

I hear Cool Stuff is buying Knight Breakers for $35 a piece. So I'm guessing someone out there desires those cards. (PS - I still have locals buying boxes of Shadowar & SCIV because they need more. Not everyone can afford to buy their case of product right when it comes out. )

My store owner would be if he knew about it (he might)... 50 bucks for things he still has several boxes of laying around? ...

I haven't had a stable job in over two years, so I really can't really buy a box at my own venue (where they're cheaper than you imagine) let alone $50 + shipping. Now I don't have a shot at those promos, and I have to break my ass trading? I can't wait for CoolStuff to start carrying them.

guitalex2008 said:

My only problem is that some stores are having difficulties with getting the product there. IIRC, ours managed to secure 1. My guess is that they aren't signed up through the B2B site, but to be frank :

a) It ain't my business
b) They might not want to for other reasons

I for one feel that this is a great step in improving the sour taste that a lot of the forum goers are experiencing. This deal is completely huge and, from what i understand, starting in december, prize support is going to be all block 4. This is of course, assuming i read my scout letter correctly. But yeah, 2 boxes of product, (good product too) and 8 relevant promos is absolutely huge. This promotion and a box of tekken 6 is really all anybody needs to jump right back into the competitive swing of things! Get hype!

guitalex2008 said:

I'm not upset because:

First off, am I the only one who noticed this is a cheaper deal than the second market?

Second...

...can you buy as many of these as you'd like? 'cuz I'm totally down for buying 3...

MarcoPulleaux said:

guitalex2008 said:

I'm not upset because:

First off, am I the only one who noticed this is a cheaper deal than the second market?

Second...

...can you buy as many of these as you'd like? 'cuz I'm totally down for buying 3...

Yeah, I ordered two

...what I kind of find interesting is, obviously this is another way FFG is trying to get new players...

...not gonna lie, they've found their niche. 2 Boxes AND valuable promos for less than the price of 1? I'd love to think this is some sort of limited supply thing, because holy crap, unless you have playsets of everything, you'd be stupid not to buy this, if not in bulk.

ShippuJinrai said:

I for one feel that this is a great step in improving the sour taste that a lot of the forum goers are experiencing. This deal is completely huge and, from what i understand, starting in december, prize support is going to be all block 4. This is of course, assuming i read my scout letter correctly.

If this is true, then I can see a lot of people being happy... and I can see a lot of people feeling this is a fresh start.

I believe the Fight Life kit is amazing. $50 for two boxes and 8x promo cards is instantly a good base. As Mike Lowe said, it forms as good trade bait.

However, MANY players disagree on how this is the only fresh way to obtain cards such as Heir to the Storm and Power of the Edge. They feel like this is reminiscent of SNK Cutting Edge where you had to buy a starter box display just to get a Blood Runs True. Granted, it is a lot cheaper as $100 will get you a playset of Heir to the Storm and Power of the Edge as $200 would get you a playset of BRT, but it's still expensive when you mainly want just those promo cards.

They're dropping the ball yet one more time. They can fix this by adding them to prize support.

On the outside, the Fight Life kit is gold. However, you can view the Fight Life kit two ways:
1) A desperation move by FFG to score back a playerbase. Cards for cheap means people will play.
2) They forsee the fall of this game and are trying to get rid of any loose product they have.

Nobody wants to see #2 but it certainly is a possibility.

*sigh* more bitching and doomsday theories again? =/

2 boxes for less than the price of 1 is a blessing. Why they decied to do it I have no idea, but I've already told some friends of mine who are absolutely dead to this game, and they're interested in getting some.

100 doesn't just get you a playset of Heir to the Storm

it gets you 4 BOXES (not starters), meaning you could get a whole SLEW of good cards. Already have enough? Use em as trade bait.

MarcoPulleaux said:

it gets you 4 BOXES (not starters), meaning you could get a whole SLEW of good cards. Already have enough? Use em as trade bait.

Of course, but if you are on a budget and really only want Heir to the Storm, it's not very reasonable.

Shaneth said:

MarcoPulleaux said:

Of course, but if you are on a budget and really only want Heir to the Storm, it's not very reasonable.

Honestly though, it's a great deal I just feel that the promos shouldnt eternally remian exclusive to this kit.

Although they aren't exactly because:

Power of the edge can be bought online or you might already have it.

Clash of the ages was given out at Uk nats and I belive Gencon

I believe Devil within and Heir were at Gencon

Some lucky peeps at Uk nats got Heir to the storm ¬_¬

Being FFG you may get a randomass booster and LOL pull one, not impossible being FFG.

Cheers

Dan

Im pretty sure the reason FFG can do this without losing out is because these cards are already printed and sitting in a warehouse a couple of sets from now they probably wont even sell at all so its a good way to clear out the extra inventory of boxes that might otherwise be harder to sell and not a profit