Is it really sold out already?!

By klempad, in War of the Ring: Collector's Edition

I just tried to order it and it says out of stock.

Never mind. It's back. :oD

Now its back out again. :-)

Indeed it appears that way... any word on whether this has indeed sold out, or whether they will open up another pre-order, or when?

The CE is truly impressive, and my hat's off to the designers on this one.

Argh! I was waiting for this and it's already gone?

Are all 800 copies sold out or just the first 400?

Just keep checking. The collector's edition has been showing Out-of-stock at times, but then available again later.

One theory is that people are placing it in the shopping cart, but not purchasing. Many people doing this can make it appear the game is out of stock. However, after their carts time out, the product becomes available again.

It is still the case that reloading the add to cart page is occasionally coming up with the ability to pre-order? Somehow I have been asleep for several months, and completely missed the fact that this was finally close to attainable, until about 10 minutes ago. Barring this, has there been any reliable word as to when the 400, 2010 pre-orders will be available, in the US?

Thanks!

Ray~

It's Frodo's fault...He won't quit putting that darned ring on. Every time he does, the whole game goes invisible and disappears for a spell until he comes to his senses...

I answered my own question- as of 3 minutes ago, this technique is still indeed valid. I have just pre-ordered the beast. Gods be merciful when I get the credit card bill!

Ray~

I just ordered as well. Anyone know the average time until it shows up on the cc?...

I ordered mine about 5 minutes after it first became available for pre-order on the 22nd. It took 3 business days to show up on my CC.

I had the same out of stock problem as well. However, I kept trying and now have a pre-order. Yeah!

Nuts! I had it in my cart on Wednesday, but got caught up in work and never finished the transaction. Refresh...refresh...refresh...

Don't know if it has much credence, but a person posted over at BBG.com that after calling FFG to confirm his order, the CS rep said that the initial 400 would be gone by week's end.

Well after going to a meeting (a five hour meeting) I came back and refreshed to find a copy.

Pre-ordered!

I think I am happier than I should be after ordering a 400 game.

Personally, I'm glad they limited the number as they did. I've purchased my fair shair of CEs that had runs of 10,000 or more, only to see them remain available for purchase well below the initial price.

Don't get me wrong. I'm happy they are a part of my collection, but they certainly don't feel limited .

From the beginning I knew WotR: CE was going to be a sell out. There are simply hordes of fans wanting to own it; those of the game, but also the legions of fans of the books and movies. Sure, there were plenty of nay-sayers who said the $400 price tag was too high. But if you look at prices for LotR related memorabilia, prices are all over the board. I've seen plenty of sculptures and replica items that are going for $500 or more, and those are collectibles that will simply sit on a shelf. WotR is a collectible that is meant to be played as much as it is to be admired.

It truly is a collector's item.

Wow, it does say out of stock. Surely they didn't sell 400 copies in the past few hours did they?

And now I'm a bit curious. With the late time of my preorder, did I get in the first run or second?

Send an email to their customer service and ask. That's what I did!...

As I'm sure you've seen the second pre-orders for after Christmas are available. I envy you all. I couldn't manage Space Hulk earlier and now this one is going away. Ahh, well. Hopefully one of you guys will play a game with me the next time you're in Tucson.