Need some professional advice on All Paul Wall

By MarcoPulleaux, in UFS Deck Building

phoenix smasher is epic if you running a lot of stun... can net a lot of damage with it easy

MarcoPulleaux said:

But see, if you aren't running Smasher, how do you get the desired damage that Smasher can attest to?

Stringing attacks, basically.

Or you hit a Gut Drill for massive damage. Whenever I reverse with Gut Drill, almost all of the time I will pump it to like... 7spd 16dmg with stuff like Boxing is Life, Bloodline Rebellion, Ultimate Team, Paul's Enhance, Best Friends, etc. They usually take it unless they wanna block and ruin their turn. Either way, Gut Drill is the MVP. It sets up your win turn almost all of the time.

Turn Thruster is almost always 5spd for 8dmg alone, with just what's on the card. You obviously set up with Hammer of the Gods + Paul's Response, plus other stun attacks like additional Hammer of the Gods and Tandoyas. They see Hammer of the Gods worth blocking when it's at 3spd 7dmg. Like the Gut Drill, pump the 5H8 Turn Thruster with Boxing is Life, Bloodlines, Ultimate Team, Paul's Enhance, Best Friends, stuff like that.

A lot of times you'll find yourself sitting with a 6spd 28dmg attack. This is why I encourage to run 4x Boxing is Life as the +2spd is a game-winner multiple times.

Phoenix Smasher is decent but falls short compared to his other attacks.

Updated decklist

-1 Hunt for Jin
+1 Boxing is Life
-3 Neutron Bomb
+3 Tandoya

Tandoya:

-Has 1 more damage
-Has built-in Stun (for Smasher), can go to Stun 2
-is a Punch

Neutron Bomb is pretty sweet indeed, but it isn't really necessary in Paul I don't feel.

Honestly how much damage can you get the P S to?
if you 2 hammer of the gods and then a PS you get a total of +7 damage... that's with optimism since I guess that can happen although not always likely... most of the time it will as you may run some stun one attacks = 5-6 damage and the speed isn't that high (3 if im not mistaken?)
It's also 6 dif
requires committing 2 foundations.
oh and for the quick kills you use the fire e on toughest in the universe.

If you reversal with a gut drill in the early game it's game over most of the time... stun 2 with paul's snipeing power is crazy (and more fun if you add in paul's gi)... you don't even care about things like torn hero or that tira anti stun card cause it's game over pretty much

sir_shajir said:

Honestly how much damage can you get the P S to?
if you 2 hammer of the gods and then a PS you get a total of +7 damage... that's with optimism since I guess that can happen although not always likely... most of the time it will as you may run some stun one attacks = 5-6 damage and the speed isn't that high (3 if im not mistaken?)
It's also 6 dif
requires committing 2 foundations.
oh and for the quick kills you use the fire e on toughest in the universe.

If you reversal with a gut drill in the early game it's game over most of the time... stun 2 with paul's snipeing power is crazy (and more fun if you add in paul's gi)... you don't even care about things like torn hero or that tira anti stun card cause it's game over pretty much

Best Friends and Paul's Gi help elevate the Stun rating on Smasher for more damage.
It already has 6 printed
It isn't a 6 diff, it's a 5.
By the time you play your Smasher resolves, it is unlikely that it will be blocked because the opponent should've been hit hard by Hammer - Turn Thruster - Smasher.

Yes, Gut Drill as a reversal is bowss, which is why it's in here as one of the central strategies.

Smasher helps clean up, and one way to look at is simply a block baiter as it's a nice printed 6 damage.

darklogos said:

kiit said:

darklogos said:

I don't see the value of ancient fighting style in the meta. Maybe you can inlighten me a bit.

I don't know if I can inlighten you, I guess I could mail you a lightbulb. however I could Enlighten you, but first, take a quick look at Polio's deck list, ponder some of the effects, then think to yourself "why would Kiit recommend ancient fighting style."

So tired but can't sleep or spell right now!

Gut Drill as a reversal, Algol's foundation to draw up to their hand because it's your attack. Simple enough.

Except the foundation mentioned is not the one that draws up to their hand. That would be Father's Tragedy.

Unless you're thinking of the cards you're ditching for The Ultimate Team, which isn't nearly worth as much as drawing up to the turn player's hand.

Nice catch Alex.

Well, what do you guys think? Keep Ancient Fighting Style? Replace entirely with Father's Tragedy? Or lose a few foundations to add 2-3 Father's Tragedy?

Keep Ancient Fighting Style. It's one of the 1DF foundations worth playing. The +4 block mod is also the best you can get with Ultimate Team and Hammer of the Gods.

I really don't think Father's Tragedy is worth it. I really don't see the point being effective. When you Gut Drill as a reversal, you screw up their turn anyways and usually expend quite a bit of resources to do it effectively. Drawing up off your Gut Drill isn't important as it sounds. You draw back up to 6 on your turn anyways.