Boomers paint page and conversion charts

By Boomer_J, in Imperial Assault Painting and Modification

That worked amazingly!! Thanks so much!

You're welcome Gingy1. I'm just glad some one finds it useful.

2f43b124198c4bbfdcfa3565a58c3194.jpg

Sorry it has taken me so long but here is the list for Ep. 22: Loando Calrissian or use the spreadsheet: https://1drv.ms/x/s!ApZjBKR1VkNdhQE8vjgKeJYbnElg

Edited by Boomer_J

Thanks for supplying the link to the spreadsheet file. That helps a lot.

Sorry for the lack of post. I just been in a mental low and can’t get motivated to paint. I did get some Rosemary & Co Kolinsky Sable SER 33 brushes and am anxious to try them out. I have so much miniature painting to catch up on. Sorastro has been hard to keep up with lately with all the videos he has been cranking out, NOT THAT THIS IS A BAD THING! KEEP THEM COMING SORASTRO! YOU ROCK!!!!!!!

Do any of you ever experience slumps in painting? How do you all get out of your slumps in painting and get re motivated to paint? I’m hoping with the onset of winter things will change.

Boomer, painter's burnout is real! When I hit it, it's usually after painting a group of figs, rather than just a unique one. Maybe take a break from the squads/multi-model painting and do something completely different and unique. I'm working my way through the Tusken Raiders right now, and it's tough. I primed in white, and putting light-brown or beige colors over white always looks like I missed a spot. In the last couple days, I've managed to get two colors down across 6 Raiders. To change things up, I focus on a Bantha for a bit. One other option I recently tried was to get all the base colors down on a bunch of different unique figs, like Mak, Fenn, Artoo and Threepio. It at least gave me some color variety, and helped keep me motivated.

The real trick is finding what works for you. Painting blocks suck, and I wish you luck in finding that "thing" that keeps you movin', man :D

Afterthoughts:

I just recalled a video I watched by Lester Bursley, a fellow mini painter that I've followed for a LONG time. He hasn't put much content out on his channel in almost a year, but he's a fanTASTIC painter. He has some solid advice on just this topic, too. Give it a watch, here . Skip to about 1:40 if you want to get right to it.

One more bit I just thought I'd mention as well. Having an end goal of "Done not Perfect" helps, too. What I mean by this is know when to stop yourself. I have the hardest time convincing myself that even if the lines between two colors or shades isn't picture-perfect crisp, it's done and I need to move on. Lando's cloak was one of these times, for example. I wound up nearly re-basing the blue on his cloak because I wasn't satisfied with how I blended the low-to-mid tones. After spending another couple hours trying to get it to look "perfect", I took a step back for about 20 minutes and had another look. I realized that from table-top distance, it looked great. That's really where your friends are gonna see it anyway, right? I've spent days agonizing over details that NOBODY else would see, and this kind of scrutiny certainly burned me out at times. Learn to give yourself some slack. It'll help.

Edited by ElJeffe313

Thanks Eljeffe313

Eljeffe313, I watched that It video you suggested and it had a lot of great ideas. Thanks a lot.

I'm glad it helped!

Great thread! Sorry if has already been explained, but what do the asterisks mean next to some of the vallejo paints?

Great thread! Sorry if has already been explained, but what do the asterisks mean next to some of the vallejo paints?

Thank you SquintEyedFellow. If I remember right and I hand to look this up since it's been so long ago that I used them, the asterisk by the paint number means to apply the paint as a dry brush.

Thank you SquintEyedFellow. If I remember right and I hand to look this up since it's been so long ago that I used them, the asterisk by the paint number means to apply the paint as a dry brush.

The asterisks in Star Wars Imperial Assault Painting Guide Ep.21: Rebel Saboteurs on the Citadel paints are explained in the drop down notes in that video by Sorastro. * = "*These are entirely optional colours that aren't represented on the box art (such as the trousers which can't be seen)."

And **= "**This could really be any bright silver colour - such as Runefang Steel, or Vallejo's Chrome. Upon comparing Stormhost Silver with Runefang Steel I found the finished colour almost identical, but the Stormhost Silver has slightly smoother/finer coverage."

Ep.30: Kayn Somos & Heavy Stormtroopers

deff1965cd92fbd48313dfa7089ee2e3.jpg

Here is Ep.30: Kayn Somos & Heavy Stormtroopers, or you can use the spreadsheet at: https://1drv.ms/x/s!ApZjBKR1VkNdhQE8vjgKeJYbnElg

Edited by Boomer_J

Here is the conversion for Ep.31: Loku Kanoloa.

48fd3c7e6bf8d62d14f18d7b7f35d8a1.jpg

Here is the conversion for Ep.31: Loku Kanoloa , or you can use the spreadsheet at: https://1drv.ms/x/s!ApZjBKR1VkNdhQE8vjgKeJYbnElg

Edited by Boomer_J

Here is the conversion for Ep.32: Wampas

49c7e9613fdf5e9cc991f942c84d78de.jpg

Here is the conversion for Ep.32: Wampas, or you can use the spreadsheet at: https://1drv.ms/x/s!ApZjBKR1VkNdhQE8vjgKeJYbnElg

Edited by Boomer_J

Look what came in the mail yesterday. Star Wars Imperial Assault Jabba's Realm and Wave 8.

4953e79d372756b87a1a773a1ef88fd1.jpg

Oh and yes that is one of my two cats in the background. She was all in the way during the unboxing.

Edited by Boomer_J

I ordered two Star Wars Imperial Assault Jabba's Realm expansions and one of my rancors was missing it's base I emailed FF to see if I could get the missing base. I was wondering also if any one had any trouble with the rancor miniature putting dents in the hero sheets from packaging issues and the sculpture's spiky bits? Both of my expansions had dents on the Shyla Varad heroes sheets due to the rancor sculpt being all spiky.

Edited by Boomer_J