Elves next ?

By magicrealm, in BattleLore

Does anybody know if Elves are planned for Battle Lore ? This would be great because then Runewars can be played with Battle Lore Models and Battlefields

Who knows? Possbly sooner or later Elves will arrive, but as long as there's no official news from FFG, nobody is able to answer your query. Sorry

There's [almost] no way elves aren't coming next. I hope they're every bit as cool as I'm imagining them.

But Julia's right, no word from FFG on that yet.

We JUST got undead.

7 expansions have been released in a short space of time, I'm sure elves will be next but I don't mind if ffg take a break first. I've got lots of new toys to play with.

With runebound almost in stores and mists of bilehall on the boat I don't think we'll see another terrinoth announcement until they've arrived.

With runebound almost in stores and mists of bilehall on the boat I don't think we'll see another terrinoth announcement until they've arrived.

This. BattleLore now has a huge potential, and received a lot of love during the last year. As Mulletcheese said, it's 7 expansions AND an app implementation that actually is pretty cool.

Terrinoth is quite a huge setting, with several games taking place there. They just announced RuneBound 3rd. Now RB's core set comes with a few heroes and only 2 scenarios. I think it'd be more logical if they release a few expansions for RuneBound before returning to BattleLore. You know, just to avoid cannibalizing the audience, and all the rest

I would also expect to see a few more neutrals released prior to new armies.

I just got the second Undead expansion and am working my way toward the neutral units.

If FFG decides to delay a few months on the elves, I would take it as a kindness.

we have 5 elves unit types:

- archer

- warrior

- sorceress

- pegasus rider

- forest guardian

- leonx rider

now.. every faction has 9 unit types... so FFG will create 3 brand new units !!!

how these 3 types could be????

Ranger - elite, infantry, archer

2 move, 3 attack, 3 health

Accuracy - can commit heroic results to cause 1 damage

Archery - instead of a normal attack, may perform ranged attack with a strength of 2 and range 1-4

I like that Ranger!

One I came up with was:

Aymhelin Scout

Infantry, Melee

Movement: 2

Combat Value: 2

Health: 3

Arboreal Strike: This unit gains +1 die on combat rolls into and out of forest hexes.

I've also developed some abilities for other units a few months back, but I haven't play tested anything.

Deepwood Archer

Infantry, Archer, Ranged

Combat Value: 2 (range 1-4)

Crack Shot: If this unit does not move during the move step, it may commit results to deal damage.

Mobility 1: After a combat phase ends during which this unit was ordered, it may move 1 hex.

Storm Sorceress

Caster, Infantry, Ranged

Combat Value: 3 (range 1-3)

Word of Vaal: [Heroic] Cause 1 retreat.

Alluring Sorcery: When an enemy unit retreats from Storm Sorceress' attack, you may spend 1 lore to have that unit move directly toward you instead of away from you.

i read the units of "the uncanny one" but archer and sorceress were both in the 6 former units .

I think the ranger of "Daverman" and the scout of yours are both cool but I imagine some creature like:

- wood elves dryads (from warhammer world) who can be elite troops like the Daqan Golems with

Movement: 1

Combat Value: 4

Health: 4 (four miniatures for unit)

regenaration: with a strike recover one health

immovable: can ignore one retreat

- wardancer (from warhammer too but in my opinion FFG can do beautiful miniatures):

Combat Value: 3

thousand cut : (like uthuk berserkers)

sword master: can cause retreat with a single sword AND crossed swords (like superior tactit but more powerful)

- Branchwraith

Combat Value: 2

ethereal (like undead wraith)

force of nature: it can be activated by heroic result (if the unit is inside or adiacent to a forest exe the target unit can not counter attack)

I'd be interested in a Bandit faction or scenario packs and other units (including a legendary witch) now that I've been playing BL Command.

Maybe even throw in a counter for a wagon, signal pyres, peasants, etc.

I'd like to see Orcs as a neutral faction, like the current neutrals, except more. That would fit the fluff quite well.

Edited by Toenail

I think we'll hear about this soon.

I've never seen so little new stuff on the upcoming page, we'll get a lot of new stuff announced early 2016 to make up for that and that should hopefully include battlelore.

Personally, I think this game is screaming for some new boards. The scenarios and terrain tiles keep it interesting, but I'd love to play on a map cut long ways for once. One could add a lot of real play value with a new double sided board. Better yet, a play mat (which already exists) and removable skins with different maps! Castle siege? Wizard's tower? Defend a narrow pass? Destroy/Protect a hallowed or unhallowed temple? Fight in a city? There are limitless possibilities really. Another faction would be great, and no doubt one is in the official cue, but I for one would like to see greater play options for what is out now.

i just bought the expansions for the different armies i'd much rather see scenario packs and neutral units that can be bought by either army playing against each other.

I'd love to see Orcs as a neutral faction, that anyone can use, but in big army packs and not small reinforcements. And you'd get some bonus if you only used Orcs in your army, though you could add them to any army.

Elven Sorceress - infantry, caster

2 move, 3 attack/3 range, 3 health

(Lore) Tangling Roots - Place a Tangling Roots token on an adjacent enemy. That unit can't move or retreat, can pay 2 Lore to remove when ordered.

(Heroic) Elven Sight - Place an Elven Sight token on a friendly unit within 2 hexes. That unit ignores terrain movement/combat restrictions and can move through other units. Unit loses Elven Sight after it moves during owners Move Step.

Edited by Daverman

hello Folks!

it's February 2016.... and the last news about battlelore 2nd edition was dated 1 october 2015. So .. I think it's time for FFG to announce something new ( I hope so much the elves...) but I don't refuse new neutral units :P

i want to pass Easter playing new units into Battlelore Field!

ELVES PLEASE COME ON !!!!!

interesting elf y idea

elves come with unique Forest tiles

one side shows forest

other side has 1 of 3 pictures A blank or B infantry or C cavalry

reveal once unit tile is commanded or moved into.. (considered as attack).

this forest tile does not have to go in a forest potion on setup. deploy as a normal unit.

I think it is possible that they are killing Battlelore. Maybe the army packs didn't sell well enough.

I think it is possible that they are killing Battlelore. Maybe the army packs didn't sell well enough.

the game has a lot of content and i still haven't bought the expansions for the armies, i would be happy with the game and play it for years to come even if they never made anything else.

the game has a lot of content and i still haven't bought the expansions for the armies, i would be happy with the game and play it for years to come even if they never made anything else.

Yeah, but i want more!

Good News!

I have found out from a somewhat reliable source that Elves are in development! No timeline on it though.

Mind posting the source? Curious to read it first hand :)