In the Fight Life Kit you will find:
1x Set 12 ShadoWar Booster Display
1x Set 12 Soul Calibur IV Booster Display

As well as all these 8 never-before-seen promo cards:

2x Heir to the Storm
2x The Devil Within
2x Power of the Edge
2x Clash of the Ages

Included in this kit are four exclusive cards. These promo cards will only appear in this Fight Life Recruitment Kit!

Heir to the Storm, The Devil Within, and Clash of the Ages were first seen at Gencon, but not to everybody else, so I can semi-believe that it was never-before-seen.

I am pretty sure I saw Power of the Edge back in set 1 and have 7 or so copies in storage. My ass it was never before seen.

So how much do you guys think that the foil PotE will be valued at compared to the non-foil PotE?

The implied "never before seen, as a promo, for mass acquisition."

Or you know, the copy writer didn't know which end of his ass he was talking out of.

I haven't seen the Power of the Edge promo, have you?

That one guy who said he pulled it never posted a pic.

Oh, and about the value? The same. They are worded the same, have the same art... one is foil and warps stupidly easy with the weather and is hard to shuffle into decks without sleeves, and the other one is not.

guitalex2008 said:

I haven't seen the Power of the Edge promo, have you?

That one guy who said he pulled it never posted a pic.

Oh, and about the value? The same. They are worded the same, have the same art... one is foil and warps stupidly easy with the weather and is hard to shuffle into decks without sleeves, and the other one is not.

Technically, the wording is different.

So just wondering... Since the wording is different, does that mean we can't use our origional ones?

ROTBI said:

Yeah, no, the rules define both words as doing the same, so they work exactly the same and will be worth the same.

guitalex2008 said:

ROTBI said:

Because instead of saying negate, it says cancel? Wow, definitely game-breaking there.

Yeah, no, the rules define both words as doing the same, so they work exactly the same and will be worth the same.

Which is why I said "technically" they are worded differently.

In the end they do the same.

But their effectiveness dropped with rotation. Sure, it might be nice to stop a Fury of the Ancients or Menuett Dance or Knight Breaker with it (the only ones that will actually be hit hard with the release of this card), but gathering the necessary momentum for it won't be easy... except in Death.

I might rebuild the Death Nina.

The way I see it is more like the Oracle Text in Magic; it retroactively affects all previous printings of the card.

Yeah, it's like what happened between the set and promo Steel's Bane. One of them only destroyed Weapon assets, the other one destroyed assets (I think this is the set one).

In those cases the difference is HUGE, since it wouldn't be able to destroy terrains or Unique assets like... Designer Clothes lol

Point is, in this case, the only difference in wording is that instead of "negating" the card (old wording), it will "cancel" the card. But in both cases, they both respond with a cost of 2 momentum (for 2/4 +4M) when your opponent plays an action or attack card, negates/cancels what it did and discards it from their card pool.

Which means that this will also cancel blocks as it always did.

the PotE promos are foil. They were printed at the same time as the other four reprints.

So when is the exact date that PotE is Legal?

guitalex2008 said:

ROTBI said:

Because instead of saying negate, it says cancel? Wow, definitely game-breaking there.

Not to nitpick (but yet nitpick all at the same time)

The rules actually state that Most Recent printing covers all previous versions of a card.

So the Promo POTE, its text and water mark are applied to all previous versions.

Antigoth said:

Not to nitpick (but yet nitpick all at the same time)

The rules actually state that Most Recent printing covers all previous versions of a card.

So the Promo POTE, its text and water mark are applied to all previous versions.

I'LL BE FORCED TO CANCEL THEIR ATTACK OR ACTION INSTEAD OF NEGATING IT!

I QUIT!

[/sarcasm]

*raises hand*

Am I the only one here expecting the new Power of the Edge to be non-foil?

I was, but from what I heard in this thread, the PotE was reprinted with Close Throw and others, so it will likely be foil.

Meh, like I've said, I simply don't see it seeing much play. Death is truly the only symbol I can think of that would use it, but most decks running Treacherous Offspring and Maniacal Laughter need that momentum for other stuff.

Yeah, based on the picture I saw in the other thread, I was going to throw the foil thing out there too. Thanks for confirming that, Antigoth.

MarcoPulleaux said:

*raises hand*

Am I the only one here expecting the new Power of the Edge to be non-foil?

Yep.

It's foil.

They were printed with the same run as the other reprints. Oh... and the one it Hata's deck from PotM was foily too.

guitalex2008 said:

In the end they do the same.

But their effectiveness dropped with rotation. Sure, it might be nice to stop a Fury of the Ancients or Menuett Dance or Knight Breaker with it (the only ones that will actually be hit hard with the release of this card), but gathering the necessary momentum for it won't be easy... except in Death.

I might rebuild the Death Nina.

So basically, you said "aside from stopping every relevant win condition in the format, its not that good."

Guys... POTE is retarded. It always was. It still is.

Everyone says its a slow card now. It's a slow ENVIRONMENT now. The card now just matches pace with the format. You don't have stuff getting POTE'd off of Power Up on turn 1. Thats fine. Im going to play two deadly rings and x and against and let you waste mid blocks on it. This card is going to make a huge splash in the coming months just like it did when it was legal the first time around.

It is a foil, and I did post a pic. Seeeeeeeee

411.jpg

463.jpg

ShippuJinrai said:

Everyone says its a slow card now. It's a slow ENVIRONMENT now. The card now just matches pace with the format. You don't have stuff getting POTE'd off of Power Up on turn 1. Thats fine. Im going to play two deadly rings and x and against and let you waste mid blocks on it. This card is going to make a huge splash in the coming months just like it did when it was legal the first time around.

Mishima Zaibatsu Leader has Void.

Just throwing that out there...

ShippuJinrai said:

Everyone says its a slow card now. It's a slow ENVIRONMENT now.

Let's be frank. Making this card work is a LOT more work than it was before, and quite frankly, I'll be surprised if every symbol on that card sans Death will be able to pull it off when needed before DYING.

guitalex2008 said:

ShippuJinrai said:

Everyone says its a slow card now. It's a slow ENVIRONMENT now.

You? The person who became swiss champ from a deck that tosses 12 damage attacks every turn after turn 1? Who lost to a deck that can toss 12M15 attacks turn 2? YOU are saying it's a slow environment?

Let's be frank. Making this card work is a LOT more work than it was before, and quite frankly, I'll be surprised if every symbol on that card sans Death will be able to pull it off when needed before DYING.

The only characters i would actively seek a t2 kill against were 7hs and would very seldom get those turn 2 kills. Vik and my games each went to about turn 5. I went to roughly turn 6-7 against every Astrid at SAS. Playing in this format forces you to play slower in prevention of overextending yourself on account of the defensive card pool being so limited. You werent watching my games nor were you playing me or vik or sketch or awaken or anybody else there. This format isnt the blazing fast retard friendly hammer festival of blocks past. Its a lot like a fighting game now. Dont whiff moves or you are going to get punished. In fact, its like tekken 6 where when you whiff a move you die. Ask Awaken about Heihachi, the "fastest deck" in block 4, going to turn 7 in the mirror for fear of attacking and NOT killing his opponent. But i digress. Having played competitive UFS at the height of chain throw kft hammer hammer has skewed my view of what is fast in this game.

I just dont see how getting two attacks is going to be problems. And when this card goes online, it is game changing. The entire pace of the matchup completely shifts and players are now forced to hold attacks for fear of losing the game by committing to an attack and not winning. You only ever need to resolve 1 POTE to completely turn the match around. I guarantee it. Its not like old blocks where EVERYONE was 7-8HS. You have to conserve attacks and win big on the turn you plan to win or just poke and play conservative. I think that when you say that it is more work, what you really mean is that it is less automatic than before. When POTE was legal, you didnt have to work to get momentum anyway. You just had it be it from power up or ripping your opponents face off with tira or what have you. Regardless, I guarantee you this card will drastically affect the meta in one way or another.

@Hatman- INORITE!