Which preview will be out today?

By Mu0n729, in X-Wing

Do they have a booth at Comic Con this weekend? F so I'd expect something this Friday.

While I am fine with a period of radio silence after being swamped with Wave 7, Raider, and new Core Set within a couple weeks of each other, I am curious as to why there has been (uncharacteristically) no news. Could be that the Wave 8 stuff is further away than estimated; it is still "In Development." Could be that they are busy at the Essen trade show (not sure if FFG even travels to Essen, though Asmodee does) and more stuff is forthcoming. Could be that they simply respect the concept of less lead time before release so as to not spoil everything, especially in light of several large releases.

Regardless, I'll appreciate news when it comes, but am fine with it not happening for awhile. If you hadn't noticed, they haven't been putting out much news for anything, so it might just be a slow time in their development/production/release schedule before the holidays.

Do they have a booth at Comic Con this weekend? F so I'd expect something this Friday.

Not that I could find, though the NYCC2015 website is hilariously clunky so I could have missed it.

FFG does have a presence at Essen (see, early release of Imperial Assault).

So this is probably late but the correct answer is...

Yougetnothing.jpg

Why is there all this whining about a lack of news when we have just gotten a TON of new releases?

It could take months to try out all the brand new toys we just got, experiment with lists, find out what we enjoy flying and what works now.

Let the meta shake itself out. I'd be perfectly happy to not have any news before the new year, to say nothing of any actual releases.

Play with the toys you have. Once those start getting stale, THEN is the time for new stuff.

Probably because they already did spoil some really interesting stuff that we would love to have some detail about. I also am fine with being actually able to play with what I have for a while and not to worry what could be, but I also really want to know how the Gonzanti/TIE or the Ghost/Phantom combinations work.

Why is there all this whining about a lack of news when we have just gotten a TON of new releases?

It could take months to try out all the brand new toys we just got, experiment with lists, find out what we enjoy flying and what works now.

Let the meta shake itself out. I'd be perfectly happy to not have any news before the new year, to say nothing of any actual releases.

Play with the toys you have. Once those start getting stale, THEN is the time for new stuff.

Probably because they already did spoil some really interesting stuff that we would love to have some detail about. I also am fine with being actually able to play with what I have for a while and not to worry what could be, but I also really want to know how the Gonzanti/TIE or the Ghost/Phantom combinations work.

Did you see the newest FAQ? There is actually some interesting new tidbits about how docking and deploying work. Not much, but it's a start.

Who's feeling it today???!?

c'mooooonnnnnn Ghost!

Who's feeling it today???!?

WITH NYCC in town I'd give it a possible SATURDAY UPDATE... but today im feeling... Arkham Horror.

Well, the Season 2 trailer for Rebels did drop yesterday...

Really hoping for some more about the Gonzati...Gozati... The one with the TIEs!

Essen Spiel is also happening right now. FFG has wave 8 the Gozanti and the new core set on display (wave 8 still unpainted, Gozanti is painted).

Essen Spiel is also happening right now. FFG has wave 8 the Gozanti and the new core set on display (wave 8 still unpainted, Gozanti is painted).

FEELIN' IT MO'

Picture from Essen:

img_2010.jpg

With that base the Ghost is looking like a tree ^^

Picture from Essen:

img_2010.jpg

Ya, if those still aren't painted, it will be an amazing miracle if we get these by the end of the year.

It's alright. More time to dedicate games to EPIC.

Oh, that Gozanti is a magnificent beast.

First one to paint the Ghost green and the flying stem brown wins!

Edited by FTS Gecko

Picture from Essen:

img_2010.jpg

Ya, if those still aren't painted, it will be an amazing miracle if we get these by the end of the year.

But the TIE Adv. Prototype and the Ghost's mini shuttle ARE painted ... is that an update since Gencon?

But the TIE Adv. Prototype and the Ghost's mini shuttle ARE painted ... is that an update since Gencon?

Yeah it is. Looking back at the photos I took at GenCon, those two ships weren't painted at all.

Edited by Danthrax

Btw ... are the Tie Fighters hanging upside down on their carrier, like little bats?

Yes, yes they are.

Perhaps, and i hate being the voice of reason to us star wars nerds, the prototypes are being shown because they are already done, or it was cheaper to use those than flying complete ones in from China. Perhaps FFG is too busy working on upcoming stuff from the movie that they cant mention to bother with paining the prototypes? Don't panic... Save the sky us falling for the twin laser turret theeads. :P

Btw ... are the Tie Fighters hanging upside down on their carrier, like little bats?

You know what that means! You can hang any ship you want on them!

Picture from Essen:

img_2010.jpg

Compare the Punishing One with the Ghost. They are both on the same size base, which I find hilarious. I think FFG mentioned in an article that the Ghost just barely fits their size standards for a Large base ship.