Which preview will be out today?

By Mu0n729, in X-Wing

Sort of news. The Reaper has a hard stop and sloops.

e246534c4444c20f8a855fd1c1e35c19.jpg

Other people shared this before in another thread, it's from GTM 118.

Edited by Kieransi
I need more sleep...
1 minute ago, Kieransi said:

Sort of news. The U-Wing has a hard stop and sloops.

e246534c4444c20f8a855fd1c1e35c19.jpg

You mean the Reaper, and this is very much the first i've seen of it. It's encouraging, at least it can turn round, unlike the Lambda.

Just now, thespaceinvader said:

You mean the Reaper, and this is very much the first i've seen of it. It's encouraging, at least it can turn round, unlike the Lambda.

I'm already convinced that this thing is going to be the go-to Palp shuttle. Turning around is just so useful, and it's basically got the same exact statline but on a small base (which is, I think, a little better because it makes it a smaller target).

Other than that, I'm not sure of how good it'll be. If it didn't have the crew slots, it would be just another TIE Punisher/G1-A/B-Wing.

Also, Lambda fix probably needed soon if I'm right here, because I don't think the Lambda's a great ship other than as a Palp carrier. (I still remember when four of them were a thing - those were the days!)

1 minute ago, Kieransi said:

I'm already convinced that this thing is going to be the go-to Palp shuttle. Turning around is just so useful, and it's basically got the same exact statline but on a small base (which is, I think, a little better because it makes it a smaller target).

Other than that, I'm not sure of how good it'll be. If it didn't have the crew slots, it would be just another TIE Punisher/G1-A/B-Wing.

Also, Lambda fix probably needed soon if I'm right here, because I don't think the Lambda's a great ship other than as a Palp carrier. (I still remember when four of them were a thing - those were the days!)

It'll depend on the price and the greens. Because I suspect it'll get used more as a Hux/Krennic carrier than a Palp one, overall. I think that combo will be more useful.

But i'll probably be proven wrong and palp will continue to palp in this too.

10 minutes ago, Kieransi said:

Sort of news. The Reaper has a hard stop and sloops.

where's the previous page?

1 minute ago, ficklegreendice said:

where's the previous page?

Again, I needed more sleep last night... :P

699b923a4dac570011da974ae3dca48f.jpg

aww, unfortunately don't get anything concrete out of that

but hey, the reaper can sloop. so it's pretty amazing, all things considered

Not as juicy an article as I was hoping, but the little we learned about the Reaper’s dial is welcome.

Yep. Not super amazing, but fun.

I remember this from when I used to play Destiny a lot - Game Trade Magazine ends up getting to do a preview article for every FFG product, and FFG always tells them one or two little Easter eggs that they're allowed to spoil. So it's nowhere near as informative as a "real" FFG article, but usually very well written and almost always contains a spoiler or two.

Definitely worth picking up the magazine, because most FLGS's give it out for free.

The reaper can do a segnor loop but not a tie fighter ? :P

Look like Palpatine will enjoy this !

Since we had a leak, maybe we'll get a full preview tomorrow!

I know, I'm grasping at straws here

so available in Q2.. I assume late Q2.

4 minutes ago, Wiredin said:

so available in Q2.. I assume late Q2.

Yup. AVailable in FFG Q2. So, early July, most likely. As they're still at the printer. I checked this morning.

Edited by thespaceinvader
6 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

Yup. AVailable in FFG Q2. So, early July, most likely. As they're still at the printer. I checked this morning.

i'm ok with that. Wallet needs time to recover from Legion.

17 minutes ago, PanchoX1 said:

i'm ok with that. Wallet needs time to recover from Legion.

TELL ME ABOUT IT! I'm ordering some battlefoam stuff right away for Legion as well, so you know, fun times.

7 hours ago, Kieransi said:

Again, I needed more sleep last night... :P

699b923a4dac570011da974ae3dca48f.jpg

« striking red-and-white color »

Am I colors blind or its black-and-white ?

29 minutes ago, PoorGreedo said:

« striking red-and-white color »

Am I colors blind or its black-and-white ?

If you are, so am I. That's black and white.

Wait, 10 new ship cards?

8 hours ago, Arkanta974 said:

of course TIE fighters can sloop...

unless you're talking about the galatic empire's model

9 hours ago, SabineKey said:

Not as juicy an article as I was hoping, but the little we learned about the Reaper’s dial is welcome.

8 hours ago, Arkanta974 said:

One could say it's....

3ah6k9okldoy.jpg

Small base. As big as a lambda. Has a hard stop. Can sodding Sloop. Has two crew slots. Actually an agile ship.

Just refuse to sell the lambda anymore at this point, FFG. I've never seen such blatant disregard for a previous ship as this- even the HWK-290 isn't so horribly and grossly ignored.

9 hours ago, Kieransi said:

Also, Lambda fix probably needed soon if I'm right here, because I don't think the Lambda's a great ship other than as a Palp carrier. ( I still remember when four of them were a thing - those were the days!)

Image result for shocked gif

What?! How?! Why?!

2 minutes ago, Steelgunner said:

What?! How?! Why?!

I think it was a matter of fortressing, but parked lambdas was pretty hilarious to hear about.

3 hours ago, Steelgunner said:

What?! How?! Why?!

Short answer is Lackwit is right.

The obvious metagame of X-Wing changes every half a year or so, such that there's a noticeable cycle. For example, at my local game store, I'll notice lots of people after a new wave/FAQ, and then they slowly burn out and disappear, only to return in another 6 months when there's a new FAQ. But the win conditions for the game itself have remained relatively the same. Back in the dark ages when there were only two factions and all the ships actually were stuff that showed up in a real, canon Star Wars movie, win conditions could still be abused with bunkering, running, and fortressing. So as Lackwit says, it was largely a phenomena of tournament structure.

What's more surprising perhaps though is that in non-tournament play (with no time limit or MOV), the "Alabaster Hippo Parade" still preformed very well. Back in those days, 40 hitpoints was near impossible for most things to chew through before killed, and 3-dice arc-locked attacks were actually worth something. Sure, it still got flanked rather easily by many things, but never as efficiently as it would now. Before the Phantom, X-Wing was a different game. And even after, the Lambda held its own for a long time.

Until recent levels of power creep, the Lambda has actually been an amazingly efficient ship in terms of statline/cost. I still don't think it's that truly terrible - if it were actually total garbage, Palpatine wouldn't see play, let alone top tables. It's just very solidly "meh" at this point.

The Lambda fix doesn't need to be big - all it needs is a way to make sure it gets stuff in arc a little more often. Or maybe some more survivability, given the recent hitpoint creep of everything else. But that's probably a topic for a different thread that I don't feel like starting. If anyone feels like creating a "Lambda fix thread" I'd be happy to theorize on the topic some more.

4 hours ago, ficklegreendice said:

of course TIE fighters can sloop...

unless you're talking about the galatic empire's model

The real tie fighter ! :P