GOZANTI-CLASS ARMED TRANSPORT

LANCER-CLASS FRIGATE

DREADNOUGHT-CLASS HEAVY CRUISER

VINDICATOR·CLASS HEAVY CRUISER

INTERDICTOR·CLASS HEAVY CRUISER

PRAETOR ll·CLASS STAR BATTLECRUISER

MCBO LIBERTY TYPE STAR CRUISER

Another wish thread?

Before we spew more dream lists let's ask ourselves "What new mechanic will wave 3 introduce?". If Wave 2 gave us Large ships, what will the "thing" be for the next wave?

We obviously don't know FFG's answer, but I think it is more productive to speculate on new mechanics and how they could work instead of the same-old-tired list making threads about what we want to see and why we think they should be there.

HEre's an easy one: Gravity wells. I have no idea how they will work in the engine or how they can be represented, but we already have two ships that could use such a new mechanic: The ever-popular Immobilizer 418 , and the CC-7700/E frigate from Rebellion , and re-confirmed in the Tarkin novel.

Another wish thread?

Before we spew more dream lists let's ask ourselves "What new mechanic will wave 3 introduce?". If Wave 2 gave us Large ships, what will the "thing" be for the next wave?

We obviously don't know FFG's answer, but I think it is more productive to speculate on new mechanics and how they could work instead of the same-old-tired list making threads about what we want to see and why we think they should be there.

HEre's an easy one: Gravity wells. I have no idea how they will work in the engine or how they can be represented, but we already have two ships that could use such a new mechanic: The ever-popular Immobilizer 418 , and the CC-7700/E frigate from Rebellion , and re-confirmed in the Tarkin novel.

The "thing" for Wave 3 is obviously going to be the Episode 7 ships. There will be 4 ships (Finalizer-Class SD, Gozanti Cruiser, two more) and a dual-faction fighter pack including the T-70 X-Wing and TIE/fo fighters plus 2 more for each faction. None of thse will release before January after the new film.

Another wish thread?

The "thing" for Wave 3 is obviously going to be the Episode 7 ships. There will be 4 ships (Finalizer-Class SD, Gozanti Cruiser, two more) and a dual-faction fighter pack including the T-70 X-Wing and TIE/fo fighters plus 2 more for each faction. None of thse will release before January after the new film.

I am not so sure of that. I am sure new Trilogy stuff will make it into Armada eventually but there is still at least a wave worth of Civil war era ships that need to be in the game. I hope we do not see new trilogy stuff until Civil war era is fleshed out more and 2 there are enough new ships in the new trilogy to make an entire wave.

Why can't they use Legend ships that were also Imperial? The Neb., X-wing, even the Y-wing started service in the imperial forces, well ok the X-wing was a design meant for the Imperium but was stolen....For that matter, why not have Canon vessels and have a second line for non - Canon vessels. I would think in the long run FFG is in this for the money, it can make off of Star Wars, so why not mine all the resources available.

Those of you that remember the original BattleTech saw what happened when the writers wrote themselves into a corner, than had to come up with a new story line and such, and the models / figures for the longest time were stuck or went down hill when they ran out of war machines. Yhe Star Wars universe is so rich in stories and possibilities that they shouldn't run out of ideas or ship classes anytime soon. If nothing else having Imperial factions or splinter groups coming out is something I expect to see in the future or even "captured" Imperial vessels flying Rebel colors.

I think it is more of a getting it approved by LFL and or Disney. Though if I can be wishful, I would like a EU themed set and a Rebels themed set. I really want a few Dreadnought Heavy cruisers, some support themed ships and squadrons that give us shuttles and transports, as well as carriers.

But will there enough new capital ships in Rebels to justify a wave after season 2 is done? So far there are only a couple of Rebels capital ships that aren't already in Wave 1 or Wave 2.

I just want the skipray blastboat

That would probably be a squadron of Skiprays rather then a single ship. Still a nice idea though.

But will there enough new capital ships in Rebels to justify a wave after season 2 is done? So far there are only a couple of Rebels capital ships that aren't already in Wave 1 or Wave 2.

Ideally, you'd need 5 Releases for a Wave, Correct?

Rebels , through what has already been shown, and the Previews, has already given us 2 Capital ships, one for each side:

The Pelta class Frigate, and the Interdictor*.

Iconically , that would also give us a small Squadron Box that would include the Ghost , and perhaps the Inquisitors assorted Spacecraft, both seen and unseen, and maybe even Shuttles , or the forthcoming Pirate vessel from the next episode, depending on its Size...

Which would leave us 2 Releases away from Rebels alone...

We could jump to Aftermath and Tarkin , and add the Carrack or the Lancer, based on what people have been saying**

Plus, even with Rebels , Season 2 is supposedly 20 odd episodes, and we're, what, 3 Episodes in so far? We've got some time for everything to be shown.

Besides, this is the point where we're really getting out of the "We're on our own." thoughts to the "We're the Rebellion." side of things, so more and more could be revealed... Hell, going all the way to MonCals is entirely possible, depending on how the story goes...

*I know it may not be called this, but its what it is known as to a lot of people.

**I have read none of them myself, so I go on hearsay.

Well they are definitely meeting a Mon Calamari to get the B-Wing prototype...

That would probably be a squadron of Skiprays rather then a single ship. Still a nice idea though.

I am OK with that as well.

I'd think a possibility would be no new models but just new upgrades and ship cards. Changes to cost based on changes to armament, the shields, the allowed upgrades, nav charts, command, squadron, and engineering values. You use the ships you have but they play different because of the modifications.

They could give a number of different upgrades. Lots of room there to play with costs and abilities and maybe having a upgrade that is both ordinance and turbolaser slot or officer and support crew.

There was also mentioned the chance for new objective sets.

Very unlikely at least not this soon. Even if there aren't enough canon designs to go around there are still several Legends designs they could use, and really if you include the ship classes from the canon novels, and the one ship class which was rebel in Legends but Imperial in its only canon appearance so far as rebel they have enough rebel ships for another wave and Imps for two or three

I'm expecting a Rebels-inspired wave for wave 3.

Imps Ships:

Interdictor

Arquiten

Imp Squadron :

Gozanti - (Would be a large squadron but would launch TIEs)

Rebels Ships:

Command Ship (The Corvette that was much larger than the others)

Some Mon Calamari ship we haven't seen yet (Might appear next week in the B-Wing episode).

Squadrons:

The Ghost

I'd guess we'll also see a few aces - Maybe phoenix squadron as an alternate for A-Wings, a B-Wing variant, and some Imperial Lothal TIEs.

Rebels Ships:

Command Ship (The Corvette that was much larger than the others)

If you're referring to the capital ship Vader took out that was a Frigate not a Corvette. Pelta class to be more precise, they showed up in The Clone Wars usually as transport or medical ships but the Saga rules gave them enough teeth to make good fighting ships for their size. Still small base though since they are between a CR90 and a Nebulon-B in size but closer to the Nebulon-B.

Edited by RogueCorona