3x Shrine to Taal [2E]
3x Keystone Forge [2D]

Tactics - 12 Cards

3x Innovation [0]
3x Franz's Decree [1E]
2x Sigmar's Intervention [2EE]
2x Demolition [2D]
2x Wake the Mountain [3DD]

Here's my first attempt at a constructed deck, working off the Dwarves/Empire's joint ability to put quite a few developments into play and benefit from them, while also mounting a reasonable offense. Haven't played this deck yet, but will keep you updated when I do, but while it's on the drawing board are there any glaring problems / omissions anyone can think of?

Similar to my deck, though mine is larger by about 10-15 cards, iirc.

Mine is a mixture of strong Dwarven units, damage prevention and healing, and powerful table-clearing Tactics.

Seems to be the strongest deck I've played with or against so far - just barely tougher than an Orc deck. :)

Orks do look fairly solid, might try to cook up a list for them in a bit. By board sweeping I guess you mean Judgement of Verena? It's tempting to run a few copies, but I'm not sure how playing around this strategy (by playing developments just to negate the effect of this card) affects its efficiency. I make it a habit to drop a battlefield/kingdom development ASAP after I see the Empire capital hit the table . . . although Will of the Electors can negate this, I'm not sure whether relying on drawing another card which I'm only running 3 of in a 60+ card deck makes it worth the slots.

Also, if you've been running Ironbreakers of Ankhor how have you found them? I was contemplating swapping out the Mountain Brigades for them but I'm not sure how often I'll have 5 resources to commit to a unit . . . if they had -1 cost +1 loyalty then they would be in straight away but I'm currently not convinced.

Can you use the Alliance cards outside of the draft format? The rules seem to indicate that you only use them for that. Wasn't sure.

blkdymnd said:

Can you use the Alliance cards outside of the draft format? The rules seem to indicate that you only use them for that. Wasn't sure.

I don't see why you wouldn't be able to. Makes using the Elf cards a bit more reasonable.

I've not seen where the rules imply that their use is only for Draft format - that would be horribly short-sighted and basically make dual-decks impossible. I'm 100% certain they can be used for normal gameplay.

So I took a small percentage of your ideas and ran with it in my own variation on this deck . . . and so far it runs great. My mixes are a little different, but the basic idea is still there.

I'm worried hwo your version deals the hammer blow to finish off the opposition unless you just plan on building up all your bonuses for a big sweep of one of the zones.