Kilik?

By Makingsenseofus, in UFS General Discussion

MarcoPulleaux said:

Knight Breaker never needed to exist in this game.

It did, it's called Dragon's Flame.

Homme Chapeau said:

MarcoPulleaux said:

Which I'm totally fine with, but not Knight Breaker.

MarcoPulleaux said:

Homme Chapeau said:

MarcoPulleaux said:

Which I'm totally fine with, but not Knight Breaker.

I challenged your statement by posting a card well designed. And honestly Knight Breaker doesn't bother me much, but it should have been printed as a vanilla combo, and not a Nightmare specific one. Maybe it's because I've been playing against it for so long that I've learned to anticipate the thing.

One day, there will be a Combo "Mid attack, No Keyword High Attack"

It bothers me because mid ATTACK is easy to fulfill, but mid WEAPON limits the scope in its entirety.

Also, I'm still looking forward to cards that say, "Your attack that does not have a keyword TRAIT gets...."

Oh yeah...Trait-support

MarcoPulleaux said:

Well, I'm not so sure we have a problem. We've always wanted flexible utility attacks, and well, cards such as Pommel, Wheel Kick, Hilt Impact, etc, are great examples IMO. In the current format, yes, they dominate, but that's because our block is young, and yes, only Torn Hero, Journey of Repentence, and Perfect Sense only slightly quell the effect, especially when Stun-ridden chars like Paul don't necessarily care about those.

My whole thing is that cards need to become less universal. Lizardman can ONLY be ran using Low attacks. Steve Fox can ONLY be ran using Punches. That's exactly how just 'bout every card needs to be, that way the character uses their support best, and that way it limits the amount of "cookie cutter" cards that are generic and fit well into anything.

too bad your so full of BS just because you play with yourself to create your "opinions" on things. show me where lizardman says "can only run low attacks and nothing else" and Steve Fox says "you can only run punches and nothing else" because I must be missing this text on the cards. Knight breaker is fine, or is this another case of "wah wah wah I don't have the card so it should be banned/never have been printed" like so many other polio based cries?

kiit said:

too bad your so full of BS just because you play with yourself to create your "opinions" on things. show me where lizardman says "can only run low attacks and nothing else" and Steve Fox says "you can only run punches and nothing else" because I must be missing this text on the cards. Knight breaker is fine, or is this another case of "wah wah wah I don't have the card so it should be banned/never have been printed" like so many other polio based cries?

If you don't want to play optimally, go ahead and run mid and high attacks on Lizardman. Go run some kicks and throws with Steve Fox. Run punches and kicks in King. Don't run Spinning Demon in Kazuya, Jin or Heihachi. Run Ice Pick in Nina without Unknown Son, Twilight Witch, Forbidden Lore, Invoking the Ancients, Lao Xie's Grinning Death, Two Deadly Rings Technique, Twilight Embrace or Head Ringer.

Seriously, you're talking out of your ass. Running anything OTHER than low attacks on Lizardman is stupid. Running something other than punches in Steve Fox is pointless. They get OBVIOUS, and blatantly obvious at that, benefits from running attacks of a certain, specific nature. Do you NOT want Lizardman to use two Keep them Downs on a King's Reverse DDT/Alphard Maliki thrown during the opponent's turn? Do you not want Steve to completely shrug off most attacks by using one of the attacks that connected last turn?

Do you not want a good deck, perhaps?

MarcoPulleaux said:

But if we didn't have Knight Breaker all Scott could say would be Pasta D:

guitalex2008 said:

kiit said:

If you don't want to play optimally, go ahead and run mid and high attacks on Lizardman. Go run some kicks and throws with Steve Fox. Run punches and kicks in King. Don't run Spinning Demon in Kazuya, Jin or Heihachi. Run Ice Pick in Nina without Unknown Son, Twilight Witch, Forbidden Lore, Invoking the Ancients, Lao Xie's Grinning Death, Two Deadly Rings Technique, Twilight Embrace or Head Ringer.

Seriously, you're talking out of your ass. Running anything OTHER than low attacks on Lizardman is stupid. Running something other than punches in Steve Fox is pointless. They get OBVIOUS, and blatantly obvious at that, benefits from running attacks of a certain, specific nature. Do you NOT want Lizardman to use two Keep them Downs on a King's Reverse DDT/Alphard Maliki thrown during the opponent's turn? Do you not want Steve to completely shrug off most attacks by using one of the attacks that connected last turn?

I hate to say this... your thinking is limiting your way of thought... Tell that to the guy who ran that king deck in the SAS with only 8 throws? At first thought you would think that it is a not so great idea... test it out and see what the results are... Innovation is not based on doing what is tried and true it is based on doing what others aren't doing.

You're preaching to the choir about innovation.

Back on topic, half of that guy's attacks were throws. I mean a King deck NOT running throws. That's the same logic as running kicks and throws in Steve Fox.

Every deck has blocks for every zone. It is LOGICAL that running attacks of only one zone is actually GOOD, especially off-center. Lizardman takes advantage of low attacks. Is there TRULY a reason not to run low attacks?

Spinning Demon
Alphard Maliki
Wipe The Floor
King's Reverse DDT
Leg Slash
Razor's Bite

Add to that whatever low attacks are released in the next set.

Running high attacks makes SOME sense if only to psych the opponent out, so if they only kept low blocks (which are stupidly hard to come by as it is), they get hit by a high attack. That's only logistical sense. But it doesn't work that way in practice. In practice, the opponent will most likely have a low block, but mostly mid blocks. They'll play the cards with high blocks but keep mids and lows.

guitalex2008 said:

kiit said:

But my Crushing Embrace of the Jotuns in my Astrid deck?! Are you saying it's not good now? :oP lol

sir_shajir said:

guitalex2008 said:

kiit said:

I hate to say this... your thinking is limiting your way of thought... Tell that to the guy who ran that king deck in the SAS with only 8 throws? At first thought you would think that it is a not so great idea... test it out and see what the results are... Innovation is not based on doing what is tried and true it is based on doing what others aren't doing.

depends on what your using, one of our players is playing steve, a couple of his attacks aren't punchs because his mono punch build had problems dealing with some cards, so he runs a couple of tech cards, much like what you would run in lizardman (because tech cards are useful) I run ice pick in non Nina decks (I find Nina boring to play)

B-Rad said:

But my Crushing Embrace of the Jotuns in my Astrid deck?! Are you saying it's not good now? :oP lol

Running something other than Weapons in Astrid is also hard to justify.

It's like... running Asfixiante in Christie. It's a higher diff than her average attack, the lowest control on any of her attacks and does NOT benefit from any of her support whatsoever (then again these sets were designed with rotation in mind if I heard correctly).

It's like... only running 3 diff attacks and no characters in Heihachi.

It's like rain on your wedding day.

It's a free ride when you've already paid.

It's the good advice (like running punches in Steve Fox) that you just didn't take.

Then who would've thought, IT FIGURES?

Isn't it ironic?

guitalex2008 said:

B-Rad said:

lol

It's like... running Asfixiante in Christie. It's a higher diff than her average attack, the lowest control on any of her attacks and does NOT benefit from any of her support whatsoever (then again these sets were designed with rotation in mind if I heard correctly).

It's the good advice (like running punches in Steve Fox) that you just didn't take.

Isn't it ironic?

[This is where you declare your undying love for Ryan Reynolds and your passionate hatred for Dave Coulier]

guitalex2008 said:

B-Rad said:
lol

Isn't it ironic?

non weapons in astrid is hard to justify

asfixiante [5/2] no higher than the non-SSS cards, so I guess you haven't pulled or seen Knee thruster [5/2] or lunging brush fire [5/3] or fruit picker [5/3]

heihachi can run the 3 difficulty attacks with fire damage pump to get it to the 4 damage for his enhance

rain isn't bad, better then say a giant wild fire on your wedding day

city transit bus pass, pay at the beginning of the month, ride without needing to pay for the full month

who said to not run punches, just that you CAN run other things Polio was saying that you CANNOT run anything but punches with Steve Fox.

not ironic at all

I could never hate uncle Joey.

As for Asfixiante, I have pulled playsets of Knee Thruster, Lunging Brush Fire and Fruit Picker. See, the only difference is, Christie's support DOES care about those. Asfixiante is a f'ing PUNCH. A PUNCH. I don't think even when I played Tekken with her I ever used the top 2 buttons for anything other than changing stances!

NONE of her support helps punches. They only do marginally good things for kicks. Knee Thruster makes any kick a Multiple:1, nice with Fruit Picker (not for Asfixiante). Close Friends gives +2 speed to any kick, but hey Asfixiante is a PUNCH.

I'm not saying you can't run punches in Christie, I'm saying you shouldn't. If there's one punch worth running in her, it's Asfixiante because it helps fetch kicks. Even then, nothing in her support will help it. Better to go with SSS, LBF and Fruit Picker as an attack lineup.

In Steve, only Neutron Bomb should even be considered if you want to run something besides punches. Free CC boost to play more attacks is always good. But it's incredibly difficult to justify because when you do NOT draw punches as your attacks, you can consider yourself deader than if the opponent drew into a Pommel Smash next turn.

sir_shajir said:

Hell I didn't even read his deck and I figured that out pretty **** easily. You don't need all Throws if you can just go right ahead and fetch them at a moment's notice.

guitalex2008 said:

B-Rad said:

lol

Isn't it ironic?

so your saying that if pommel smash wasnt a weapon then you couldnt run it in astrid?

Or your saying that konvict kick will never be ran in king even though its his card?

Of course you want most of your attack to interact with you character but hell everyone needs a few utility attacks here and there its only natural