Kilik?

By Makingsenseofus, in UFS General Discussion

So, new story up on the FFG site is we're getting a new promo killik, and he looks pretty ridonk imo. Tap an average of 3 foundations pre speed pump to just kinda drop the attack your opponents trying to play out of the cardpool. This would be probably uber broken if it werent for the tremendous amount of stun in the format right now, and the fact that he doesn't have anti commit cards accessible to him. Also, the F is going to be turning some heads as well. Turn your momentum into card draw? yes please chaos symbol.

Thoughts?

(here's the link) http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=852

Def. will piss off one of the locals whose bryan fury deck consists of just chucking on giant throw of doom a turn. Me likes.

ahhh the character that started it all for me....i cant wait to abuse you sir!

If you aren't..

JJ/Rashotep
running Stun
running speed pumps

Don't plan on attacking.

Thankfully, Kilik cannot run Cursed Blood, or anything to accelerate his building, and truly, his symbols aren't very good...

All in all, he'll be annoying, but as it currently stands, he isn't very good. I know most people would think a Chaos build is best, but most Chaos characters need momentum to kill, AND Heihachi is kinda better? Water is balls, and All has Paul Phoenix and Astrid...

I'd love to call him broken, but truly, I don't think he's going to be very good at all =/

MarcoPulleaux said:

If you aren't..

JJ/Rashotep
running Stun
running speed pumps

Don't plan on attacking.

Thankfully, Kilik cannot run Cursed Blood, or anything to accelerate his building, and truly, his symbols aren't very good...

All in all, he'll be annoying, but as it currently stands, he isn't very good. I know most people would think a Chaos build is best, but most Chaos characters need momentum to kill, AND Heihachi is kinda better? Water is balls, and All has Paul Phoenix and Astrid...

I'd love to call him broken, but truly, I don't think he's going to be very good at all =/

What is your backing for saying he isnt very good? Hes the old shoulder rush e on a character and that card was broken without dedicated momentum generation.

I think he is very broken even in this limited cardpool. Keep in mind players are drawing on average 4-6 cards a turn. Unless they are drawing TONS of attacks each turn then his ability becomes a soft lock. The game has become a matter of outpacing your opponent and punishing while they are overextended. Kilik is INCREDIBLE at this. He also makes combo a completely moot point.

I don't like to jump on the broken band wagon that seems to have been running rampant on these boards. But i actually feel that this incarnation of kilik is a little bit overpowered. I guess time and testing will tell then.

I think a chaos build of this Kilik would be good. As soon as I read him, it made me want to go back to chaos. I agree with the fact that as of right now he might be a little overpowered, but no one has really played him yet, so it seems we will have to wait and see.

Hmm...

Well...to be honest, I just don't know what to think. From all I've read and witnessed, most kills happen in the turn 3-5 window. How much building will he actually do?

See...here's where I'm torn.

On the "he's crap" side, look at his symbols.

Water, as we can all agree, is balls. It has Yi Shan, Lu Chen, and Christie as support. All 3 of their support...only really help THEM, with some very few exceptions (Know when to Talk, Atoning for the Past, Tiger Claw). Simply put, Water sucks.

Chaos, the symbol most may think is his best, is very enigmatic, and while it has some really fun tools, it isn't a very "cookie cutter" type of symbol. Chaos' kills are quite limited. Heihachi has the luxury of making any attack a kill, which is why he did as well as he did at the SAS. But him, and possibly Jin Kazama aside, Chaos doesn't have Knight Breaker or Wrath of Heaven or Shredding Vibrato, or anything very "simple" like that. Most I can think of in a non character-specific kill is Dark Geo boosted with Need to Destroy. Kilik's F is only "nifty" at best when you consider how hard momentum is to generate, and while Chaos generates momentum fastest, Chaos uses momentum more.

All has a list of kills, which I feel makes it Kilik's best symbol, as he can stall-out during the opponent's turn with his E, then Stun them out on his and win. However, using Pommel Astrid/Gut Drill Paul is simply far too good of a benefit then tapping out to discard attacks.

Furthermore, all a player has to do is enhance with a Robes/Drossel (and to a lesser extent, Keeper of the Watchers), and it's going to be quite hard/risky to use Kilik's E. Stun works in a similar fashion, and characters like King-Rashotep-JJ don't really care about him.

Keep in mind, Kilik is only as good as his grey area permits. If your deck runs everything at 3-5 speed a piece, he's going to have fits. My Evil Bryan Fury runs 4 Upper Claw and 4 Lion Slayer, he's dead meat to me =).

So...

He's stall-tastic, but once again, Kilik is only as good as his grey area permits. He's virtually an auto-lose to a lot of characters and archetypes.

Kilik's my bro in SV4, and I love him to death, and can definitely see some unfun times playing against him in the future.

But ****, I thought Rashotep was the best character in the format, and Steve Fox was going to cause fits.

Neither have lived up to my expectations...

So, he discards attacks that are still resolving? No block step, nothing?

I like the looks of him. Not super great symbols, but nice abilites. I forsee running him off of Chaos wth some of my Chaos-Character tech, just for fun. I could also see running him off of Water, using Yi Shan stuff and Lu Chen stuff to abuse his first ability (Pendant of the West + Kilik = yes please). Its a good thing that he does not share anything with Nina, or else it would get really dumb.

With the currently released stuff, hes a B tier. He gets graped in the face by any deck with Pommel Smash(all of them), or Paul, and things like King's support does not help his cause.

Talking tech real quick, I could see Kilik useing some of Zi Mei's support for an interesting 3rd Rite deck. Run Mei's SE rare, some Assassins for momentum gen, some Need to Destroys for the Demons (maybe Furies). Could be interesting. Gen momentum, then use it to search through the deck for the 3rd Rite setup. Add in some CC hacks on chaos to make the checks.

Oh, and Lunging Brush Fire is an All or Water Kilik's best friend. I am tempted to see if I can't make a decent All Kilik, just because some of the options there I have not tried out recently.

-Tinman

Ryken said:

So, he discards attacks that are still resolving? No block step, nothing?

Pretty much.

1) Did we need another character that completely neuters Yi Shan? I think not.

2) I like how they're using their website to communicate information and wish for more website utilization in the future.

3) There's an extension for people to sign up. I strongly suggest you do - the kit is ACTUALLY worth the 20$ this time around.

i have 2 words for kilik: C-C-C-Combo Breaker

..... 8 copies per kit and 1 per store only... that sucks when you have a large 20+ playerbase...

kiit said:

..... 8 copies per kit and 1 per store only... that sucks when you have a large 20+ playerbase...

I doubt everyone will want to play the guy though.

Finally a very sexy Kilik :)

I will definitly be running my boy no matter if he sucks or not. I would have to agree with Shinja All is probably best but I can see him being good with Chaos also. If only Chaos had some better punchs for Kazuya's Gloves :(

Please, please, please, errata him right now for his second ability to be "Only playable once per turn."

Here's why. Let's say you play 3 foundations a turn. If you get to Turn 5, how the hell do you kill him? You get one enhance, then he spends 3 foundations to send your attack to oblivion. 15 Foundations means you can throw 4 attacks and none of them are going to hit w/o speed boost or stun (assume speed of 4 on all those attacks for sake of example).

Seriously, he's a notch lower than Rare Cassie, but he's not far off, and that's a very dangerous place to go.

please please please lol i love it, its starting already, iama tell you all just like Steve told Scot at worlds....You havent even played him yet so give it a effin chance

Nyobari said:

Please, please, please, errata him right now for his second ability to be "Only playable once per turn."

Here's why. Let's say you play 3 foundations a turn. If you get to Turn 5, how the hell do you kill him? You get one enhance, then he spends 3 foundations to send your attack to oblivion. 15 Foundations means you can throw 4 attacks and none of them are going to hit w/o speed boost or stun (assume speed of 4 on all those attacks for sake of example).

Seriously, he's a notch lower than Rare Cassie, but he's not far off, and that's a very dangerous place to go.

Um its not quite the level of cassie. But i see where youre coming from.

@ J- dude... i know you have the whole fanboy ism with him... but i mean... sigh.

Awaken said:

please please please lol i love it, its starting already, iama tell you all just like Steve told Scot at worlds....You havent even played him yet so give it a effin chance

Hata to Scott

"Seriously, Scott, you don't know what the Hell you're talking about"

And Kazuya hasn't been a problem since release, from what I hear :)

Like I said, I imagined Rashotep and Steve Fox to be the top of the top, but I hearz they aren't doing as well as say Astrid, King, etc...

MarcoPulleaux said:

Like I said, I imagined Rashotep and Steve Fox to be the top of the top, but I hearz they aren't doing as well as say Astrid, King, etc...

Let's face it. The main reason is a 3/3 2H1 weapon with Stun:1, All, Fire and Order.

Except for Steve, who Paul also wrecks hardcore, but people aren't even caring for Paul as much as they just LOVE his support.

I'm gonna step on the side with the players who agree that Kilik is very very strong. It a gray-card character which I hate playing against.. guess I'll make good use of Rasotep when I do side him in.

As much as I don't have an issue with the card at all, nor do I think it's even close to being "broken", I will say that it's a card that does not coincide with the "less gray wars" mentality of the current block.

I'm already preparing an aggro, water Kilik.

I'm preparing an ALL deck, and I'm going to see what i the minimum number of attack I can get away with.

Just hoping a foundation that will make opponent mill come out next set. then you will probably see a 70 card mill Kilik

A dual symbol Kilik... Chaos foundations (FtM), All attacks (Hammer), POTM out... SSS!

But seriously though, Rashotep, JJ and Pommel Smash wreck this character hardcore, just like most if not all the meta. Kilik will be as exciting as Steve, which is to say after everyone and their mom packs answers to him, not so much.

Meh, I still like Steve because he basically sides into Paul to get around Pommels.

But I'm still thinking Kilik is best off All. Yeah, his F can be pretty boss with Atoning for the Past and some cute Water aggro, but boy, running anything off of Water right now just seems wrong.

EDIT: Interesting factoid, Water is the 2nd best symbol to use Robes of the Grandmaster, for every Water attack to date also has Life. Just some food for thought ;)