Iconic Card Titles

By Kiseki, in Legend of the Five Rings: The Card Game

Breach of ettiquette? :D

But I actually spelled "etiquette" right for once. Also the old art on Breach was so funny. You practically hear the guy knocking over the tea cups saying "D'oh!" I remember one time we for some reason ended up playing at Denny's really late one night and a guy knocked over his drink leading to a mad scramble to save cards for the wetness. After everything was cleaned up, I look over at the guy who knocked over glass and said, "Breach of Etiquette, Lose 5 Honor."

http://imperialassembly.com/oracle/#cardid=1128,#hashid=13494e661c48fa2d0b54306cdba90568,#cardcount=0

Wedge (Here's hoping they go the art that I always thought was gorgeous, too.)

hmm only one person mentioned Sneak Attack...

For me a few new and old that haven't been named yet

Fate

It was a Cat

For my Clan

Storms of War

The Great Silence

Crushing Attack

Dynasty

Toku !!

Evil Feeds Upon Itself

Emergence of the Tortoise

Inheritance

March of the Alliance

The Dead Walk the Earth

and Desperate Measures

Oh man, talk about memory lane. This is great. I was actually going through classic L5R card names / ideas for my new pet project. So many excellent additions. I'll surely be able to complete both decks with these, and a few of the charts too ... :ph34r:

From my own stash of stuff: Stand Against the Waves, Superior Tactics, Wedge, For the Empire!, Peasant Revolt, and Deeds, Not Words.

Marty Lund

Monkey Clan * Random * Grognard * Not Up To Anything Suspicious At All

Edited by mlund

Steel on Steel

All the clan related gold holdings come to my mind (Coper Mine, Gold Mine, Geisha House, Marketplace, and all the others). And when talking already about holdings then I have to think about Border Keep and Bamboo Harvesters ass well, or about the the legacy holdings of Seat of Power, Privat Traders, and Supply Smugglers.

I really hope the game will change to a different resources system, but somehow I would like to have cards with those holding names still in the game.

A friend of mine once did an entire deck under a certain theme. I forgot most of the cards by now but it was something along these lines... Can you guess the theme she picked?

Crane Stronghold (I forget which one was it)

Lots of Mantis Pirates

Lots of Crane Courtiers

Come One at a Time

Bend Like a Reed

From Every Side

Fall on Your Knees

To Do What We Must

Hiruma Dojo

Edited by Bayushi Karyudo

Come one at a time

Counterattack

Desperate Wager

Steel on Steel

Test of Might

Three Stone River

Torrential Rain

Touch of Death

Edit: Also REFUGEES!!!!

Edited by Asako Gonzo

Soem things which definded the game for me are the Dark and Bushido Virtues and exspecially some of the dark one cause they really show how samurai can choose to get tainted and what they are willing to sacrefice for the acomplisment of their duty.

At Any Cost

Black and White

Cast Aside the Weak

Determination

Insight

Paths of Honor & Glory

Knowledge

Perfect Sacrifice

Perfection

Revenge

Strength

Striking the Balance

It would be neat if we got The Deciding Moment back, since it was like, a pretty big deal, t-shirts and everything. Kind of lame how depending on your favorite Clan, you might've paid an arm, leg and firstborn child to acquire the appropriate version, only to learn that the game you got it for is retiring.

I never won with it, but all my decks during Emperor had a copy of "The Deciding Moment". Created so many dramatic (and usually futile) moments.

Anything can technically come back as a new card. It doesn't have to be game breaking and not-fun like before (or super fun, depending on which side of the table you were on). :P

One of my favorite cards ever is Game of Sincerity. So versatile, so sneaky. Anyone can feel like a courtier with this card!

That's a good one from a later set.

Game of Sincerity - you win, or you get naked!

:)

Anything can technically come back as a new card. It doesn't have to be game breaking and not-fun like before (or super fun, depending on which side of the table you were on). :P

One of my favorite cards ever is Game of Sincerity. So versatile, so sneaky. Anyone can feel like a courtier with this card!

That's a good one from a later set.

Game of Sincerity - you win, or you get naked!

I was actually the one who had that banner made. I'm glad its memory lives on! :)

Really? That's awesome! I couldn't look at the card after that without filling in the blanks.

Game of Sincerity with Game of Sadane were a few of my favorite cards within the same block.

These feel recent though =)

* guess I'm old >.>

Alhundro Cornejo

One of my favorite Gaijin cards

While starting my Victory Conditions thread, I had to think about enlightenmen victores and thus this card:

Walking the Way

Has anybody already mentioned that spell here?

Thinking about a few more Strategies that left an impression with me:

A Test of Courage

Assigning Blame
Besieged
Blackmailed Bride
Back to the Front
Double Chi
Encircled Terrain
Explosives
First and Final Strike
Gempukku
I Can Swim
Oath of Fealty
Palm Strike
Reinforce the Gates
The Egg of P'an Ku

Oni no pickle

His most papered

I remember using a few proxy cards back in the day when cards were hard to find, these 2 were a few of them =)

Some personal favorites

Counter Attack

Crushing Attack

Deadly Ground

Rallying Cry!

Sneak Attack

Strike at the Tail

Stand Against the Waves

or when I wanted to be more devious

Delicate Calculations

Diversionary Tactics

False Alliance

Hmm... Let's start with The City of Lies, eh? ;)
Just gonna ramble off a few that stand out to me for whatever reason, while trying to avoid anything too generic (Lightening the Load?) and anything waaay too obviously L5R/Asian-related (Kabuki Show?)

(Kiho tend to be amazing for this "challenge" btw)...

(The Individual original Bushido Virtues - Duty, Compassion, etc.)
(All of the "Style" cards from Stronger Than Steel)

A Matter of Honor

A Warrior's Courtesy

Aligned with the Elements

Assigning Blame

Banish All Shadows

Brand of Fire and Thunder

Death Poem

Echoes of Disgrace

Falling Leaf Strike

First and Final Strike

Flash of Steel

Focus