Agis IA painted minis ...

By Agis, in Imperial Assault Painting and Modification

General Weiss, the main villain of the IA starter box!

Imperial_Assault_General_Weiss_3.jpg

I added a communication array (OK just an antenna) on the right side of the walker, opened the cupola, scratched the mold lines as usual, sanded it, drilled holes in the barrels and finally painted the Generals prototype AT-ST. And since I wanted an even darker look, I used a dark German WW II grey and some weathering here and there, mostly Pigments from MIG and some edge rust and highlights. The red striping also helps to distinguish the walker on the tabletop.

Imperial_Assault_General_Weiss_1.jpg

More as always on my website: http://www.adpublishing.de/html/imperial_assault.html

I played a lot IA the last weeks.

And I even got the core 6 heroes finished.

Imperial_Assault_Rebel_Chars_1.jpg

I wanted a more or less coherent look for all 6, like a military squad. I also wanted to keep them close to the character cards.

Detailed shots of each char are on my website!

See: http://www.adpublishing.de/html/imperial_assault.html

Next are the Trandoshan hunters and the AT-ST.

Dang. Gideon looks crazy. Great work though.

Love your work :)

Imperial_Assault_General_Sorin_2.jpg

General Sorin the main villain of the Return to Hoth expansion!

A very nice miniature and a joy to paint.

General Sorin is the commander of an armored division of the Empire’s forces, and whether he takes the field in a campaign or a skirmish, he’ll quickly revolutionize the way you use your Droids and Vehicles.

As an officer, General Sorin truly enters his own when he leads a division of armor against enemy forces.

snip
Edited by Agis
I added the elite E-Web gunner to the painted Imperial Assault minis, after seeing the Rogue One trailer dark troopers and white dressed officers seems all the rage...

;) ;)

Imperial_Assault_Elite_Chiss_Group.jpg

My take on the elite red E-Web Trooper. Same treatment as above. The cyborg Chiss head is (IIRC) also from Anvil Industries.

easily my favorite model in your list of very well done figures

great job all around and i give you 3 thumbs up for this one

Your models def have a more WWII feel to them. Like it, different aspect of the game.

~D

Return to Hoth, the new expansion for Imperial Assault features four HK Assassin Droids!

Imperial_Assault_HK-51.jpg

Ever since KotoR I liked HK, to get him as a miniature was very nice!

I painted the initial 2 in the colours of HK-51 from SWtoR.

I also painted a nice little WotC bendy plastic power Droid just for the fun of it.

In addition I finished some more scenery for the game...

Imperial_Assault_Sentry_Guns.jpg

The two sentry guns (very good to be used in “Indebted” as the pulse cannons) are also from Sedition Wars scenery.

Imperial_Assault_Scenery.jpg

Return to Hoth, the new expansion for Imperial Assault features four HK Assassin Droids!
Imperial_Assault_HK-51.jpg
Ever since KotoR I liked HK, to get him as a miniature was very nice!
I painted the initial 2 in the colours of HK-51 from SWtoR.
I also painted a nice little WotC bendy plastic power Droid just for the fun of it.
In addition I finished some more scenery for the game...
Imperial_Assault_Sentry_Guns.jpg
The two sentry guns (very good to be used in “Indebted” as the pulse cannons) are also from Sedition Wars scenery.
Imperial_Assault_Scenery.jpg

GONK

General Weiss, the main villain of the IA starter box!

Imperial_Assault_General_Weiss_3.jpg

I added a communication array (OK just an antenna) on the right side of the walker, opened the cupola, scratched the mold lines as usual, sanded it, drilled holes in the barrels and finally painted the Generals prototype AT-ST. And since I wanted an even darker look, I used a dark German WW II grey and some weathering here and there, mostly Pigments from MIG and some edge rust and highlights. The red striping also helps to distinguish the walker on the tabletop.

Imperial_Assault_General_Weiss_1.jpg

More as always on my website: http://www.adpublishing.de/html/imperial_assault.html

This is the first time I see a different design for Weiss' AT-ST apart from mine , not to mention it's way better :) Good job!

That Crimson Champion looks amazing! And I love those computer console scenery items.

Imperial_Assault_Royal_Guard_Elite_1.jpg

Two more Royal Guards for Imperial Assault, we finished the 1st campaign yesterday.

The Rebel scum (my nephews) won against the orderly Empire (me).

Vader was defeated by a sneaky and equally furious volley of Maks Blaster...

It was great fun! And time to move forward to Twin Shadows!

Imperial_Assault_Saska_Teft_and_and_Biv_

I finished the two heroes of the Twin Shadows Expansion.

The mini shown for Biv the left is of course not the one provided with Twin Shadows. I foolishly gave the mini away and had to replace it with a suitable conversion.

(A rather sad story :-\, Sean Davis of South Ayrshire, Scotland approached me in December 2015 where to get SW minis, after some nice PMs we agreed that I send him some Imperial minis - including a rare Emperor mini - and he agreed to paint me the Biv mini. I sometimes like to have minis from other skilled painters for inspiration. After countless PMs, mails from my side he did not delivered the painted mini to me, I even asked him to send me just the mini back - nothing. No more replies from Sean since July 2016.

But as always - with something bad something good comes too. I will use my Gran Bounty Hunter conversion ( http://www.adpublishing.de/html/star_wars.html ), so the mini finally get some gametable time.) ;)

Kayn Somos Villain Pack

Kayn_Somos_1.jpg

Kayn Somos was an Imperial stormtrooper commander active during the height of the Galactic Civil War. He was particularly infamous for being ruthless in his tactics, as well as being particularly vicious and ruthless even by stormtrooper standards, let alone stormtrooper commander standards. He also headed the Stormtrooper training facility on Morvogodine, which often sent stormtroopers on "peacekeeping" missions as final tests, and much like its commander was rather notorious for being very vicious.

Kayn_Somos_scenic.jpg

Kayn Somos is a character that was introduced as the main villain for the Twin Shadows expansion of Star Wars: Imperial Assault.

Imperial_Assault_Saska_Teft_and_and_Biv_
I finished the two heroes of the Twin Shadows Expansion.
The mini shown for Biv the left is of course not the one provided with Twin Shadows. I foolishly gave the mini away and had to replace it with a suitable conversion.

that looks an awful lot like a Pan Oceania model converted into the star wars universe. I recognize it by the shoulder armor and the weapon

awesome conversion and fantastic work as usual

"that looks an awful lot like a Pan Oceania model converted into the star wars universe"

Exactly what it is!

;)

See: http://www.adpublishing.de/html/star_wars.html (scroll down a bit)

"The Rebel Alliance fights against unimaginable odds. The Empire holds countless star systems in its grasp, and it has the material to manufacture thousands of warships and weapons every day. For the Rebel Alliance to ever achieve victory, they need some way to combat this power. Thankfully, the Rebellion has some members with a special talent for explosive solutions who can ensure that a key factory suffers unaccountable setbacks or a prototype starship never reaches development... "

Imperial_Assault_Rebel_Saboteurs_1.jpg

As usual I could not resist to convert one of the two identical minis a bit. I added a human head and repositioned the blaster arm a bit, after that a slightly different paint job and the two look no more like twins.

The original head will be used in a future squad. A small peek below, Rebel Trooper in Scarif colours...

Imperial_Assault_Rebel_Saboteurs_2.jpg

I finished my Scarif themed Rebels. Since I really did not liked the look of the Rebels in Episode IV (I just do NOT like the Correllian vest look), I decided to convert some minis to make them look like tough Scarif troopers.
Imperial_Assault_Rebel_Trooper_Scarif_1.

LAM Scrap Droids and Ugnaught Tinkerer
Imperial_Assault_Ugnaught_1.jpg
The Tinkerer is right out of the Bespin box. Since he has the ability to create junk droids and I do not like simple markers I searched for suitable minis. Since I backed the Astropolis KS I am lucky to own some of the bots from this range, perfect fit IMO!

And as always more on my site: http://www.adpublishing.de/html/imperial_assault.html

Loku Kanoloa is a veteran sniper of the Mon Calamari special forces, a deadly marksman. Loku Kanoloa relies on clever battlefield reconnaissance to bring down his targets, placing recon tokens and gaining a host of benefits for attacking enemies with recon tokens.
He is often accompanied by the loyal medical droid, MHD-19. MHD-19 has been trained in thousands of medical procedures and will go to any lengths to protect his companions – even taking up arms against Imperial soldiers!
Imperial_Assault_Hoth_Heroes_1.jpg
MHD, Man Cal Navy Assistant, Loku
Both heroes are from the Return to Hoth expansion. After painting my Scarif troopers I decided to paint them in similar colours.
I also wanted the more muted Mon Cal skin look of Admiral Raddus.
350?cb=20170126070915

After looking up some pictures of him I also wanted a mini that looks like one of Raddus assistants - Caitken and Shollan.
264?cb=20161106013017
I used one of my age old WotC bendy Mon Cals and painted it accordingly. Mon Calamari who were not the same skin tone as the beloved Admiral Ackbar. Ackbar comes from a more tropical region of his planet, the new Rogue One characters are from a polar region. I just love the small background stories and infos they created for even the smallest detail of Rogue One!

more as always on my site: http://www.adpublishing.de/html/imperial_assault.html

Beautiful work Agis!

Hera and Chopper Ally Pack

I liked Clone Wars and I like Rebels, you can imagine that I was happy when FFG announced the Hera and Chopper pack! I would love to a dedicated “Rebels” campaign for Imperial Assault.

“Hera Syndulla was a Twi'lek female revolutionary who became a central figure in the early rebellion against the Galactic Empire and the formation of the Alliance to Restore the Republic. Born the daughter of General Cham Syndulla on Ryloth, she saw firsthand the devastation of the Clone Wars and the reign of the Empire on her homeworld. Syndulla became an expert pilot and left her homeworld and her father's planetary resistance behind, setting off across the galaxy to build her own resistance movement against the Empire aboard her starship, the Ghost. Kanan Jarrus, a Jedi who survived Order 66, joined her during the Gorse conflict. Her crew, which mounted an insurgency on Lothal, eventually was comprised of Mandalorian warrior Sabine Wren, Lasat survivor Garazeb Orrelios, Syndulla's life-long astromech droid Chopper, and Padawan Ezra Bridger.
Imperial_Assault_Hera_Syndulla_and_C1-10
The rebellion Syndulla led on Lothal attracted the attention of such Imperial leaders as Grand Moff Wilhuff Tarkin and the Sith Lord Darth Vader, but it also gained notice by Senator Bail Organa and his efforts to coordinate activities between various rebel cells in the galaxy. One of those cells was Phoenix Squadron, which Syndulla and her crew joined in 4 BBY. Syndulla herself became Phoenix Leader, leading various starfighter operations for the cell. In 2 BBY, the cell became one of the first to join the Rebel Alliance upon its formation. Their forces were devastated by Grand Admiral Thrawn during the battle of Atollon, and Syndulla helped the Rebel Alliance rebuild at their headquarters on Yavin 4. Syndulla was promoted to the rank of General and became a member of Alliance High Command. She continued to serve the Rebel Alliance during the Galactic Civil War and was present on Endor following the Alliance's triumph over the Empire and the death of Emperor Palpatine.” from starwars.wikia.com

“C1-10P, commonly known as "Chopper," was a C1-series astromech droid with masculine programming who was active during the Clone Wars and the early years of the Galactic Empire. He was a member of the Spectres, a rebel cell led by the Twi'lek captain Hera Syndulla and the Jedi Kanan Jarrus that fought against the Empire. He was responsible for maintaining the Ghost, a modified VCX-100 light freighter which served as the rebel cell's main base of operations. During his time with the crew of the Ghost, Chopper took part in numerous raids and missions against Imperial targets.
Due to his old age and lack of regular maintenance, Chopper developed an argumentative, cantankerous, and mischievous personality. Despite these personality flaws, he was a loyal member of his rebel crew. Later, Chopper and his fellow rebels joined the Phoenix Squadron, which was part of the rebellion. In 3 BBY, he befriended the Imperial RA-7 protocol droid AP-5. Together, the two played an important role in helping the Phoenix rebels discover a new base on the planet Atollon, which was named Chopper Base in Chopper's honor.” from starwars.wikia.com

more pics as always on my site: http://www.adpublishing.de/html/imperial_assault.html

Hey Agis - I didn't realize you are active in this forum as well with regards to painting Imperial Assault minis, not just on Beasts of War. So, nice to meet you here as well!

As for your work so far: Very lovely, very beautiful. I also love your conversions - they add a lot of character and variety to the look of the game. Oh, and now I need to get myself some scenery for Imperial Assault, too. ^_^

The surprise is mutual! ;)

(In a good way)

So are you using decals for the imperial symbols?