Painted miniatures and other bling

By bulldoguk, in Imperial Assault Painting and Modification

Oh...it's an oil bath!.....of course! Might be a nice in game mechanic to repair droids that one...although I'm guessing it may still drop into the trash compactor in some of my games :P

Sonofa!

I just ordered the other 3 sets last week! I'll wait until the Hoth expansion bits to order those new ones. Dang Royal Mail still holding a grudge for that whole revolution thing...

The Space Rocks guys actually have pretty reasonable shipping to the U.S., they might have a few ideas that could help you out. Probably comes down to volume I imagine

I only just got my sets yesterday and now you're already well on the way to having the next set done! :P

Wow... beautiful stuff. :-)

Oh my, how can I overlook this treasure of goodness!

:)

Absolutely stunning job, I ordered 2 sets immediately! Thanks.

My bits showed up today. Really great job on the packing.

I have so much s*** to paint

Thanks guys, really enjoying myself both creating the scenery and playing the campaign!

Side mission this week, the droid one (sorry can't remember the name) typically they pick a side mission that I haven't painted some scenery for yet! Got my own back on them however, could have ended it in round two but you know, it's all about the playing with me so that 3rd trooper who had his blaster pointed at 3PO's noggin with only 2 wounds left was suddenly distracted by R2 wolf whistling him and changed targets ;) End of the day they managed to just complete the mission by a gnats whisker, no more Mr nice guy from now on though!

And they're off!

20150915_200853_zpsbvusonvk.jpg

Things didn't get off to a good start for the Rebels and it soon went pear shaped!

20150915_204509_zpsbchzmhlb.jpg

One more turn and it would have been a blood bath!

20150915_215134_zpspjonlbcf.jpg

and in other news.....

Twin shadows scenery set done. possibly drop the little 'tunnels' from this set and include them in another set as I intend to make up a few sundries that appear in the other missions such as pulse cannons, barricades, power stations, etc. Would mean we could then keep this set the same price as the rocky and desert sets   I will get some painted samples done hopefully next week!

S8003021_zpsdsiheiev.jpg

S8003025_zpsngadmnmr.jpg

S8003023_zpsxtz48ced.jpg

S8003028_zpsz1bmrymf.jpg

S8003029_zpskqobhixf.jpg

Your killing me, that cantina is amazing. I want one!

I love those Royal Guards!

most impressive

Imperial Assault - from bad to worse

Continuing the story of the most inept band of heroes in a galaxy far, far away.

Tonight they had to investigate a research facility and came face to face with the grinning Cheshire cats, Nexu... They started by dealing with the probe droids who were lurking round the facility, putting a couple of wounds on them but not knocking them down. Even brave little R2 electro-stunned one of them. Then the first of those evil cats turned up and promptly thought R2 was a tin of cat food and ripped his head off!! R2 was down and they were in shock about how good these vicious little furballs were.

It was a big board so they decided to split up to go to each room with Garkhan leading the charge off on his own. The Jedi and Commander smashed there way into the first room and tried to retrieve the information from the terminal but were ambushed by another big cat. They ran for it but not before it chased them and severely wounded the Jedi. Garkhan faired no better after bashing on the door to the second room it alerted the presence of two heavy weapon troopers who open fire time after time as he tried to open the door. Shrugging of his wounds he smashed open the door and came face to face with another Nexu curled up around the terminal. Two heavy troopers to the back and a Nexu to the front was never going to end well.

Goat boy and the trooper headed down the final path and after using a grenade to clear out a nest of Stormtroopers reached the door. As they tried to open it more Stormtroopers arrived followed by a heavily modified AT-St of General Weiss who unleashed a barrage of ordinance at the heroes.

Surrounded and out gunned our heroes made a rapid exit vowing to bring the cat-nip next time!

A victory for the Empire!

It began looking all so pretty and peaceful

A%20new%20threat%202%20-%20Copy_zpsysdwt

And then the Nexu S*&t his the fan!

A%20new%20threat%203_zpsbljflmfy.jpg

A%20new%20threat%204_zps2nhkfjqd.jpg

A%20new%20threat%205_zpskkl5odv0.jpg

I also managed to find some time to paint up some examples of the Twin Sun set, looking forward to some pub brawls!

TS%20Assault%20set%201_zps3zvatayu.jpg

TS%20Assault%20set%202_zpsz4mbaweg.jpg

TS%20Assault%20set%203_zpscg4tehwm.jpg

All fits nicely into my KR case along with the miniatures

TS%20Assault%20set%204_zpscnkd4bqx.jpg

Actually, while I am here, how do people play the nexu's 'pounce' ability? I know only heroes (unless it states otherwise like assault) can attack twice but do you consider the pounce ability to offer a 'free' attack? ie, can you pounce/attack then use your second action to attack again or is it meant to be used for instance to move then gain that extra distance and attack with the pounce ability? hmmmm, now I have just explained it to myself that actually all becomes clear!

Actually, while I am here, how do people play the nexu's 'pounce' ability? I know only heroes (unless it states otherwise like assault) can attack twice but do you consider the pounce ability to offer a 'free' attack? ie, can you pounce/attack then use your second action to attack again or is it meant to be used for instance to move then gain that extra distance and attack with the pounce ability? hmmmm, now I have just explained it to myself that actually all becomes clear!

The Imperial player cannot attack twice like the Rebel players can. On the Rules Reference Guide page 6 it even says that particular ability at the top:

"Unlike heroes, a figure that has a Deployment card can use only one of its actions to attack per activation.

This includes using special actions that involve performing one or more attacks (such as the Nexu’s “Pounce” or Darth Vader’s “Brutality”)."

Love your work, bulldoguk! That looks fantastic!

Great story. That one rarely ends well for the Rebel Scum.

Incredible models Bulldog. The terrain pieces are very impressive. Great work!

Do you have any idea when the Twin Suns set will be available on your site? I'm looking to get all the sets, but since I will be shipping to the US, I'd rather make one order to only have to pay the shipping once.

Hi Asteron, I will be away all next week but I am pretty sure we will put them up for pre-order (allows me to make a few for stock) soon as I am back from the 17th..ooh ooh on a slightly different note my new light sabre from Ultrasabers should be here by then too.....new toys!

I have managed to put together a smaller complimentary set in the meantime that will consist of barricades, the tunnels and raised platforms, After the latest game on Tuesday I realised that, if your gaming sessions are like ours, we rarely stay focused on the matter in hand and it can end up like trying to herd bloody cats sometimes to get things back in line, this and the issue of a board beginning to fill with heroes and bad guys can make spotting those dotted red lines a real pain in the A-hole. Hence the raised platforms, they are based on the spaces from the board and I have made them in such a way that you can effectively also build your own little raised sections of various shapes for open plan skirmish play. Simple use, the rocky edges are the no entry sides...easy! Not sure on contents yet but the set will probably include multiples of the tunnels, barricades and platforms so there should be plenty for all set scenarios and your own evil and nefarious plans!

barricades%20amp%20boltholes%201_zpsa2ei

barricades%20amp%20boltholes%202_zpsq9e6

I will crack on with fixing down the sets and painting up some samples of the new stuff soon as I am back :)

Anyhow, onto more important things, more smacking around of those pesky Rebel Scum!

Episode IV: There's no hope

Last night in a front room far, far away, our heroes were joined by the blue headed Rogue Trooper wannabe saboteur's to put the smack down on Lord Vader's personal shuttle. To all our surprise, they started well, moving like a well oiled machine through the stinking trash compactor to face the Stormtroopers waiting for them outside the shuttle bay. Unfortunately it was an Imperial trick (thorough tactical planning more like), as soon as they rounded the corner they came face to face with a pair of Royal Guard and an E-web engineer. Ghaarkhan doing what he does best, smashed in to them like a big furry cannon ball cleaving left and right. They returned fire but the Royal Guard moved up and blocked the passage way stopping the Rebel progress. As they tried to fight thier way past them the Jedi faced off against a Royal Guard in one to one combat eventually beating him to death with his stick. The trooper bravely pushed through to take out the e-web and was severely wounded in the return fire but eventually they broke through and ran for the hanger door. As they gathered near the door about to break in it all went quiet with only a familiar imperial march tune playing in the background. Ghaarkhan kicked the door off its hinges and spotted a couple of Trandoshans in the corner, unsurprised the bounty hunters ran through the door and let loose at short range killing one bomb boy and injuring the other. Everybody let loose at the lizard skinned killers and dropped one to the floor. Spotting his opening the Saboteur ran in and dropped the satchel charge on the shuttle scratching the paint work on the shuttle. From the cockpit Lord Vader gave them the finger and took off leaving them in an empty hanger. They had missed thier chance...again

Defeat: Imperial victory

P.S Looking at Vader's card afterwards It's a shame think I missed my chance of getting him deployed (using a previously purchased agenda card) and cutting them to ribbons, he never got in to play, I was 1 point and lacking 1 turn, **** my decision to heal that trooper early on....guess I am just the caring tyrant type! I also forgot to bring the Xwing Shuttle to sit on the spot...double DOH!

20150929_195322_zpsv4fvvfu0.jpg

20150929_203406_zpsgmygjzda.jpg

20150929_210733_zpskjs7tsie.jpg

5_zpstdxjmsds.jpg

Painted up these 'boltholes & Barricades' looking forward to using them in the ongoing campaign, just bagged the latest 3 sets of miniature expansions too so will crack on with painting them ASAP. Cantina and Barricades set should be available for pre-order from the website at the end of this month...roll on the Hoth expansion!

Small break from the campaign reports while 2 of our players are on shift work, they better be quick or their avatars become unpaid cannon fodder controlled by the other players!

Barricades%20amp%20Bolt%20holes%201_zpsa

Boltholesampbarricades%201_zps20rbz20t.j

Cantina%20set%201_zpsv4ilwr3a.jpg

Cantina%20set%202_zpscvg3e9kp.jpg

Raised platform examples

Boltholesampbarricades%202_zpsvtjjjqwb.j

Boltholesampbarricades%204_zpsq7fxnuna.j

Boltholesampbarricades%203_zpshwlediut.j

Much easier than trying to spot those pesky little dotted lines in the heat of battle!

wieviel costas?

It really looks like the added terrain enhances the play experience. Awesome!

Have a few repaint commissions I have been working on recently to share. Hope you enjoy.

DSC_0923_zpsnqktjhgd.jpg

DSC_0921_zpsbbv3gi06.jpg

DSC_0950_zpskeyeeqiv.jpg

DSC_0953_zps2okcv6um.jpg

DSC_0927_zpswzgzf0cg.jpg

DSC_0932_zpsoah9yovn.jpg

DSC_0948_zps7edjohur.jpg

More of my work can always be seen here.

https://www.facebook.com/ThePaintingLegion

Well, that's the IA Return to Hoth stuff painted, roll on the next expansions! Oh the renegades and alternative stormtrooper models from a while back too, I forgot I had done those! Also some WIP on the hoth scenery set :)

apologies for the crappy pictures, about time I started looking for a new camera a guess, this old boy is about 12 years old!

hoth%201_zpszyhgk3cq.jpg

hoth%202_zpsf94enyez.jpg

hoth%203_zpsnzljf7aq.jpg

S8003219_zpsc2itgaim.jpg

ice%20WIP_zps2fwh0fsc.jpg

legionthree....best sandfolks that I have seen yet!....great work!!

Incredible job! A friend and I are thinking of buying everything here, but we'd like to ship it all together, since we're in the US. What is the ETA on when the Hoth scenery pack will be available to buy?

Your stormtroopers are fantastic. Would you be able to give a brief overview of your method? Presumably base in white, do the black and then...? Are you doing a wash or hand highlighting?

Your scenery is awesome too.

Best sandpeople ever.