BRING BACK THE PAINTING FORUM FFG ! ! ! ! ! ! !

By Barry Harker, in X-Wing

Maybe they don't need to call it a "painting forum" but could just have it be "game visuals." How a ship is painted changes nothing about how it is played so giving the look its own forum seems like it could work.

I #52 this post!

I'm not bothered if it exists or not, but I'd like to know why it was removed.

Uhmwut. Why would they take that part of the forum away?

FFG have got back to me

It was a short reply.

But basically.. .

Due to an Internal concern for the misuse of the Painting Forum.

They were removed.

And they will not be reinstated.

But

Maybe able to re-examine the issue in the future.

Well, I think I can guess what the problem was.

Unauthorised products

.....certain rapid prototyping items for instance.

It's not a definite clear cut answer.

But they did get back with a reason....of sorts.

So thanks FFG.

Shame.

Missing the Painting Forum a lot now.

And really Fed up with trawling through all of the Crap on the main Forum.

So.

I'm off.

Take care guys.

Glad to of met those of you on here with great creative passion

Goodbye

And all the best

Barry.

Edited by Barry Harker

It would be easier for FFG to police if it was all in the same sub-forum.

Additionally, if FFG made a few ground rules for a painting sub-forum, it would even allow us to self-monitor posted content more effectively than the current state where we aren't sure why the sub-forum was taken away.

Edited by stackeffect

FFG have got back to me

It was a short reply.

But basically.. .

Due to an Internal concern for the misuse of the Painting Forum.

They were removed.

And they will not be reinstated.

But

Maybe able to re-examine the issue in the future.

Well, I think I can guess what the problem was.

Unauthorised products

.....certain rapid prototyping items for instance.

It's not a definite clear cut answer.

But they did get back with a reason....of sorts.

So thanks FFG.

Shame.

Missing the Painting Forum a lot now.

And really Fed up with trawling through all of the Crap on the main Forum.

So.

I'm off.

Take care guys.

Glad to of met those of you on here with great creative passion

Goodbye

And all the best

Barry.

Like I said, lawyers gonna lawyer

Just a Bump to keep this on the front page, we all want the Paint Forum back.

For what it's worth, Imperial Assault appears to have lost their painting sub-forum as well.

EDIT: I just had a thought. Why not just start posting all the repaints in the Off-Topic sub-forum? That one probably gets the least traffic and the painting threads will be visible for longer.

Edited by Budgernaut

For what it's worth, Imperial Assault appears to have lost their painting sub-forum as well.

EDIT: I just had a thought. Why not just start posting all the repaints in the Off-Topic sub-forum? That one probably gets the least traffic and the painting threads will be visible for longer.

I originally thought about something like that, but we'd need someway to direct people there from the main forum for it to work

I originally thought about something like that, but we'd need someway to direct people there from the main forum for it to work

Good point. Could we put it in MJ's list of useful links?

All three Star Wars miniatures games lost their painting sub-forums. It was a sad day

BRING IT BACK

Seriously guys, if they could they would. Why would they go through the effort of getting rid of it if they didn't have to?

It just seems like if legal was making them remove it for something like a licensing issue, then they would have deleted the threads, but as far as I can tell they didn't. They also don't seem to be preventing any of the discussions that were being had in the sub forum from happening (people still seem to be able to talk freely about 3d printed custom minis and scratchbuilds). It seems there is some legal issue preventing them from even discussing the removal of the subforum, but it would have been more logical for them to pin a rule thread prohibiting the activity that was causing issues than to secretly dump the subforum into the main forums then refuse any sort of explanation other than "an internal conflict".

I feel like most of the issue just comes down to this being done in a fairly secretive manner with no warning or even attempt at an explanation. On the whole the painting forums certainly seemed to be the ones with the most positive replies and discussion. The whole situation is just odd.

Paint People....

Make a website of your own dedicated to Star Wars or Miniatures repaints.

Then you can have it linked it MJs helpful links section. And you would avoid this kind of BS. If you have enough energy to come on here with this much anger then create your own site with that energy. Would be great, I would be a fan. Thanks.

It's been some time now since we lost the Painting Forum.

I'm Wondering if its Worth asking FFG directly again, to see if they have plans to bring it back in some form.

shame we lost it.

" I did ask FFG as to why they canceled the forum "

I cant write word for word what they said, but basically,

Certain unlicensed products and company's producing 3D printed copy's of unreleased items.

If they were to bring it back in some form.

I think it would be good to manage it better in some way, with just repaints,custom builds and scratch builds.

and not have unlicensed products in the forum.

Bring back the fun and inspiring builds and re-paints that we all use to enjoy viewing.

Something more Positive on the forums as well :D

That makes sense. Its sad, but I can understand it.

Going to keep pestering until someone

At Head office gets fed and thinks......

Oh give them there bloody paint forum back !

Seriously guys, if they could they would. Why would they go through the effort of getting rid of it if they didn't have to?

It just seems like if legal was making them remove it for something like a licensing issue, then they would have deleted the threads, but as far as I can tell they didn't. They also don't seem to be preventing any of the discussions that were being had in the sub forum from happening (people still seem to be able to talk freely about 3d printed custom minis and scratchbuilds). It seems there is some legal issue preventing them from even discussing the removal of the subforum, but it would have been more logical for them to pin a rule thread prohibiting the activity that was causing issues than to secretly dump the subforum into the main forums then refuse any sort of explanation other than "an internal conflict".

I feel like most of the issue just comes down to this being done in a fairly secretive manner with no warning or even attempt at an explanation. On the whole the painting forums certainly seemed to be the ones with the most positive replies and discussion. The whole situation is just odd.

There is a very wide difference between allowing thread and having an area directly for such a thing. There are a couple of reasons why I can see them doing it. Sort of like with the TFA stuff. Normally, FFG doesn't give a fig about early spoilers. But, with the TFA stuff, FFG was forced to act on it by LFL.

Everything points to it being too much effort for it to be worth it for FFG.

It's been some time now since we lost the Painting Forum.

I'm Wondering if its Worth asking FFG directly again, to see if they have plans to bring it back in some form.

shame we lost it.

" I did ask FFG as to why they canceled the forum "

I cant write word for word what they said, but basically,

Certain unlicensed products and company's producing 3D printed copy's of unreleased items.

If they were to bring it back in some form.

I think it would be good to manage it better in some way, with just repaints,custom builds and scratch builds.

and not have unlicensed products in the forum.

Bring back the fun and inspiring builds and re-paints that we all use to enjoy viewing.

Something more Positive on the forums as well :D

Check it Gang.

Our boy Gadge.

:)

FFG FIX PLS !!!!1111oneoneone