Journey Through Blackfire Pass Run Time

By JPierson, in WFRP Gamemasters

Hey all. So, I am thinking about running Journey Through Blackfire Pass for an upcoming con and I wanted to get some feedback on what an "average" running time it takes to get through it with 4 players. I have run it once before with 2 players and after 4 hours, we still weren't done. Granted, I had to teach them from the ground up how to play WFRP, but it still took a while. Any feedback would be great before I sign up to run this thing!

For me it took 3 sessions (3,5h each) with 4 players completely new to WFRP (but not new to RPG)

Ouch! Well, hopefully I can get a group nearly halfway in a 5 hour session at the con then and give them a taste of the awesome system! Thank you!

Mine died at the orc duel. It took about 5 hours.

When I played through it we did it in about 8 hours total I think (two sessions). But I did not run it at a con, and I think that there are parts of the adventrure that I as a GM probably could have sped up.

Oh! Insight please! I've only ran it once so if there are sections that you can recommend to speed up or leave out, please let me know

3 sessions..and work to run it fast. :)

jh