sjTiREnl.jpg

Snv4tSYl.jpg

Horton Salm and Gold Squadron Y-Wings

74aOyAMl.jpg

Edited by stackeffect

Z-95 N'dru Suhlak

I couldn't resist.

bq3W9pNl.jpg

Nice job on N'dru. I know how hard that is to get right. It impresses me when people try to do it even though it doesn't come out.. well, lets say...um... as good as desired. Some look really bad. :unsure: But props to them for trying!

Nice job on N'dru. I know how hard that is to get right. It impresses me when people try to do it even though it doesn't come out.. well, lets say...um... as good as desired. Some look really bad. :unsure: But props to them for trying!

Thanks! I agree, it's a tough paint job to get right.

I almost want to do it a second time on another ship, just to apply the lessons I learned in process. (I won't)

The laser cannons and torpedo mounts seemed like they needed more detail:

fioX8vAl.jpg

Edited by stackeffect

N'Dru looks great! We'll it all looks great, nicely done!

My TIE Phantoms were long overdue for some attention. Attempt 1 - WIP:

q4yZFGIl.jpg

Probably the best Phantom cloak effect I've seen!

Z-95 N'dru Suhlak

I couldn't resist. bq3W9pNl.jpg

Very nice job mate.

Did you free hand the teeth and eyes or are they water slide transfers??

Freehand. I started with the eyes since they were smallest. The mouth and teeth I painted white first, then filled in the middle with dark. Macross has a good tutorial if you're thinking about attempting N'dru yourself.

Edited by stackeffect

Kihraxz almost complete. Just a few touch-ups remaining.

deMuvMUl.jpg

I'll post more photos when everything is finished.

TIE Defender. Needs a little more contrast on the cockpit, but almost there.

Inspired by TIE/D.

3I2cGRFl.jpg

I never noticed before I painted this Defender, but at least two of the cannon tips were not intact. This model has only received light use to date, so I'm assuming they were never there. Seems odd considering the high quality of FFG miniatures.

Is that standard on all Defenders, or am I the only one missing them?

Edited by stackeffect

Houndstooth that has been a Work in Progress for far too long.

Panel blends take forever to get right. It'll be awhile before this one is finalized, but I figured it was time to share.

Lighting is a bit harsh, but I'm really enjoying where this is going. A little weathering steel never hurt anybody, did it? Maybe with 180 degree firing arc...

CES6r7ah.jpg

Edited by stackeffect

That Hounds Tooth job ... amazing.

Drawing some of the small details forward. Wings still need at least one more wash for blending:

5cKuTJVl.jpg

Edited by stackeffect

It takes proper dedication to go in and paint all those little details rather than just drybrushing/washing. Props.

It takes proper dedication to go in and paint all those little details rather than just drybrushing/washing. Props.

Thank you.

The detail on the back of the Houndstooth was begging for some tiny brushwork. So far, that area has been my favorite part of the process on this ship.

PSA:

If you ask really nicely, the mods might move your old painting thread back into the Painting and Modification sub forum.

Thanks again for returning our subforum, FFG!