Super Street Fighter IV announced!

By Smazzurco, in UFS Off Topic

T.Hawk and Dee jay confirmed.

Makoto, ibuki, and Dudley from SF3 are back.

And alpha Cody, Guy and Adon have been announced.

Sounds like i see the next SF license FFG needs to procur...

Smazzurco said:

T.Hawk and Dee jay confirmed.

Makoto, ibuki, and Dudley from SF3 are back.

And alpha Cody, Guy and Adon have been announced.

Sounds like i see the next SF license FFG needs to procur...

wat

T.Hawk and Dee Jay are confirmed alongside a new character named Juri.

The rest is just lolspeculation.

"Capcom has finally confirmed the widely rumored followup to the smash hit Street Fighter IV. Borrowing the SUPER title from the 90’s (and same exact logo), super implies bigger, badder, and beastlier. This sequel is shaping up to be one of the most anticipated fighting game sequels in 10 years.

Information is pouring out of Japan, just after the TGS show has ended. An interview with Ono, has revealed some juicy details about the game, including some of the new cast. T. Hawk, and Dee Jay are included, as well as a new Korean Tae Kwon Do martial arts expert named Juri, who is rumored to be one of Seth’s henchmen.

Last week, several websites had reported some rumors regarding the rest of the cast, and had the name of the new character before it was released yesterday.

Some of the information was listed as two new characters, Juri, and Hakan (Hakan being a Arab grappler associated with lots and lots of oils), and EIGHT returning cast members from other Street Fighter games. Dudley, Ibuki, and Makoto from the Street Fighter III series. From the Street Fighter Alpha series, we have Cody, Adon, and Guy, and from the Super Turbo series, we have T. Hawk and Dee Jay. We will have to wait and see what Capcom reveals to see if any of these rumors turn out to be true.

Expect massive changes in all the old returning cast as well. Improvements and overall gameplay will be fine tuned to make this the best Street Fighter to date.

Coming to XBOX 360 and Playstation 3 in Spring 2010! Get Hype!!"

Sort of strange how they said it...but yeah i guess its not confirmed, but i wouldnt be surprised.

If T.hawk and DeeJay make it back...it almost makes fei an auto include. Cammy is in enough games where i could see here not being there...but she is sort of part of the "super" franchise.

Smazzurco said:

If T.hawk and DeeJay make it back...it almost makes fei an auto include. Cammy is in enough games where i could see here not being there...but she is sort of part of the "super" franchise.

Fei Long and Cammy were in the console versions.

What needs to be done:

-Make beginning and ending animation sequences that matter (not just 10 seconds of uselessness that gives a semi-sense of a character's motivation for entering the tournament).
-Change the super bar from 4 to 3. At 4, only very, very few characters utilize their super, as EX moves are so vital.

Individual character complaints:

-All new characters, ESPECIALLY T HAWK AND DEE JAY, need to be good.
-Sagat needs to have his reach shrunk, Tiger Shot speeds reduces, and less vitality. He's broken tier in almost every game he's in for a reason.
-Akuma's ultra should have damage reduced
-All shotos need slower Hadokens. Spam is too common.
-Zangief (and inevitably, T Hawk) needs actual start-up animation on his throws. Nothing slow like in Marvel or nothing, but an actual visible start-up animation, not just 360 punch OMFG YOU THOUGHT YOU WEREN'T GONNA BE THROW'D? DUMB ASS!
-Guile's Flash Kick needs to be anti air again.
-E Honda's EX Headbutt needs to go through projectiles.
-Ken's Ultra needs more opportunities to combo. Ken sucks for a major reason: his ultra barely exists.
-Abel's Falling Sky needs a MUCH bigger hitbox. It SHOULD be an anti-air throw, not a crouching fierce punch combo only!
-If Rose's Soul Throw doesn't already have invincibility frames/super armor, they need them so it fulfills its duty as an anti-air throw.

That about sums it up. Looking forward to it, and any potential returns of characters.

Also, why is EVERY Korean a Tae Kwon Do fighter? (Kim, Chae Lim, Hwoarang, Bae doo San, Juri) Korea DOES have PLENTY more non-Tae Kwon Do martial arts =/.

MarcoPulleaux said:

Also, why is EVERY Korean a Tae Kwon Do fighter? (Kim, Chae Lim, Hwoarang, Bae doo San, Juri) Korea DOES have PLENTY more non-Tae Kwon Do martial arts =/.

Like what? Hapkido? Which is pretty much TKD + throws?

More interested in the rumored arabian grappler myself. Hopefully he won't be Darun Mister redux.

Juri's ultra is straight up awesome.

MarcoPulleaux said:

Speaking of Juri, she's a twistly little thing. We already knew about that due to bio info that got leaked (She works for SIN, and her likes include spiders and big boobs), but those ultras of hers. :D If they ever make a new Capcom vs. SNK, Kim's gonna be PISSED.

I'm looking forward to this.

eh t hawk and deejay are like the worst street fighter characters ever.... and wheres R.MIKA!!!

T.Hawk is amazing...annoying...but a (good) T.Hawk can be incredibly difficult to beat. Especially in SSF2THDR....

Luthon said:

eh t hawk and deejay are like the worst street fighter characters ever.... and wheres R.MIKA!!!

T. hawk and dee jay are the worst but you are wanting mika, arguably the worst character in the ONE game shes been in?

I approve.

dshaffer said:

If they ever make a new Capcom vs. SNK, Kim's gonna be PISSED.

They DO both like girls. :D

ShippuJinrai said:

Luthon said:

T. hawk and dee jay are the worst but you are wanting mika, arguably the worst character in the ONE game shes been in?

I approve.

Where's R. Mika?

In the discount bin of characters nobody cares about.

R. MIKA IS ******* AWESOME I WON'T STAND TO HEAR ANOTHER WORD FROM ANY OF YOU ABOUT HOW AWESOME SHE MAY OR MAY NOT BE SHE IS ADORABLE AND CAN BEAT THE LIVING **** OUT OF ANYONE I SWEAR TO GOD MOTHERFUCKERS YOU BETTER NOT SHOW UP AT GENCON AND CANADIANS PRAY THAT I DO NOT GO TO CANADAIAN NATIONALS THIS YEAR

TripsEX said:

R. MIKA IS ******* AWESOME I WON'T STAND TO HEAR ANOTHER WORD FROM ANY OF YOU ABOUT HOW AWESOME SHE MAY OR MAY NOT BE SHE IS ADORABLE AND CAN BEAT THE LIVING **** OUT OF ANYONE I SWEAR TO GOD MOTHERFUCKERS YOU BETTER NOT SHOW UP AT GENCON AND CANADIANS PRAY THAT I DO NOT GO TO CANADAIAN NATIONALS THIS YEAR

QFT

Sad that Capcom is not sticking with their own storylines. Adon died at the end of Alpha...

Wait do my eyes decive me, if you look at the Ultra meters you see that one says Combo 1 and the other says Combo 2. Dose this forecast the feature of selectable ultra combos?

TripsEX said:

Huge **** does not equal ado ra ble .

Besides. Gencon? Moi? You must have me confused with someone else.

Wait do my eyes decive me, if you look at the Ultra meters you see that one says Combo 1 and the other says Combo 2. Dose this forecast the feature of selectable ultra combos?

There's a hint in the official trailer, as Juri has two different starts for her Ultra, hinting at a possible Ultra combo selection.

Sad that Capcom is not sticking with their own storylines. Adon died at the end of Alpha...

Adon is not in at the moment. It's only rumors and speculation. Only Dee Jay, Juri and T.Hawk are confirmed.

Ender Dragon said:

If that is true then putting Ibuki in the games would also cornhole their own story again. For those of you who havn't played SF3, Ibuki enters the tourny only for her ninja shcool finals. By my counts Ibuki is just into ninja junior high, not needing to enter this tournement so stay out

Ren, I know you weren't at GenCon, though I wish you were. <3

TripsEX said:

Ren, I know you weren't at GenCon, though I wish you were. <3

this isn't ren.

Just goes to show how much I really care about you Canadians. (Excluding those who I stayed with at GenCon, and those I met at Nationals.)

TripsEX said:

Just goes to show how much I really care about you Canadians. (Excluding those who I stayed with at GenCon, and those I met at Nationals.)

You care about Ren. ;p

You care so much it hurts.

No new news on SSFIV.