Anyone found the beginner box in stores yet?

By daddystabz, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

I got my preorder from Miniature Market in the mail yesterday. It looks sweet, but I have t had a chance to look at it in depth yet....

I saw a few copies on the shelf yesterday during lunch at one of my local game stores, Black Diamond Games in Concord , Ca.

I did treat myself to a copy. :)

Has anyone found this in store anywhere around the Seattle area? I will be visiting there this weekend and hope to pick up a copy if I can find one. I called a few stores I could find online but none of them seemed quite sure what I was talking about even, except one who then said they hadn't gotten any yet.

You'd be in luck - I just picked up the box and the Desperte Allies book at Card Kingdom in Ballard. And they had a bunch left over, too. They're open until Midnight - so plenty of time! Run Luke, run!

I, unfortunately, wont be there until Sunday.. but hopefully they will still have a few copies.

Went in to my FLGS yesterday and the fellow hadn't heard a thing about it, but he put my name and number down for when they arrive; This morning I check the answering machine to learn that he had unpack a shipment not an hour after I had left.

Alas mine appeared to be the last copy in the shop today.

But it is mine, all mine. . .

So turns out my FLGS was able to get both this and Desperate Allies in sooner than usual.

Picked up the Beginner Box, but passed on Desperate Allies. No huge surprises, though the adventure is pretty decent, at least on an initial read-thru. Going to use it as the launch point for a new FaD campaign, but will need some sprucing up since none of my players are beginners, and in fact will be creating their own PCs using the Beta (with the understood caveat that when the corebook comes out their characters will be updated accordingly).

I was able to pick up a copy as well. There are two things about the lightsaber wielding pregens I am a little uncertain about.

The first being that they have a lightsaber. I personally love lightsaber characters but they seem to just get this expensive and fairly powerful item for free. But tis could be easily said to be by GM approval and with reasonable background story to how they got it.

The other is their lightsaber skill. They each have non-brawn based lightsaber skill. Unless there's been retooling of things done, that is like giving them a second tier talent for free and ignoring the prerequisite talent.

Edited by ShiKage

I was able to pick up a copy as well. There are two things about the lightsaber wielding pregens I am a little uncertain about.

The first being that they have a lightsaber. I personally love lightsaber characters but they seem to just get this expensive and fairly powerful item for free. But tis could be easily said to be by GM approval and with reasonable background story to how they got it.

The other is their lightsaber skill. They each have non-brawn based lightsaber skill. Unless there's been retooling of things done, that is like giving them a second tier talent for free and ignoring the prerequisite talent.

Most Beginner Game pre-gens tend to be a little above what you'd make in char-gen. That and you're not really meant to take the characters too far since as you can see with talent trees, they have easy access to a number of choice talents, but their talent trees also tend to be a mash-up of three talent trees from the career. So they're not necessarily meant to be for full campaigns, and really just a number of adventures that the Rulebook can get you with its limited items and enemies. A stop-gap until the Core releases, if you will.

So if you want them to conform more to the normal rules, you'd basically need to change a number of things and give them Training Lightsabers instead.