Forever Talisman

By Uvatha, in Talisman Home Brews

New version up.. Changed alot the best change is the City at Day and at Night which is now:

City (at Day) & City (at Night): The player may decide to include The City board to the Forever Talisman game. The game must use the special City (at Day & Night) rule. The special City (at Day & Night) rule is as follows: If The Blood Moon expansion is owned then the Time Card is replaced by The City (at Day & Night) card – When its Day The City (at Day & Night) card is placed over The Rogues Guild, Academy, Apothecary, Sorcerer and Magic Emporium spaces, these are considered closed until it becomes Night. No character may move into the shops for any reason and the shops game text is ignored while it’s Day also the City Watch Enemy cannot be evaded while it’s Day. When its Night The City (at Day & Night) card is moved to be placed over The High Temple, Soothsayer, Armoury, Menagerie and Stable spaces these are now considered closed. No character may move into the shops for any reason and the shops game text is ignored while it’s Night also the “Night Guard” Enemy cannot be evaded while it’s Night.

If The Blood Moon expansion is not owned then The City (at Day & Night) card is placed over the shops listed above according to the start game card drew when The City board is chosen, all rules still apply from above when The City (at Day & Night) card is placed.

This I find is a great way to include the Time rules in with the City and also limiting shop buying it works super well very happy with it. Alot of other changes works alot better with this update.

Coming for a change when The Cataclysm is released. Just wanting to know if its a none board playable (which is likely) or a must add if owned type of addition.

I looked this over pretty good and it seems pretty well thought out.....but **** is that a lot of rules. :-)

This is definitely an expansion for people who know the game very well. Nice work though!

I looked this over pretty good and it seems pretty well thought out.....but **** is that a lot of rules. :-)

This is definitely an expansion for people who know the game very well. Nice work though!

Yeh i know trying to cut it down there is alot of stuff thats a bit meh eg like "fight or flight" rule etc etc. was thinking of dropping the custom characters with the Total War start game card but its fun to add more depth even if you have to be careful using the poorly desgned DE characters. A steamlineing is currently on the cards as ive added a catacysm start game card and redressing the start game card effects.

Ok, version 1.58 is up. Steamed lined and gotten rid of the custom characters with the Total War start game card I figured that if players want the custom characters they can just add them to the standard pool.

Now Total War adds a effect that allows Endings to still count spaces needed to complete them even if they have terrain cards on them. Needs playtesting will get it started when Cataclysm hits until then treat Cataclysm as a none card.

1.59 up little changes plus some text errors in 1.58 that I hehe missed. All prob will change again with Cataclysm hits but for not looking good.

After the Cataclysm rules 1.60 is now up. No real change only now The Deep Realms start game card now forces players to choose start game cards they draw as well. Other than that all ticky a boo.

1.62 up Just going to ready up newer versions from now on without posting. New Cataclysm rules A New World and After the Fall which allow for the Cataclysm board to be played after the end of the world from the harbinger and also allow for a newer Cataclysm board game start limiting both the City and the Woodlands inclusion in the game.

Been ages with no update: now Forever Talisman is 1.70 and has the major change of allowing players to pick the start game cards instead of drawing them.

Enjoy.

Linky: https://www.dropbox.com/home/Forever%20Talisman