Forever Talisman

By Uvatha, in Talisman Home Brews

e8c6bea20cfdefffe4a7faa5173cd24f.png

My "upcoming" Forever Talisman set of rules: these setup a game of talisman by a set of 18 cards giving all players in the game options on what boards, endings and rules will be played with.

Please tell us more.

Please tell us more.

Sure will, but I'm half way through the play testing..

Right'o' need playtesters.

Heres what you need knowedge of and expansions owned

Forever Talisman

Advanced rules on Talisman setup and game play

Note on playing with Talisman expansions:

• The Forever Talisman rules are designed to be played with most of all the current expansions of Talisman . A group of players must have at least half or more of the current Talisman expansions for the rules to have any effect on the game.
  • When playing Forever Talisman all Talisman expansions have to be used if owned.
  • All cards from each expansion are shuffled into their corresponding decks no matter if their expansion board is being played with or not in the game.
  • If a Talisman expansion is not owned then there is no chance it can be played.
  • When a player draws a card that targets a space from an expansion board not being played with in this Forever Talisman game then the card s effect that targets the space in question is ignored and the rest of the card is played as is.
  • The “Light and Dark Fate” rules from the Woodlands expansion are always used even if the Woodlands expansion is being used or not in the game (even if not owned).

So if anyone is interesting in testing these rules out just holla'

I'd be keen to test them out - not sure when our next game will be, so I can't confirm I'll be too much help, but I'd like to if I can!

Aok I'm just proofreading the rules PDF and getting together all the other stuff thats needed to test it out.. Send me a meassage with your email if you can so I can send the stuff to you, not alot of printing to do 18 start game cards and some of the DE characters can be used in the rules too. Oh and a close shop template for the city.

some cool character abilities in there, stole a bunch:)

some cool character abilities in there, stole a bunch:)

Which ones are you talking about? all my old fan made characters?

yeah, specifically:

black cat with 9 lives that causes loss of fate (i had a lifeloss version of this)
move another character
causing discard of followers/objects
minimum 1 gold
skullreaders ability to manipulate adventure deck also during other players' turn
stifling other players' abilities
gaining fate when other players lose life
I like unusual abilities that either manipulate gamemechanics in a new way or offer player interaction and strategic choices.
and silly ideas like a cat with 9 lives that still works mechanically, offering a new type of character;)
Edited by Rawsugar

yeah, specifically:

black cat with 9 lives that causes loss of fate (i had a lifeloss version of this)
move another character
causing discard of followers/objects
minimum 1 gold
skullreaders ability to manipulate adventure deck also during other players' turn
stifling other players' abilities
gaining fate when other players lose life
I like unusual abilities that either manipulate gamemechanics in a new way or offer player interaction and strategic choices.
and silly ideas like a cat with 9 lives that still works mechanically, offering a new type of character;)

Yeah the Black Cat, this was before the follower too.

b6a459e2d77f4569f5d8e711f77b57f4.png

5e43a380208ee0c9b7401613e295d305.png

New Closed Shop Templates for Forever Talisman.

5920d34f894d7f45d62e264986f0b3ee.png

c4eac4cb108b35344290b0f1aa466deb.png

f726c38bf758d32f70e467d569ba2499.png

Sorry for all the posts but it was the post way I could post the card images.

Version 1.1 now. Small changes nothing deep. I have it all up on Dropbox now for play-testers to get access to the files so we can improve the rules.

Version 1.5 now live. Harbinger friendly "I hope" normal links for download aok.

These look great Uvatha :D I will be reading up on these rules for sure. Although I still have Orcs! to work my way through ;)

The official Version 1.5 now live. added some rule changes like added more effects that take away endings due to the shear volume of them at mo. Awaiting my Harbinger set to play test its involvement - normal links for download aok.

Right 1.53 uploaded a lot better now that I've play tested with The Harbinger. Dropped a lot of stuff and streamlined the rules also added another way to generate start game cards.

1.54 up changed how The Harbinger works within the rules now you can play with the expansion but weakened down a bit.

Where can I read your expansion set? All I can find is link to pinterest with some graphics.