Stupid boat! BE FASTER!

By Desslok, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

How annoying that our stuff seems stuck on a slow boat from china! BE FASTER, DAMMNIT!

/em angry penguin

Edited by Desslok

Probably awaiting unloading. Just one more casualty of the port backlog caused by last years dispute between union and management

I was hoping that it would be here and available for May 4th but it doesn't look like there'll be any Force & Destiny this day. Will have to stick with Age of Rebellion it looks like...

So maybe the 5th-6th of May being the earliest this might be available then?

It may not be out for the general public, but one of the FFG writers will be running it in the store for May 4th.

Good to hear!

Well, according to the Upcoming list, it's the very next thing on the RPG list ready to roll off. There's no more On The Boats above it!

I still see it on the boat. On the other hand the F&D Core now shows as at the printer rather than in development. Cool.

Just means that unfortunately there won't be any May the 4th & Destiny beginner game like we were really hoping. If its on the boat now that means we might not see it in Australia until late this month or even next month...

I love the FFG stuff it just seems they miss some great Star Wars opportunities due to release dates being slightly after the event.

I love the FFG stuff it just seems they miss some great Star Wars opportunities due to release dates being slightly after the event.

Unfortunately, shipping times are something out their control.

They can aim for products to come out on or around May the 4th, but the slightest delay at the printers or while it's on the boat can throw those plans completely out of whack.

How annoying that our stuff seems stuck on a slow boat from china! BE FASTER, DAMMNIT!

/em angry penguin

I Know right!?!?! Sheesh!

@ Lorne, Hilarious!

I still like this one though….

Unfortunately, shipping times are something out their control.

They can aim for products to come out on or around May the 4th, but the slightest delay at the printers or while it's on the boat can throw those plans completely out of whack.

Believe me I do understand this, I deal with this everyday as a Project Manager in the Construction industry but most companies should and do have an idea on manufacturing and shipping timeframes.

It's not a really a criticism on their choices (as I stated - I love FFG stuff, they are hands down my favourite Gaming company -just check my crippled bank balance!) but more a rambling that with May the 4th becoming more and more of an event to look forward to by Star Wars fans every year it would have been nice to celebrate this with some Gaming. It just seems like a bit of a missed opportunity to have made it into a gaming event, maybe draw more people into the hobby. If any year were the year for it, it would be this one!

Edited by Ebonwarlock

"Faster, more Intense!" - G.L. :)

Well, I've been checking the upcoming games page a few times a day. It doesn't seem to be helping. Maybe if I muttered, "Come on, come on!" then it'll get here faster. Wish me luck!

Well, I've been checking the upcoming games page a few times a day. It doesn't seem to be helping. Maybe if I muttered, "Come on, come on!" then it'll get here faster. Wish me luck!

Cant hurt. I would quote Star Wars "would it help if I got out and pushed!"

I think I need a new F5 key. . . .

And of course now Desperate Allies is above the Beginner Game - meaning that it MUST be closer to release that the box is. You cannot dispute my logic, so don't even try!

or they just list the items in alphabetic order...

Oh look at you, Star Wars Armada . Aren't you all special! Mister "Look at me, I'm off the boat already!" You and your wave one ships, don't you feel all smug and self-reightous. How dare you. HOW DARE YOU!

Bastards.

Well, a new preview article went up today. So perhaps that means the Beginner Box is that much closer to reaching shelves?

Well, a new preview article went up today. So perhaps that means the Beginner Box is that much closer to reaching shelves?

I'd hope so. Half the time new previews go up when shipping/production moves forward a step, so hopefully it switches to "Shipping Now" in the next couple days.

Well, even if it switches to Shipping Now on Monday, we probably wont get our hands on it until the 25th. Why is waiting so hard!

fydry.gif

This is one reason I hate physical products. They do not move at the speed of an electron.

OK, confession time. I've been trying to get a coworker to give the system a shot, so I told him the beginner box featuring lightsabers and force powers was coming soon. He was really interested, and he's been looking forward to it ever since. However, whenever I plan things, stuff always manages to go inexplicably wrong. I just have terrible luck. So, if you're wondering why this has been on the boat for a full month and a half now, I'm pretty sure it's my fault. Sorry about that.

Next time, I'll try to slow down an Armada shipment instead.