Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver

By Card_Breaker, in Odds & Ends

How many spaces does Lugia take up? My friend wants to know, because he is obsessing over having a Wailord follow him.

TheChampIsHere said:

How many spaces does Lugia take up? My friend wants to know, because he is obsessing over having a Wailord follow him.

4? I think...Anyways, Karen of the E4 is being a b**** to me... Her Umbreon is about to die, so she switches to Houndoom. I used Flamethrower which boosted its fire attacks. Great. I switch to Swampert and use Surf. She then switches to Vileplume and my next Surf does virtually nothing. I use Ice Beam but it survives by a sliver... then uses petal dance and kills me... I use Typhlosion to finish it off. Lugia with Extrasensory just finished off Gengar... now to re defeat Umbreon...

EDIT: Beat it, Typhlosion wants to learn Rollout... yes or no?

EDIT2: Said no. =P Onward to kill Houndoom...

EDIT3: Killed Murkrow with Discharge from Ampharos! On to Lance!!!!!!!!! That hacker!!!! He cannot have a Lv 40 Dragonite (He has one when you battle with him in the Rocket base in Mahogany against two rockets in a double battle)

EDIT4: Beat Lance. His 3 Dragonites were a pain... Every time, my Swampert got each down to like 1 HP with Ice Beam... Why couldn't you OHKO them Swampert? Why?!?!

EDIT5: OMG! I love the credits music as well as the scenes! Music is nearly unchanged keeping that retro feel and the scenes are all the characters being awesome and walking their pokemon (gym leaders, team rocket (lol, one was falling behind in the line), rival, E4, semi-rival, mom, you, then it ends with that big THE END and has music box music!!!

EDIT6: On to Kanto!!! I'M ON A BOAT!!! Love the music. And the 3D effects of the boat leaving are awesome.

EDIT7: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWwJ8eoXYCk&feature=sub I can't wait until I reach Celadon!!!! Even the new routes and places that didn't exist in GSC have music in GB form!!!

I had beaten Misty, restored the Power Plant, and gone to the radio tower... but I couldn't find how to play the pokeflute... So after a day, I finally mess around with the radio and I found that the top star is the pokeflute. Time to battle and catch Snorlax and get to Pewter!!!!

EDIT: Caught Snorlax! I was a bit worried at first because I accidentally burned it... but I managed to catch it right before it was about to die with my 6th ultra ball.

EDIT2: Beat Brock. Easy... too easy... All that's left is Blaine (Grrrr, seafoam islands... hate caves...), Jasmine, and Green... then Red... Gonna be a sweet fight... But I'm only in the high 50's and low 60's... needa get to Lv 80...

Beat Blaine... Only ones left are Jasmine and Green. I also found Articuno! And OMG!!! This is unbelievable! I used all 24 of my Ultra Balls, all 8 of my Great Balls, and a Quick Ball. I cannot catch it. I'm about to reset my game but throw a Pokeball first for laughs... 1....2........3...............CAUGHT!?!? WTF? Unbelievable... Well, gotta restock on Ultra Balls now... and maybe Pokeballs since they are so lucky... xD.

Card_Breaker said:

Beat Blaine... Only ones left are Jasmine and Green. I also found Articuno! And OMG!!! This is unbelievable! I used all 24 of my Ultra Balls, all 8 of my Great Balls, and a Quick Ball. I cannot catch it. I'm about to reset my game but throw a Pokeball first for laughs... 1....2........3...............CAUGHT!?!? WTF? Unbelievable... Well, gotta restock on Ultra Balls now... and maybe Pokeballs since they are so lucky... xD.

So...I'm the only person on the planet who exclusively uses Pokéballs for everything? I hate Great/Ultra/Master/Quick/random capture spheres ¬_¬

P.S - It took 137 Pokéballs to catch a shiny Rayquaza on 2% health, but only 2 to capture a Mewtwo at full health...

Trothael said:

Card_Breaker said:

So...I'm the only person on the planet who exclusively uses Pokéballs for everything? I hate Great/Ultra/Master/Quick/random capture spheres ¬_¬

P.S - It took 137 Pokéballs to catch a shiny Rayquaza on 2% health, but only 2 to capture a Mewtwo at full health...

Lol, I tend to use Ultra Balls as soon as possible not for the capture rate, but for the design... I like it...

Of course, anything I use competitively online is in a pokeball because I rather A) breed or B) take the time to catch it in one (legendaries basically because pokeballs look more professional and not something like "Ooooohhhhh! Lugia! Go Masterball!!!!" like some little kid or something).

Since I'm really just quickly going through the game to beat it, I'm not really going for legendaries right now... just any I happen to stumble across. Heck, even though I knew Articuno was in there, I hadn't purposely tried to find it. I just happened to go down a ladder and found it sitting right across the water. Plus I like to give cool english names but seeing as 5 characters = limited, I'm gonna wait until the US SS to continue with my competitive training.

Anyways, I'm going to fushia... but gotta do homework first... -__-.

I also believe in Trothael's plan. I also only catch Pokemon in pokeballs, it makes it look like you did more work, the look is a classic, and you never see Ash sending out anything else either...my brother gets too lucky though. He caught Mewtwo, Latios, and Moltres without even hitting them and on his first shot...all with pokeballs. He just threw it and got them...bull....

TheChampIsHere said:

I also believe in Trothael's plan. I also only catch Pokemon in pokeballs, it makes it look like you did more work, the look is a classic, and you never see Ash sending out anything else either...my brother gets too lucky though. He caught Mewtwo, Latios, and Moltres without even hitting them and on his first shot...all with pokeballs. He just threw it and got them...bull....

Actually, isn't Ash's Totodile in a ball made by Kurt or something?

Ah, yes. I've confirmed that Ash's Totodile was caught with a Lure Ball.

One Pokemon out of hundreds, not a bad record...

And I quote: " and you NEVER see Ash sending out anything else either... "

I any case, I don't really care... Beat Green! On to Red! Gonna be epic... Also, I got the GB Player! I'm going to battle Ho-oh with it on and see how the new music would sound in GSC. Unfortunately, I couldn't do so with Lugia... mandatory catch... =P. But the GTS Tower sounds awesome in GB music.

US release is near! Can't wait.

Anyone have a spare event Arceus and event Pichu? I missed them since I stopped following the game for a bit. I'll be sure to get the event Jirachi though that started today.

I'm finally getting the event Arceus on 21/03.

Trothael said:

Yep, I saw on Serebii. xD

Could you possibly get me a spare?

Card_Breaker said:

Trothael said:

Yep, I saw on Serebii. xD

Could you possibly get me a spare?

I'll see if I can hijack one of my brother's DS' and Pokeymanz.

Then I'll steal McDonalds WiFi.

Then I'll snag a second Arceus.

Then I'll somehow steal it your way.

Then I'll have stolen an Arceus in four different ways.

I have to check...I can guarantee I don't have an extra Pichu...I might have an Arceus, but don't bet on it. I have all of them so far...so if you just need it to unlock a thing, I can maybe trade it too you so you can just unlock it. I have a lot of event Pokemon, I don't know what games they are for, but I have:

Regigigas
Arceus
Pichu
Jirachi
something else I can't think of...I think

TheChampIsHere said:

I have to check...I can guarantee I don't have an extra Pichu...I might have an Arceus, but don't bet on it. I have all of them so far...so if you just need it to unlock a thing, I can maybe trade it too you so you can just unlock it. I have a lot of event Pokemon, I don't know what games they are for, but I have:

Regigigas
Arceus
Pichu
Jirachi
something else I can't think of...I think

That would be awesome, even if you could only trade them for the event then trade back, that would be cool too. Regigigas I had but I think I may have traded it away. Arceus and Pichu I need. Jirachi I'm going to get soon. Something else... Celebi? If so, I need that too.

What game do I get that on...I can check for you.

I'm not sure... I just remembered the Celebi event that takes you to a certain someone to battle which you need the special Celebi to activate.

I'll go and look on Serebii...it has to be on one of the DS games.

I just found out how to get the Celebii. I really doubt I have it, but if anyone has it, if I could borrow it that would be greatly appreciated if I don't have it.

First, you had to obtain this Celebii back on either Saphire, Ruby, Emerald, LeafGreen, or FireRed from a Nintendo Event. Then you had to use Pal Park via D/P/Pt to get it to the DS system. Finally, you have to trade it too Hg/Ss and that unlocks the special event. Considering that this Celebii came out ages ago, I can check, I might have it, but it'll be tough to get one for yourself I'd say.

Really? I thought it was a Celebi that was more recently released for download in Japan. Hmmm... Let me look more into it. I thought I remembered something from a little back where there was a Celebi... I vaguely remember Serebii saying that their namesake was finally released for rather DPP or HGSS... of course that could be my mind making things up...

The Serebii page says "soon there will be a Celebi event" so I was probably remembering that they were excited how it will be released soon. Of course, that doesn't explain the various Youtube video of people already doing the event...I'll look more later.

Under Celebii's page it says the only way to get it from Hg/Ss is by trading it from DPPt, so I looked how to get it there, and it said via Pal Park, so finally I went to the GBA Pages, and somewhere in there it said that the event happened then. They'll release another one I'm betting when Pokemon Champion Z comes out, because that stars Zoroark and Celebii...so trust me...there should be another. I doubt that they would basically screw all the new players.

I just went to HGSS's page and clicked the section under Celebi Special Event and it said there would be one coming out soon. I doubt the old Celebi would work for the event.