What cards would you like to see reprinted?

By guitalex2008, in UFS General Discussion

Might be a minority here...but..the anti-K...i loved that card

Yes... yes you are lol

You know what card I randomly saw and want reprinted because I forgot how much I LOVED it? Bloody Tale!

Halbard100 said:

For me:

Contemplation :: Why? I love this card, I love the cost, I love the effect, I love the style. But most of all, I like what it acutally encourages, if this was legal before NEWFS was instated, there is a number of decks that would have been gang raped at worlds. Best defense is a good offense, pack enough attacks and this thing won't hurt you to bad.

I said that that had to come back for almost a full year. Shame it never did ><

As for other things that'd be nice:

E Negation! I dun care what, assets, foundations, actions... I dun care! Just SOMETHING that can negate something.

negation is coming at some point I think. There was e negation when these sets were created, before the idea of early rotaion, thats why there isnt any atm.

Thinking about it more, I really REALLY loved 8th Bill of Punishment and Messatsu Gorasen , really I loved Akuma5 and all of his battle box attacks :P and his whole ability and style. Reprint him and his support and I'll be happy as a drunk clam :D

Messatsu Gorasen... now that's also a card I would like to see reprinted... Combos well with Curse of the Ancient Mariner...

off the top of my head:

1. Steel's Bane

2. 8th Bill

3. Fuma Training

4. Too Fast to See

5. Combination of Blows

One of my favorite cards in the game could be re-printed:

Spiral Dominance.

It's a 1 check, shares no symbols with Paul's BS, has Stun 4 which can be punished by all the Heros and Balances you're committing.

We need 1 checks in this game. I realize one day we'll likely get some sort of new Akuma or Genjuro thing going on, but seriously, 1 checks HAVE mattered in UFS (need I remind everyone of a certain game-winning attack ran in almost every deck?)

Da_ghetto_gamer said:

MarcoPulleaux said:

Da_ghetto_gamer said:

One thing i really miss right now is tag along.....not just becuase of the character negation but of the F as well it was a balanced card that was needed in last block and i wouldnt mind seeing it again.....characters are way too prominent right now

The only reason Tag Along was balanced in last block was because last block has been, for a VERY long time, broken as all Hell.

Tag Along is a stupid broken card.

"Oh Hi, I can tutor ANY card from the discard pile, and I completely F-over almost every character known to mankind. Did I mention I have 6 symbols?"

I'll come up with a list in a bit. What a lot of you guys are overlooking is that NEWFS isn't BROKEFS as we've come to know it for SO F'ING LONG! Remember, our game is actually GOOD this year 'round, so let's not bring around too many stupid power cards to bring back bad days (as in, any foundation with a +2-MID block cannot be reprinted, because nobody can block in NEWFS).

OK, so, I've done my research, and here is the extensive list of cards I would like to see reprinted:

Maybe ive gotten used to having that saving grace against certain characters and not having that now...well idk i just hate it when im getting pounded in by hilde or astrid because i cant do balls against characters

you want to talk about being able to build your character and the game being balanced when all characters can compete and i dont have to worry about getting one or 2 hit KO'd by hilde or astrid when im playing yi-shan or any other character not named Rashotep then well talk

Well said ghetto gamer. I agree completely.

I'll do three of each, excluding character.

Foundation: Silent Step, Control the Present and Made Not Born.

Asset: The Blowfish Blade, White Gi and Secret Project

Action: Block, Hop and Challenge the Master

Attack: Two-Fisted Rising Sun, Overhead Hop Kick, Lumber Axe

>_> I think all of these cards would be fine in the current meta. Something like Made Not Born or Lumber Axe is desperately needed to counteract throws right now.

Nova's Combo
Blazing Cadenza

Mission of Peace
Roam The World

Heisheng Jian
Mamahaha

Control The Flow
Dark Heart

lius said:

Da_ghetto_gamer said:

MarcoPulleaux said:

Da_ghetto_gamer said:

One thing i really miss right now is tag along.....not just becuase of the character negation but of the F as well it was a balanced card that was needed in last block and i wouldnt mind seeing it again.....characters are way too prominent right now

The only reason Tag Along was balanced in last block was because last block has been, for a VERY long time, broken as all Hell.

"Oh Hi, I can tutor ANY card from the discard pile, and I completely F-over almost every character known to mankind. Did I mention I have 6 symbols?"

I'll come up with a list in a bit. What a lot of you guys are overlooking is that NEWFS isn't BROKEFS as we've come to know it for SO F'ING LONG! Remember, our game is actually GOOD this year 'round, so let's not bring around too many stupid power cards to bring back bad days (as in, any foundation with a +2-MID block cannot be reprinted, because nobody can block in NEWFS).

OK, so, I've done my research, and here is the extensive list of cards I would like to see reprinted:

Maybe ive gotten used to having that saving grace against certain characters and not having that now...well idk i just hate it when im getting pounded in by hilde or astrid because i cant do balls against characters

you want to talk about being able to build your character and the game being balanced when all characters can compete and i dont have to worry about getting one or 2 hit KO'd by hilde or astrid when im playing yi-shan or any other character not named Rashotep then well talk

Hilde is incredibly overrated.

Most people know I am a relatively new player so I don't have knowledge pre-block 2, and of that block I am not an expert at all either.

That said, I'd like anything to return but for - the Gorgeous Team, Rejection, Kunai, and Shinobi Tradition. Contrary to popular belief I don't hate Ibuki...

What I would like to see reprinted is:

Tough Outer Shell, with text on second ability being Life R commit : discard card gain life etc.

And at the same time Oral Dead.

I also think they should add some symbols to the keyword hate cards (particularly the action card) becuase Fury of the Ancients makes my eyes bleed.

- dut

Foundation: Mystic - With such a limited card pool, and no way to get anything back, this would be great. Add "Only playable if you have not removed any cards from your removed from game pile this turn" so that people can't spam 4 of them every turn.

Attack: Overhand Throw - But rewrite it so you must have drawn cards during the combat phase and not just "this turn"

Action: Power Up - There are many cards that require momentum, and no real good solid way to get it.

Asset: Overwhelming Strength - With no real ways to shut down characters, this would be a great addition to the card pool.

Attacks:

Tiamat's Rampage: Yes the game has some big kill cards, but this was THE kill card that started it all

Quick Elbow: It was just a neat little thing to throw at the end of a string of foundations

Actions:

Tag Along: this game desperatly needs it, or something like it

Size Matters: Astaroth has to matter again one day

I"ll Take you On: Just to be THAT guy who runs Paul

Foundations:

Armored Defense: Lord there's way too much draw in this game

Idylic Kamui Kotan: It was probably one of the best defense cards when it came out

Contemplation: Now it doesn't really matter as everyone is running aggro, thus a perfect time to have it come back

Assets:

Enlightenment :D

guitalex2008 said:

lius said:

Da_ghetto_gamer said:

MarcoPulleaux said:

Da_ghetto_gamer said:

So tell me, why is Hilde still alive by that time? Did you not attack her? Do you not have damage pump? Is she not incredibly squishy?

Hilde is incredibly overrated.

I mean yeah at some points i can kill hilde turn 2 but what if im playing my zhao deck? im sure i cant kill turn 2 unless i get some kind of god hand with communings and my whole combo

But what if its not hilde but astrid or jin killing turn 2? then what would i do?

dutpotd said:

And at the same time Oral Dead.

Remove the block and make its cost R Destroy this foundation, then we'll talk.

You know what could definitely be reprinted.

Rigorous Training, one of the best, most balanced cards ever made in the history of UFS.

Also, *Seth*. Beasted with that man. BEASTED!

B-Rad said:

We have very few characters as it is. Do you really want to make Kazuya completely unplayable? Tag Along can GTFO and never be seen again IMO. We have JJ as it is but at least his effect is on a character card so there are ways to stop it and you will always see it coming.

Remove the block and make its cost R Destroy this foundation, then we'll talk.

I think it needs the block (make it +3 though), granted it needs a second use against decks that 'never' form...

I agree with the Destroy this foundation thing, and come back as blank foundation?

In any case, form negation, 'maybe some costly, non-resuable enhance negation', can behandled. I don't think response negation is needed unless there becomes a lot of nasty nasty responses.

- dut

We have Covenant Elder! >:|

When it comes to negation, I've already said that it can't be global without immense overcosting and bastardization (see Memories that Stain Armor). If they made a card that was similar to Red Lotus, but only worked against Stun, I'm sure it would see play, but it wouldn't be an auto-include since it only works against Stun (kinda like Journey of Repentance).

Forms are rare, and yeah, Oral Dead did only stop assets and foundations, but it was a PERMANENT card. If you're going to negate something (which I feel is the most powerful, moreso than destroying/blanking/committing it), then you better be gone. One use is all you should need.

MarcoPulleaux said:

We have Covenant Elder! >:|

When it comes to negation, I've already said that it can't be global without immense overcosting and bastardization (see Memories that Stain Armor). If they made a card that was similar to Red Lotus, but only worked against Stun, I'm sure it would see play, but it wouldn't be an auto-include since it only works against Stun (kinda like Journey of Repentance).

Forms are rare, and yeah, Oral Dead did only stop assets and foundations, but it was a PERMANENT card. If you're going to negate something (which I feel is the most powerful, moreso than destroying/blanking/committing it), then you better be gone. One use is all you should need.

Lol I think this maybe different when that **** mitsurugi asset comes out...**** bitter rivals on an asset

I call Mitsurugi's new asset "Balanced Rivals" =D

Sol Badguy said:

B-Rad said:

We have very few characters as it is. Do you really want to make Kazuya completely unplayable? Tag Along can GTFO and never be seen again IMO. We have JJ as it is but at least his effect is on a character card so there are ways to stop it and you will always see it coming.

Let's examine yer statement:

We have very few characters as it is:

Shadowwar has 8 characters, 4 of which are playable in the current enviroment imo (Astrid, Ragnar, Rashotep, Zhao Daiyu)

SC 4 has 8 characters, 5 of which are playable (Ivy, Tira, Sigfried, Nightmare, Hilde)

Tekken has 5-6 characters (I can't remember off the top of my head) and many of them are rather good as well.

There are currently 15 released or soon to be released promo characters, almost all of which are rather good (and that's not counting the 09 National and World's winners)

So with this math there are roughly 36 characters legal at the moment, and quite a few of them were playable. Looking back at block 3, and the mass amount of characters available and and the fact only a small handlefull of them were any good, Tag Along saw rampant play for obvious reason. Why should block 4 be any different? Even less characters were being used in block 3, and it was alive and rampant.

Do you really want to make Kazuya completely unplayable?

This statement is simple dumb (no offense). Look at characters in block 3 that relied on their character only abilities. Did a Tag Along make Promo Alex useless? Did a Tag Along make Seung Mina useless? Did Tag Along make Akuma and Donovan useless? Oh what about the Zi Mei that won Worlds... How'd Tag Along fair against that?

My point is the same that this community made about cards such as BRT, Addes, Chester's, and the various other jank people have decided to ***** about in the past, and if we were having this conversation face to face I'd say the following in as snarky a voice as I could:

" Play around it "

Kazuya has stuff that recurrs characters, and forgive me for wanting SOME piece of negation in this game. It's costed fair as it's RFG'ed, and last I checked there was no way in block 4 to get it back.

We Have JJ:

We certainly do have a character that's... Oh wait, he's from England right? Oh I mean pusha that's not a... Oh wait, he's not handing out cards anymore because of some French douchebag? Well maybe we could do some trad.... Oh wait most folks don't like to do international trading? Hmm.. Well... I mean at least we have JJ right?

ROTBI said:

MegaGeese said:

I notice the end of Shinji's post has...nothing in it =/

Things I'd love to see reprinted:

Vast Resources
Vanity
Misdirection (whoever mentioned this earlier is awesome)
Kunai (different symbols, tho)
Bat Spin
Devil Reverse
Unorthodox Style (c'mon, think about how hard it is to get momentum)
Forgotten Memories (same)
Quartet of Oblivion
Mission of Peace
Heisheng Jian
Nadeshiko
Ruthless Villainy
The Don's Right Hand Man
Challenged
Armored Defense
Whereabouts Unknown/Graceful Kabuki
Waterfall's Momentum

And about twenty assorted characters, HA

As an avid Mission of Peace player and lover, I can say we really don't need that back in the current block, my friend. Also (respectfully) I totally disagree with Vanity, Vast Resources (another card I love), Kunai, Wherabouts, and...Quartet of Oblivion? Really, dude, lol?

I'll totally second (or third) the notion on Misdirection, Heisheng Jian (great call), and an equivalent to Nakeshiko that isn't Yoshitora-only but IS unique.

Why not? It's solid, non-busted support for three of the weaker symbols. What's wrong with that? It's also got good stats, at the cost of having a block.

On the rest: Stand Off is Vanity 2.0, but more foundation intensive; there's also a HUGE lack of check hax in the game right now, rendering the anti-hax cards we have useless; not advocating anything HUGE, just something like Dark Hado 1 or something minor. Vast Resources was feckin' awesome, you shut up! xD Then again, Lord knows the symbols on it don't need help (change THOSE) - same goes for Kunai. Life doesn't need the help, nor Evil, but Water wouldn't mind it, or Good, Order, Air, etc. Same for Whereabouts - we need some quick, on the spot momentum generation that's properly costed like Whereabouts; I'd change the stats a bit (2/5 and no Breaker), but still, there's a market for it. Quartet was a statistically excellent card that was balanced card pool clearing with a restriction - I'd much rather have Schmetterling, but I don't think many people would like that very much, especially since Tira would abuse to living crap out of it.

On the others, yeah, exactly, even down to Nadeshiko being non 'tora (especially since we don't have one...sigh; starter 'tora would be a BEAST in this format).

B-Rad said:

Do you really want to make Kazuya completely unplayable?

This statement is simple dumb (no offense). Look at characters in block 3 that relied on their character only abilities. Did a Tag Along make Promo Alex useless? Did a Tag Along make Seung Mina useless? Did Tag Along make Akuma and Donovan useless? Oh what about the Zi Mei that won Worlds... How'd Tag Along fair against that?

Yeah except you know those character abilities didn't have the cost of REMOVE YOUR STAGING AREA FROM THE GAME! If your opponent plays that and you Tag Along there is no way in hell they are going to win. I am all for negation and we even have a bit of character negation right now in Covenant Elder but I never want to see it get to the level that it did.