What cards would you like to see reprinted?

By guitalex2008, in UFS General Discussion

This is of course a wishlist and is an opinion so please respect other people's opinions by refraining to call them stupid. lol You might not agree but we'd rather hear about YOUR choices as opposed to why someone else's choices are bad.

With that in mind, I provide you with my list of cards I'd like to see reprinted.

1) Lunging Snake!!! So nice. 0/3, 2H1 with a +1L anti-multiple block. Why not? Nothing ever broke it, people barely used it outside of Maxi and it's fun lol

2) Heel Stomp - Fun card, nothing really special other than changing its zone to low then watch as the opponent's head asploed trying to figure out how to block it.

3) Jab!!! Same reason as 1, other than quick momentum gen and an all-time favorite poke.

4) Spin Kick Slash Cross - Sure, people barely ever used it back in the day, but it's a one-shot foundation negation.

5) Cheerful - Heichachi, Kazuya and Jin can all eat a D.

6) Hollyhocks - 6/2 4H8 with a conditional destruction ability that will barely see play at the moment. Regardless, 6/2 4H8 Reversals are nice.

I have other ideas, most involving cards that induce attacking, but what cards would you like reprinted?

For me:

Contemplation :: Why? I love this card, I love the cost, I love the effect, I love the style. But most of all, I like what it acutally encourages, if this was legal before NEWFS was instated, there is a number of decks that would have been gang raped at worlds. Best defense is a good offense, pack enough attacks and this thing won't hurt you to bad.

Yugao :: I love card pool clogging, Lu Chen is nice, but Yoshitora was the real master of it. And I like the magnitude of card pool clog more than what you're getting out it past that. That, and Water and Good could use a little pump.

Those are just the top of my head, but they are my favorites.

guitalex2008 said:

3) Jab!!! Same reason as 1, other than quick momentum gen and an all-time favorite poke.

Haha! I miss that card soooooo much.

I really liked Unorthodox Fighting Style. I wish it was watermarked forever cause it's abbreviation is U.F.S.

Shaneth said:

guitalex2008 said:

Haha! I miss that card soooooo much.

I really liked Unorthodox Fighting Style. I wish it was watermarked forever cause it's abbreviation is U.F.S.

we need infinity watermarks :)

Admiral Ren said:

we need infinity watermarks :)
:)

addes syndicate and revitalize....lol j/k

i would love to see reprinted

Hop

8th bill of punishment

backflip

cagemaster

control the present

Dark Hado (the discard for dmg one)

greeds influence

to start

Backflip? Really? >_>

I'd actually like to see a reprint of "Reversal". The ultimate one-hit-kill punisher. Alter its text so it can't go to momentum though (hi Body of Souls).

One thing i really miss right now is tag along.....not just becuase of the character negation but of the F as well it was a balanced card that was needed in last block and i wouldnt mind seeing it again.....characters are way too prominent right now

I would like to see these set balancing cards:

1.Wandering master

2.Nothing to loss

3.Star dust drop

4.Misdirection

5.Heel stomp

6.Fei long's fierce punch

7.Fighting frenzy

8.Hiza Geri

9.Yatta

10.Silent movement

That is my top ten of reasonable cards that require effort to use and have great potential in my opinion.

Da_ghetto_gamer said:

One thing i really miss right now is tag along.....not just becuase of the character negation but of the F as well it was a balanced card that was needed in last block and i wouldnt mind seeing it again.....characters are way too prominent right now

Actually, i don't miss this card at all! NewFS is all about building a starting character the way YOU want to build your character. Tag Along prohibits this, and is also an "auto include"!

After the drama of OldFS and all it's "auto-include" card BS, i'm ready for a format that allows for personal expression that doesn't punish you for NOt running cards x,y, z (or meta'ing against said cards).

That said, i'm still a fan of Burning Knuckle! Bring THAT card back, please!

Ghetto, honestly bro, has that card been gone long enough to miss yet, lol? happy.gif

But I see lots of good stuff in this thread already guys. Of note:

Lunging snake by G2K8...I didn't know anyone else loved this card like me.

Heel Stomp, another excellent pick by the OP

I've had tons of people disagree with me about Contemplation, but I still think it's one of the greatest and most necessary foundations ever printed.

Tag, great call on Reversal, LOVE that card!

Anyone in my playgroup could tell you my votes would probably go to Unorthodox Style, Unorthodox Fighting Style, and Mystic...and for good measure Chapter of Tolgaido and Han d dsome Fighters Never Lose.

Awaken said:

addes syndicate and revitalize....lol j/k

i would love to see reprinted

Hop

8th bill of punishment

backflip

cagemaster

control the present

Dark Hado (the discard for dmg one)

greeds influence

to start

Please...please....no 8th bill with ivy around....that card in her is a joke.

Foundation wise: Dancing Battle Kabuki

Attack Wise: Crack Kick and Henkoyuki

Action Wise: Dark Heart

Da_ghetto_gamer said:

The only reason Tag Along was balanced in last block was because last block has been, for a VERY long time, broken as all Hell.

Tag Along is a stupid broken card.

"Oh Hi, I can tutor ANY card from the discard pile, and I completely F-over almost every character known to mankind. Did I mention I have 6 symbols?"

I'll come up with a list in a bit. What a lot of you guys are overlooking is that NEWFS isn't BROKEFS as we've come to know it for SO F'ING LONG! Remember, our game is actually GOOD this year 'round, so let's not bring around too many stupid power cards to bring back bad days (as in, any foundation with a +2-MID block cannot be reprinted, because nobody can block in NEWFS).

OK, so, I've done my research, and here is the extensive list of cards I would like to see reprinted:

MarcoPulleaux said:

Da_ghetto_gamer said:

The only reason Tag Along was balanced in last block was because last block has been, for a VERY long time, broken as all Hell.

Tag Along is a stupid broken card.

"Oh Hi, I can tutor ANY card from the discard pile, and I completely F-over almost every character known to mankind. Did I mention I have 6 symbols?"

I'll come up with a list in a bit. What a lot of you guys are overlooking is that NEWFS isn't BROKEFS as we've come to know it for SO F'ING LONG! Remember, our game is actually GOOD this year 'round, so let's not bring around too many stupid power cards to bring back bad days (as in, any foundation with a +2-MID block cannot be reprinted, because nobody can block in NEWFS).

OK, so, I've done my research, and here is the extensive list of cards I would like to see reprinted:

Maybe ive gotten used to having that saving grace against certain characters and not having that now...well idk i just hate it when im getting pounded in by hilde or astrid because i cant do balls against characters

you want to talk about being able to build your character and the game being balanced when all characters can compete and i dont have to worry about getting one or 2 hit KO'd by hilde or astrid when im playing yi-shan or any other character not named Rashotep then well talk

RockStar said:

Da_ghetto_gamer said:

Actually, i don't miss this card at all! NewFS is all about building a starting character the way YOU want to build your character. Tag Along prohibits this, and is also an "auto include"!

After the drama of OldFS and all it's "auto-include" card BS, i'm ready for a format that allows for personal expression that doesn't punish you for NOt running cards x,y, z (or meta'ing against said cards).

That said, i'm still a fan of Burning Knuckle! Bring THAT card back, please!

There are currently more auto-includes this format than there were last format - mostly by virtue of the card pool being so small.

It's just a fact of CCGs - there will always be powerful cards you will try to fit into every deck that can support them.

Da_ghetto_gamer said:

you want to talk about being able to build your character and the game being balanced when all characters can compete and i dont have to worry about getting one or 2 hit KO'd by hilde or astrid when im playing yi-shan or any other character not named Rashotep then well talk

...? I feel our game IS balanced o_O...

Hilde has two major drawbacks:

-18 vitality (her biggest one)
-Relies solely on her ring-out and multiple Dual-Wieldings

At 18 vitality, all a smart Ragnar or King player has to do is go first, build with some damage pump foundations, and turn 2 kill the ***** with some overwhelming throws. Also, Paid to Protect and Faithful Bodyguard CAN stop Hilde.

Astrid is indeed hard to stop, as a Pommel'd Rasho/JJ will have a hard time stopping her (unless Rasho has Torn Hero/Perfect Sense of Balance). However, using some of Nina's RFG support can help go through her weapons, MAC slows down her draw support, Ancient Burial Ground blanks an asset.

Also, keep in mind not everybody is going to be using Astrid. She's the hottest choice to crush diversity, and I think a lot of people are realizing the hawtness that is the turn 2 aggro of such characters as Jin Kazama, Paul Phoenix, King, Ragnar, Siegfried, Tira, and the all-around techiness of Nightmare, Rashotep, Nina, etc.

I notice the end of Shinji's post has...nothing in it =/

Things I'd love to see reprinted:

Vast Resources
Vanity
Misdirection (whoever mentioned this earlier is awesome)
Kunai (different symbols, tho)
Bat Spin
Devil Reverse
Unorthodox Style (c'mon, think about how hard it is to get momentum)
Forgotten Memories (same)
Quartet of Oblivion
Mission of Peace
Heisheng Jian
Nadeshiko
Ruthless Villainy
The Don's Right Hand Man
Challenged
Armored Defense
Whereabouts Unknown/Graceful Kabuki
Waterfall's Momentum

And about twenty assorted characters, HA

MegaGeese said:

Maybe there's a reason for that ;)

reprint animal cards :( i remember i was happy when my scout gave me a poppy. i want to play hime again. oh an safu he was cute too 8D. If i could i think i'd play an ally deck XD

Hayamachop said:

reprint animal cards :( i remember i was happy when my scout gave me a poppy. i want to play hime again. oh an safu he was cute too 8D. If i could i think i'd play an ally deck XD

Kind of a good idea, both would indeed see play. Mamahaha especially; momentum generation R important, I hear.

MegaGeese said:

Things I'd love to see reprinted:

Vast Resources
Vanity
Misdirection (whoever mentioned this earlier is awesome)
Kunai (different symbols, tho)
Bat Spin
Devil Reverse
Unorthodox Style (c'mon, think about how hard it is to get momentum)
Forgotten Memories (same)
Quartet of Oblivion
Mission of Peace
Heisheng Jian
Nadeshiko
Ruthless Villainy
The Don's Right Hand Man
Challenged
Armored Defense
Whereabouts Unknown/Graceful Kabuki
Waterfall's Momentum

And about twenty assorted characters, HA

As an avid Mission of Peace player and lover, I can say we really don't need that back in the current block, my friend. Also (respectfully) I totally disagree with Vanity, Vast Resources (another card I love), Kunai, Wherabouts, and...Quartet of Oblivion? Really, dude, lol?

I'll totally second (or third) the notion on Misdirection, Heisheng Jian (great call), and an equivalent to Nakeshiko that isn't Yoshitora-only but IS unique.

I vote for Control the Present and No Memories to help curb the Es.

I also agree with Hop! Love that card!

Ichi no tachi is a card I really miss in my evil decks. Never really anything unfair about it and I don't want to play pommel smash lol. That and it's multiple hateing never got a chance to shine with spike running around.

Misdirection is one of my all time favorite cards.

I'd also love to see Grief and Wandering Master.

Jubei** and all the other cards that barely had a chance to see the light of day before they were only legal in legacy.