Ironman's Bay Area - NorCal Meta

By cha0s2, in 7. AGoT Metagame Discussions

For those of you who make those nifty power counters each year. Does anyone have a template for making them?

I have made quite a few sets over the years and no, there isn't any template. I just grabbed the house crests off the internet and printed them out very small (probably like 2 cm diameter), then of course you stick the printed crests to the colored felt and then super glue that to the clear gem. I was thinking of trying to do some more for CaliCon this year and so we should get together and i'll show you my methods.

cha0s said:

I have made quite a few sets over the years and no, there isn't any template. I just grabbed the house crests off the internet and printed them out very small (probably like 2 cm diameter), then of course you stick the printed crests to the colored felt and then super glue that to the clear gem. I was thinking of trying to do some more for CaliCon this year and so we should get together and i'll show you my methods.

I believe King Syd has access to the same type of "labor" that Mathlete used for production yes?

No more child labor this year. School is out. But we have a kiddo who might be willing to help out:) When is the next Sunday tourney at your store Cha0s?

We havent scheduled one yet Khaleesi. I think CaliCon will likely be the next tournament on the docket. We need to get that figured out ASAP.

Ok people, if you are out there and still frequent this thread, CaliCon needs to happen this year but this really depends on you. I will do my best to organize this year's events around everybody's schedule but I need some feedback. The main issue up for discussion is, of course, the date(s). When do we want to hold the tourney? I was thinking early September (3rd thru 6th) would be perfect with the Labor Day Holiday making it a long weekend. Also up for discussion will be a name change. CaliCon is very misleading for our newer players because as we all know, this is not really a Con at all. I was thinking we could do a themed tourney, similar to the Kingsmoot in the East and such. We could call it the Battle of the Bay or CA - Tourney of the Hand or something. I'm sure you all can come up with something better than those pathetic suggestions. Lol

Lets hear it...

I actually can't do Labor Day. I'll be up in Pleasanton, but unavailable for Thrones. I also can't do the weekend of the 18th and 19th, because that's Toby's birthday.

Any other weekend after Labor Day will work for my schedule however.

As far as names: The Battle of Blackwater East Bay, The Tourney of the "Left" hand, Tourney of the Westerlands.

Hmmm... Any way to get email notifications of thread updates???

Hey guys! I hope Calicon goes well. I was pleased to see such a large group of people playing in Chico. That's pretty awesome.

I don't always get here, so if there is an email list or yahoo group or something like that (does BDG's forums have email notification?), I'd love to know when the dates are settled.

Right now my Saturdays in September are free, except for Labor Day weekend.

My availability is always subject to override, particularly since I don't know the kids' sports schedules yet. But if I'm free and can borrow a deck, I'd love to come for at least one event.

How about, "The Sunset Tourney."

for the Sunset Sea of the west, and this being the west coast, land of sunsets. Or how about, "Tourney Beneath the Rock" or "Tourney by the Rock."

The "Knights of Summer" tournament.? or how about calling it, "Hot Summer Knights?" I kinda like that one.

Great suggestions. Personally, I like the "Tourney of the Westerlands" ...that has a nice ring to it. Since Labor Day is too busy for people why dont we try to schedule some thing for that next weekend. It would be Sept. 11th and 12th and my guess would be we could have the Melee on Saturday and then the Joust on Sunday. How does that sound for everyone?

Yes please for the Joust on Sunday.

.....just sayin'.... getting home at 4 in the morning sucks!!!

That weekend is good for us and I second the yes please on Melee=Saturday, especially since if we bring the kid that makes Sunday a school night.

Wait people still play this game..LOL Man I would like to show up but have no deck and no place to stay. It would be have to hang out with you guys. Right now we are getting in to Warhammer Invasion and have a going away tourny next thursday for jesse if any of you guys play. black sword is rumerd to be coming up. Hope see you guys if you can.

Sandhawk

Ronnie

Where are you guys playing these days? I.ll be in SF the first week of August and I'd love to get a few games in.

We are still playing at BDG in Concord every Wednesday evening from 6ish to close at 10pm. I'm not sure how many will be around that week. I know that Cha0s is going to GenCon this year after winning Regionals, but I'm not sure if he's flying out Wednesday or Thursday. I will be in San Diego all week for work training. Others should be around. Especially if you post something like, "I'll be at the store Wednesday night." Sorry I will miss you Dormouse, it's been too long since we have played!

Are you staying active in the game, outside of OCTGN? Any meta in Texas yet?

Syd

Ok people, I am getting ready to start plans for this years CaliCon (soon to be renamed to something much better sounding and more fitting of the event) and I would like to get an email list going to keep everyone in the loop. Please email me at [email protected] with your contact info. so I can get this organized. I suppose your email and phone numbers are sufficient and I will do my best not to spam you unless it involves some kind of awesome Thrones event in the near future. THANKS!!!

Well a couple people chimed in, both in favor of the ruling that events have a cost of 0. This is actually backed up in the FAQ, we were just looking in the wrong spot. In paying costs, there is a section that states if a card has no printed cost it is treated as if it's cost were 0. It specifically cites instances of determining costs for triggered effects (such as Kraznys).

Cisco, Rematch!

Well as usual I was wrong...lol

From now on when we have a difficult rules question, ask me what I think and then do the opposite! gui%C3%B1o.gif

We had a great tournament yesterday to celebrate the release of our friend Justin 'One-Eye'! All in all there were 8 players (including this noob named 'bye') and here are the results:

House Breakdown

Stark - 1

Lannister - 0

Baratheon - 1

Greyjoy - 1

Targaryen - 2

Martell - 2

Regulation

Joey 'Devastacia' Kreins playing Targaryen (Wildlings): 3-0

Justin 'One-eye' Alterman playing Greyjoy: 2-1

Eric 'EricDee' Prescott playing Stark (Siege): 2-1

Daniel 'Cha0s' Machado playing Targaryen: 2-1

Dave 'no-name' Arnold playing Martell: 1-2

Cisco 'Letum' Quesada playing Martell: 1-2

Randy 'Brain' Ksenzulak playing Baratheon: 1-2

After 3 rounds of swiss and a cut to the top 4, Joey 'Devastacia' Kreins emerged victorious (and undefeated). Eric 'EricDee' Prescott finished in 2nd place and Dan 'Cha0s' Machado took 3rd. Congrats to both Joey and Eric for their top finishes! Well done. cool.gif

also I am working on a redesign for our BayAreaThrones website. This is what I have come up with so far. Any feedback would be great. What are the things/features you would like to have on our site? Let me know...

38343_138580216171520_100000586279927_28

Hey everyone! Unfortunately I cannot make it again tonight. The littlest one woke up this morning covered in dried vomit, and now the wife is under the weather as well. Got responsibilities at home. Good luck tonight, and I promise I will get in lots of league games as soon as I can!

Lucas

Still 0-1

I know we rarely leave the house but please keep us in the loop! happy.gif

Does anyone know of a place i can get singles at?