Ironman's Bay Area - NorCal Meta

By cha0s2, in 7. AGoT Metagame Discussions

Anyone been playing at Game Kastle lately? It'd be great if Jeff at least could meet up with some people he doesn;t use as playtest victims, ermm, dummies, ahh, who have decks he hasn't built for them gui%C3%B1o.gif And our weekends are mostly clear for November if there's a to-do in the works.

Other than whining to my wife, I haven't been able to do anything AGOT-related since the night I played melee with Jeff and Scott. What was that, six weeks ago? sad.gif

Right now, my November looks busier than my October which is saying something, because I think I had one weekend day free in all of October. Weekdays aren't looking much better, either.

I think I will have a little more flexibility in my schedule after Thanksgiving, though. [Please!]

I'll take a look at that site Cha0s and be happy to try it out with you and see how it works.

After talking it over with Syd and a few guys from Sac (J Mac and Mr Letum), we all agree that a November tournament needs to take place. I will be glad to set it up with our local store (Black Diamond Games) but we are open to suggestions of other places for hosting it...Game Kastle? (depending on who will be there). Here is what I was thinking:

Thrones-Giving - A tournament celebrating our beloved Game of Thrones

Sunday, Nov. 29 (which is right after Thanksgiving...hence the name)

Format will be Joust (1v1) with probably 4 rounds and then a cut to the top 4 players. We will have tons of prizes and extra decks available for players to use if you are learning but dont have your own cards.

Anyone interested? Who thinks they 'can' or 'might be able to' make it?

I will be there and I think I can talk my brother-in-law into playing as well. So put down two.

I think it's a great idea -- but sadly, can't make it myself. llorando.gif

We have the day off and a grandma who would love to keep Zoey for us.

What if we changed the tourney to the beginning of December? Say Sunday, 12/06/09?!?!? That way Brent and Connor could come...

...and who knows, maybe even Deathjester could teleport to NorCal ( i know he is dying to play)...

@ Arma: Would this new date allow you to participate?

I appreciate your trying so hard to fit me in, I really do. I'm sorry that my availability is so limited.

Here's the full scoop on my schedule: I'm afraid all Sundays are non-starters for me, due to other obligations. As for Saturdays, I've reviewed my December calendar, and the only one that works is Saturday, Dec. 12. And even that Saturday would only work if we played at the Game Kastle, since my wife will be just 10 days out from our baby's due date, so I should stay close to home. (It also means I might have to cancel at the last minute if she were to go into labor, although none of our other kids have been born early, so I'm not too worried...)

And yes, for anyone who's keeping score at home, this does mean that Dec. 12 is my first day of availability since Oct. 24. and Oct. 24 was the first day of availability after Sept. 19. Maybe I should pick up this hobby again in 10 years????

Like I said, I'm very grateful that you guys are always willing to discuss alternatives to try to fit me in. That means a lot to me. I wish I could be more accommodating in return!

Hey All,

I just wanted to post a quick message to let everyone know about our upcoming Game of Thrones tournaments.

The first will be on Sun. 11/29 (which is 1 week from this Sunday) most likely around 12 noon at Black Diamond Games in Concord . The format will be LCG joust (1v1) and we will have cuts to top 4 players after 3-4 rounds.

The second will be on Sun. 12/6 (the week after the joust) also most likely around 12 noon at Black Diamond Games in Concord . This format will be LCG Melee (Multiplayer) and we will have cuts to the top table of 4 after 2-3 rounds.

We (myself and Syd) are going to try to get regular monthly tournaments scheduled from now on with an open invitation to players, so if you can't make it to these tourneys coming up, maybe you will be able to in the near future.

Hope to hear from anyone who is interested...

Is the tourney still on?

Looks like we won't be able to make it after all, maybe we'll catch the next one. Have fun.

We're sorry you couldn't make it yesterday! But no worries, the one next weekend should be even bigger! 8-10 people if you come up, so it's well worth the trip if you can manage it. Hope to see you both (and others from the South Bay?) next sunday.

Syd

Well the turn out on Sunday was less than optimal (6 players) so we scratched the Melee and played a Joust instead. Since we got a late start (we were waiting for more people...) we only ended up playing 3 rounds. This was the House breakdown:

Stark - 1
Lannister - 2
Baratheon - 2
Targaryen - 1

Here are the results:

1st Place= Jim (LaughingTree) playing Lannister 3-0

2nd Place= Jon (J Mac) playing Targ (Summer) 2-1

3rd Place= Dan (cha0s) playing Baratheon 2-1

Congrats to Jim on his Win!

P.S. We will be hosting another tournament in January to celebrate the arrival of the Martell set! It will be after all the holiday madness so I expect everyone to do their best to be there! gui%C3%B1o.gif Stay tuned...

Hey everyone! We are going to be starting up regularly scheduled tournaments at our local store, Black Diamond Games in Concord. The plan is to have events on the first weekend of each month (probably Sundays, but that could change). We are planning to have our first tournament of the New Year on January 3rd. We want to gauge how many people are going to be in town and available to play. The play group is really friendly, and we welcome new and interested players.

If there is not enough interest or availability that close to the new year, it will probably be postponed a few weeks. BUT, if you want to play please let us know, because we have a dedicated core of people who are ready to get things going! Just post in this thread to let us know what your plans are. As soon as we have enough interested player (6-8) we will post the tournament detailsbut it will most certianly be an LCG only environment.

Happy Holidays!

Syd and the rest of the Iron Bay Meta

I'll probably still be in town on the 2nd, but not on the 3rd. But, as I am not a regular member of the "cool guys who actually have people to play AGoT with" club, I understand fully if my vote does not persuade you to change the date :)

I think Sat. is better for me too! gui%C3%B1o.gif

(lol I could make it either day...but ssshhhhh-dont tell)

Khaleesi, Freerider...speak up! We really really want you both to be able to make it.

Sorry guys, we were gonna come up for that last event and then I got wiped out by a rather nasty cold I'm still only just getting over. As far as I know neither date is any better or worse for us but Khaleesi is the better one to confirm scheduling with. I'll let her know she should check our schedule and post.

In more important news though: I asked her to marry me and she said yes corazon.gif

Freerider said:

In more important news though: I asked her to marry me and she said yes corazon.gif

Congrats to both of you!

Freerider said:

Congratulations you two love birds! We must start the arrangements for the Red Wedding -> sorpresa.gif

My advice would be to skip the whole ceremony and get hitched in Vegas (its cheaper and arguably just as fun)

Congratulations! So happy for you both. Khaleesi, if I get invited to the ceremony, would I embarass you profoundly if I presented you with three painted "Dragon's Eggs" for a gift? Haha!

But seriously, let us all congratulate you both in person, at the tourney on the 2nd! We can even call it the "Red Engagement." But of course all the backstabbing and slaughtering will be completely contained in cardboard.

Once more time, CONGRATS!

cha0s,

Please email me the info again on the Jan.2 tournament. My email is weird I guess I deleted that email by mistake.

Also, great turnout today, glad you and syd are recruiting, if we could get the other south bay players to come up for the tournament we could have a really good showing for the old deth jester comes into town.

Freerider said:

Sorry guys, we were gonna come up for that last event and then I got wiped out by a rather nasty cold I'm still only just getting over. As far as I know neither date is any better or worse for us but Khaleesi is the better one to confirm scheduling with. I'll let her know she should check our schedule and post.

nice! Congratulations!

Ya the nasty cold has been going around this year, I was wiped out a few days last week. Hope to see you all soon.

Our first tournament of the New Year is scheduled. Here is the info:

Christmas is just around the corner, then 2010! (Where are all the flying cars?) But seriously, what better way to bring in the New Year than to celebrate with New Thrones (the NEW Martells that is). That's right, House Martell is back and better than ever and we are having a tournament in their honor.

The idea is to have an LCG Melee (multiplayer) event including some deviously fun special rules to pay tribute to our friends from the south...no not Mexico > Dorne. (This may end up being a Joust if attendance is low...so bring a deck for both just in case)

This event will be held on SATURDAY (1/2/10) at Black Diamond Games in Concord, CA. It will start promptly at 11am and we will play 2-3 rounds, then cut to the top table. Since the format is LCG, all cards from the core set, clash of arms cycle (except Jaqen and Pyro. Cache), ravens cycle, kings landing cycle, kings of the sea expansion and of course the new Princes of the Sun expansion are legal.

If you have questions about this event please contact Daniel (cha0s) via email at [email protected]

Hope to see you there!

Also (by popular demand) we will be holding another tournament on the following weekend. The details have not been ironed out yet, but if you can't make it on the 2nd and think you might be able to play the following weekend shoot me an email with your date preference. gran_risa.gif