Ironman's Bay Area - NorCal Meta

By cha0s2, in 7. AGoT Metagame Discussions

jUsTiN "ONE EYE" said:

hey johnny... i figured it out man :)

lol... You're on it! Good seeing you man.

i want our league to finish guys! **** kids are laggin'... i'm tryin' to win a mat hopefully!

Seriously, who is running this thing anyways?...cricket, cricket

i did it... :) i got my mat!!!

Just wanted to drop you guys a line and send some e-love up to the bay! Hope everyone is doing well... and CONGRATS Justin on the playmat! Hopefully it was as cool as our pink one with the custom, one of a kind logo. gran_risa.gif

Hi guys! Just wanted to by and say 'ello. The wedding has been moved up to President's Day weekend in Vegas so life should soon become "normal". We just booked our Kubla rooms. Anyone else?

I'm not sure if I'm staying at the hotel this year or not, but I will most likely be at Kubla.

KUBLA!!!!!!!!

And also, congrats on the upcoming wedding happy.gif

Buried in Snow? Dreaming of Spring Break already? Have you been eyeing the AGoT LCG and want to see what it’s about? Or, did you just pick up the game, and are ready to meet others who play?

Our local group is going to be running a Thrones tourney and Demo at Kingdom-Con 2011, April 15-17th.

The convention will be held at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Hotel Circle, San Diego. (2270 Hotel Circle North, San Diego)

This is a newer Con that our local buddy has been running the past couple of years. It’s small, but our local meta should produce ~7 players. With NorCal players and people who might be interested from the LA area, we’re pushing to have at least 12. The website for the Con should be up soon, but I thought I’d get the word out early.

The Melee will be on Friday night at 7pm, followed by the Joust at 11am on Saturday. Sunday (and any other down time) will probably consist of demos, shenanigans, etc. There will be extra decks floating around if you are cardless and would still like to participate.

Please see the Support page for tourney rules and FAQ information.
http://fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite_sec.asp?eidm=10&esem=4

I'm coming to Black Diamond this week people!

Is there a playgroup in the East Bay (Berkeley/Oakland Area) that meets regularly?

I am looking to get into this game from the ground floor and have questions...

Should I start with the Core set and do I need more than x1 for a playset of cards?

Where can I find information about how houses work in the LCG, including focuses and playstyles?

Is there a search engine in the format of L5R Legendary or the Call of Cthulhu database? -yes, I play those and embedded links provided

Is there anything else that would be helpful for a new potential player to know?

I know the East Bay group meets out in Walnut Creek at Black Diamond Games on Thursday evenings. Not sure on the exact time.

Had a great time last night guys! And to the new players rock on! I really appreciated Black Diamond Games having almost every chapter pack I needed to get caught up. Only two King's Landing cycle packs and I'll have one of each now!

So I showed up at BDG last night to play with the much hyped group out there. To my surprise there were no Thrones players. Just a lot of Magic players. What a bummer.

EviLaz said:

So I showed up at BDG last night to play with the much hyped group out there. To my surprise there were no Thrones players. Just a lot of Magic players. What a bummer.

I replied to your other thread letting you know no one would be there this week. Also added you to the facebook group where people posted they wouldnt be there. Guess it didnt get to you in time. We have a convention this weekend in brentwood, so everyone took this thursday off.

Fieras said:

EviLaz said:

I replied to your other thread letting you know no one would be there this week. Also added you to the facebook group where people posted they wouldnt be there. Guess it didnt get to you in time. We have a convention this weekend in brentwood, so everyone took this thursday off.

Yeah, I guess I missed it. Nice store though. I also picked up the last two chapter packs. I might make it next week to the store. It's that or karaoke with a lady friend. I'm leaning towards the karaoke atm. We'll see what is up!

I know some of us won't be making it this week, since we just played all weekend. Keep tabs on the status in the facebook group.