mushu loophole

By comdieguy, in Rules Discussions

recently i have been running a mushu worldrush. i have been abusing the text on areil which states when you lose life discard her from your freind area to prevent up to -3 hp depending on the level. so when i pay life to mushu i can pay more then i have by pay in chunks and prevent the lose of life. along with the rulings i have recieved on mush abailty being magic damage so multiple worlds like wonderland 2 and aragbh 3 plus wisdom form i have pumped mushu up to a easy 42 support vaule. but i was wondering if this is possible along with any insight you can give me on my idea.

Wisdom and the World card's doubling effects double MAGIC damage.

MUSHU DOES NOT DEAL MAGIC DAMAGE.

ive gotten a ruling on this already its a magic card with an affect that +x is consider magic damage. i also have a ruling stating that wisdom + doulbing worlds egual a start of times 3 for that magic type. and that was not the question i ask. i want to know if i pay the life to mushu can i discard areil and still get the power. also if people thought this was a clever idea.

comdieguy said:

ive gotten a ruling on this already its a magic card with an affect that +x is consider magic damage. i also have a ruling stating that wisdom + doulbing worlds egual a start of times 3 for that magic type. and that was not the question i ask. i want to know if i pay the life to mushu can i discard areil and still get the power. also if people thought this was a clever idea.

I'd like to see this ruling ¬_¬

Decided to check Ariel.

It looks like you can discard her to ignore damage, aye.

However: Mushu does not deal Magic damage. EVER.

Trothael said:

Decided to check Ariel.

This is correct....I don't know who gave you the ruling Mushu is magic damage....but they be wrong...Mushu has never been Magic damage...he's only magic when he's in your deck or hand...he's a friend on the field and this is when he would be adding support, not dealing damage.

WayToTheDawn said:

Trothael said:

Decided to check Ariel.

This is correct....I don't know who gave you the ruling Mushu is magic damage....but they be wrong...Mushu has never been Magic damage...he's only magic when he's in your deck or hand...he's a friend on the field and this is when he would be adding support, not dealing damage.

Dankeshan for the back-up.

I can see how through human intuition you'd accidentally confuse it for Magic damage...but claiming you've got a ruling on it (When arguing with an ex-mod/rules-maker nontheless) is either stupid or whomsoever gave you the ruling is an idiot.

plus wisdom form says magic damage DEALT during the BATTLE so you why would Mushu get double?

Q: Is the effect of "Mushu" doubled on a World Card that doubles Fire effects?
A: Yes. The amount of Support Power will be doubled, but the HP loss will not be.

i think this is what he meant or got confuzzled about..

you would get the double support for his effect when on wonderland but not for the wisdom form.. and yes you can use ariel to negate the damage. so -3 hp for mushu and negate the hp damage with ariel will give mushu +6 for 0 hp. but its just support value not magic damage.

first off trothael why do you have to talk like im an idiot i really dislike and ive read other forum post with u in them and you talk like this to everyone i find it to be unnessecary. i got the ruling for wisdom plus doubling world from a freind its on here some where and i got the magic damage ruling from him to its on here some were to so go find them till them i just wantd to know if i got my support value for mushu if i cure potion the life with areil. i have that answer now so good day

comdieguy said:

first off trothael why do you have to talk like im an idiot i really dislike and ive read other forum post with u in them and you talk like this to everyone i find it to be unnessecary. i got the ruling for wisdom plus doubling world from a freind its on here some where and i got the magic damage ruling from him to its on here some were to so go find them till them i just wantd to know if i got my support value for mushu if i cure potion the life with areil. i have that answer now so good day

Why do I talk down to everyone? Because I'm your friendly neighbourhood troll. Put up with me or get out :D Thank you and have a nice day.

comdieguy said:

First off, you seem like an idiot when you do not type properly. That is how I see it. As from getting your ruling from a friend, the best OFFICIAL place for a ruling is here. A friend is a good source, but not always the best. So please, always ask here on the forums if you have a question. Finally, no, I do not think you are an idiot. Just type properly, and I am happy.

Why do I talk down to everyone? Because I'm your friendly neighbourhood troll. Put up with me or get out :D Thank you and have a nice day.

Trothael, with all due respect, telling someone to put up with you is not behaviour I would expect from an ex-mod of the Kingdom Hearts forums. I respect all the work you do with rulings and helping with decks. Saying this I feel discourages players from playing. One of the reasons I do not like playing Yu-gi-oh is because of such things being said, and sometimes why I feel I do not want to continue with Pokemon as well. I do not mean to starting and wars on the boards, however, I do feel that this needs to be said.

Finally, lets all get along, ok? No looking down on other players or anything else. On this board, we are all equals. We are all players of the Kingdom Hearts TCG. As for the Mushu ruling, the only thing I can recall is the effect on a doubling world. I have not seen anything from anywhere else in regards to wisdom form. All I get from Wisdom Form is that Magic Damage is doubled, not magic effects, where as the doubling worlds usually state a magic effect. That is my two cents on the mushu loophole.

Ah man this looks a job for me, someones been accused of being a jerk, the accused party replies with something stupid, and now a third party tries to restore order! I smell another thread lost to a pointless argument!

i dont care about typing or spelling and there is a ruling on the forum for wisdom form and i assume that when i get rulings from my freind he got them from the forums. but thank you any way. i got what i wanted from my ruling.

Jayce_Ryu_Tismotto said:

Trothael, with all due respect, telling someone to put up with you is not behaviour I would expect from an ex-mod of the Kingdom Hearts forums. I respect all the work you do with rulings and helping with decks. Saying this I feel discourages players from playing. One of the reasons I do not like playing Yu-gi-oh is because of such things being said, and sometimes why I feel I do not want to continue with Pokemon as well. I do not mean to starting and wars on the boards, however, I do feel that this needs to be said.

Just refer to the first line of my signature and then repeatedly read the last four lines over and over again.

so just to wrap things up

1. Mushu gets double the support is on lvl 2 wonderland but not wisdom form

2. with ariel out you can pay up til -2 of your life (assuming you have the one that prevents -3) because if you pay anymore you are at 0 or negative which means you lose.

did i miss anything?

trothael you have to be the worsst deaf-mute ever cuz you just cant let it go, if you really didnt want to have any stupid conversations youd stop responding to him

Anarchy_In_The_Galaxy said:

trothael you have to be the worsst deaf-mute ever cuz you just cant let it go, if you really didnt want to have any stupid conversations youd stop responding to him

Refer to first line.

elstevo said:

so just to wrap things up

1. Mushu gets double the support is on lvl 2 wonderland but not wisdom form

2. with ariel out you can pay up til -2 of your life (assuming you have the one that prevents -3) because if you pay anymore you are at 0 or negative which means you lose.

did i miss anything?

I think you have that pretty much on the dot. Wisdom form only targets the magic cards damge themselves, while the worlds themselves target the effects of the cards.

yea that is if you have 3 hp which in a deck like this im running 5 tinkerbells so u can pay and discard multiple areil to make him pretty big for -0hp

everytime you respond trothael you just back my point of how bad of a deaf mute you are...but hey there are other disabilities im sure you can fake easily give blindness a shot

everytime you respond trothael you just back my point of how bad of a deaf mute you are...but hey there are other disabilities im sure you can fake easily give blindness a shot

2/10

rating my post is so stupid you deserve your own rating for it! How stupid was it? 10/10 for a complete lose of intellegence

rating my post is so stupid you deserve your own rating for it! How stupid was it? 10/10 for a complete lose of intellegence

By constantly responding to him like this, you only show your own lack of intelligence

...why can no one on the internet understand this concept?

The rating is yet another reference which you don't get. lolitrolu

WayToTheDawn said:

By constantly responding to him like this, you only show your own lack of intelligence

...why can no one on the internet understand this concept?

If people on the intertubes understood that concept, then people like me would be very, very bored. It's quite shocking that people are culpable enough to fall for these things repeatedly and so long as these people exist then so will internet-trolls to get as much lulz out of them as possible. I personally enjoy stirring un-necessary conflict when I'm bored, which is why my current signature says what it says, and even though I'm advertising what I do, people still fall for it.