Aspiring Overlord Tips?

By Hawknight, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

Nice those are some sweet tips. I will begin using kobolds very very soon with my new expansion, and the whole idea of spawning the ones that makes trap cheaper out of the way is a great idea, i am totally going to do that.

I have never tried trash talking to any of my players, I have never trashed talked anyone, but man it sounds like a good time to see who bite...actualy...i think i know who will bit and it is the lowest armored hero :)

Most players forget one simple, but essential aspect:

Close doors!

If you close doors, the heroes will have to re-open it. This will cost them two more movement points AND you can play another trap-card on that door.

(Of course, this will only work if at least one of the heroes has to go through that door. But imagine a group entering a new area – and not all of the heroes have walked through the door. Closing the door will be the simpliest way to split up the heroes group.)

In the most cases, some monsters have more movement points in their turn than they really need, especially the pretty-fast skeleton-archers. So use that movement points to close doors again. And perhaps, if the heroes don`t open that door in their next turn, the spaces right behind the door will be the perfect place to play your next spawn-card.

Graf said:

Most players forget one simple, but essential aspect:

Close doors!

Good call, i just realized this a few games ago, and it does work out pretty well. I need to keep that at the front of my mind more, always seeing a door as a potential spawn point, thanks.