Diz!!!

By GTrogi, in Rules Discussions

I could see it being premanent with only 3 Soul Eaters verus Valor Form with a premanent Soul Eater, Riku needs something to give him a chance.

Yeah that's true, I just can't wait until final form sora along with cloud n sephy comes out! >.<;; those r the boxes where I'ma go frenzy with lol but yeah now I know one reason why Diz will probably permanent, Thnx Roxas! :D

Yet still no official ruling, people?

I would be reasonably happy if the effect were errata'd to to read something like:

"...As long as this card remains in play, Riku gets +1 for each counter removed by this effect"

That way, it has an obvious, exploitable weak point but is still worthy of SR status, not to mention still pretty playable, anyone agree?

Raikiribokken said:

I would be reasonably happy if the effect were errata'd to to read something like:

"...As long as this card remains in play, Riku gets +1 for each counter removed by this effect"

That way, it has an obvious, exploitable weak point but is still worthy of SR status, not to mention still pretty playable, anyone agree?

Also, the effect wouldn't be stackable, so people wouldnt need to be afraid of a 50 atk mega Riku.

(Sorry for the double post, my computer can't, apparently, edit posts due to something popping up called "desktop smiley"

It wouldn't be impossible. Just use more Fairy Harp.

Yeah there are always ways to get around things....you make it sound like Riku would own at aggroing if Diz effect is permanent lol. Sora is no doubt the best aggroing(with valor) since you got like a non-stop soul eater at your disposal and once ur opponent beats you once and valor gets discarded, you can still eat your opponent's HP with kingdom key equipped. It just takes alot of strategy for you to effectively switch modes, and since their are lots of ways to get rid of your opponent's friends(cuz of set4) and the event cards and stuff; most likely before they can pull out Diz, you'll be able to kill them in like 2-3 turns. Sora valor is a mad beast right now on munching HP away...and you also got cards like Goofy to search your deck for valor. Riku don't have none of the searching abilities so it would be harder to do...except the king but everyone can use the king.

Not to mention Mickey the Player from the Japanese set with 30 ATK off the bat...they need fire power.

well, the official ruling is up -_- (check out Waytothedawn's topic)

turns out Diz is crap... but at least he comes out with a hefty 7 support. Don't know why anyone would wanna waste his counters on anything else by giving them to riku, unless you're exactly 1 point short on a battle and you dont wanna waste Diz by putting him on the battle.

OVERALL... Diz is just a shiny Phil... without the godly anti-WR effect

Yeah I checked, and my smile for my Riku deck became a upside down smile, but Diz can help out in a certain way...sniff. rofls, but I'm pretty sure there will be other cards to back Riku up in future sets...unless he turns out like Ansem player card in the future. #_# sigh Riku deck...I want to know what advantages set4 gave us for Riku only T.T lol.(not cards that can help overall...just cards that can benefit Riku? o_O; ;) and attack is +1 higher than Phil, if not using the counters, so attacking wise it's a bit better but everyone has Phil in the deck. He's a necessity to stop magic! :o

I just hope that Riku gets SOMETHING to make him match up against Sora in future set's. The form changes are just waaaaay to nasty for him to get over them.

*Hoping for a dark Riku transformation that has something to do with Soul Eater searching or Way to the Dawn equipment*

Raikiribokken said:

I just hope that Riku gets SOMETHING to make him match up against Sora in future set's. The form changes are just waaaaay to nasty for him to get over them.

*Hoping for a dark Riku transformation that has something to do with Soul Eater searching or Way to the Dawn equipment*

My namesake equipment is amazing guys...along with the Riku they'll release that gets special effects when WttD is equipped to him.

Don't worry, Riku will get his day to shine again...let's let Sora have it for awhile.

Okay...*Puts Riku Player card along with SE's inside treasure box.

WayToTheDawn said:

And as you all know I'm glad to see Tink spamming leave.

Also, The Way to the Dawn Keyblade equipment will completely put the last nail in the coffin as it's text says something like:

"You may discard a card from your hand to negate and discard one HP Gain card played by your opponent."

Hey Dawn, just out of curiousity where did you read this? Do you also know special effect of riku and the support value of the equip card? XD

a member of the old Heart Forums used to play the Japanese Version of the game and did a bunch of translations for us.

Here's the exact text of Way To The Dawn and KH 2 Riku.

WAY TO THE DAWN
+4/+0
This card can only be Equipped on a Player/Light "Riku." If you win a Challenge, your opponent's HP is reduced by an additional 1. During either player's Action Phase or during a Challenge, if your opponent plays a card that increases his/her HP, you may discard 1 card from your hand to negate the effect of that card, and discard it.
Equipment

RIKU
Level 3, 6ATK, 0 Magic, 6HP
At the beginning of the game, you may equip 1 "Way to the Dawn" onto this card from your deck, then shuffle your deck. If a "Way to the Dawn" is equipped on this card, draw 1 additional card during your Draw Phase.
Player/Light

Holy mother of all, Riku is pimp! I will get frenzy on the next set when it comes out since Riku is pro lol. I wonder what the Final form sora and Cloud and Sephiroth's effects are gonna be rofls

I remember that. ether Riku and Way to the Dawn or Master/Final Form or Mickey the Player decks will be the ones to beat. (personally I think we all all so screwed with Mickey The Player being in play)

sungtrs said:

Holy mother of all, Riku is pimp! I will get frenzy on the next set when it comes out since Riku is pro lol. I wonder what the Final form sora and Cloud and Sephiroth's effects are gonna be rofls

Ask and you shall recieve. ^_^

CLOUD
Level 3, 7 Support, 3 Magic
This card has +3 Support Power during a Battle.
Friend Card (Foil)

SEPHIROTH
This card has +3 Support Power during a Challenge.
Friend Card (Foil)

SEPHIROTH & CLOUD
Level 5, 19 Support, 5 Magic
Play both card #30 and #31 at the same time, and once put into play, is treated as 1 card. Discard all Friends in play other than this one. You don't have to discard this card as a result of a Battle or Challenge. This card can't be discarded as a result of an opponent's card effect.

SORA (FINAL FORM)
Player/Light/FC
Level 5, 20 ATK, 6 Magic
This card is played on top of a "Sora" by discarding 7 of your Friends in play, as well as your entire hand, and at that time, discard all Dark Cards in play. You can equip up to 2 Equipment cards on this card. This card can't participate in Challenges, you can't play Level 1 or lower Worlds, but you may Battle and play Worlds 2 times per turn. If you play a Friend card (including Magic/Friend), this card is discarded.

WayToTheDawn said:

sungtrs said:

Ask and you shall recieve. ^_^

CLOUD
This card has +3 Support Power during a Battle.
Friend Card (Foil)

SEPHIROTH
This card has +3 Support Power during a Challenge.
Friend Card (Foil)

SEPHIROTH & CLOUD
Level 5, 19 Support, 5 Magic
Play both card #30 and #31 at the same time, and once put into play, is treated as 1 card. Discard all Friends in play other than this one. You don't have to discard this card as a result of a Battle or Challenge. This card can't be discarded as a result of an opponent's card effect.

SORA (FINAL FORM)
Player/Light/FC
Level 5, 20 ATK, 6 Magic
This card is played on top of a "Sora" by discarding 7 of your Friends in play, as well as your entire hand, and at that time, discard all Dark Cards in play. You can equip up to 2 Equipment cards on this card. This card can't participate in Challenges, you can't play Level 1 or lower Worlds, but you may Battle and play Worlds 2 times per turn. If you play a Friend card (including Magic/Friend), this card is discarded.

These cards are sweet! man thats pro >.<;; lol

Wait so, there is a separate card besides Cloud and Sephiroth card that's a lvl5 card for Cloud and Seph?! I wonder if that would work for the lvl4 cloud and lvl4 sephy...>:F

Final form is cool but it can't participate in any challanges...so would it be discarded when he is challenged?! O_O any who, I'm gonna ransack these boxes which contain these cards, which is presumed to be in set after BoD correct? :D

Roxas said:

I remember that. ether Riku and Way to the Dawn or Master/Final Form or Mickey the Player decks will be the ones to beat. (personally I think we all all so screwed with Mickey The Player being in play)

Well...I guess it depends also on how much HP mickey has?....hopefully....rofls but I'm pretty sure they will also come out with cards to counter with that...hopefully.

I has all those in card scans on my little flash drive! lol They look uber cool too.... Maybe not Final cause he looks just like wisdom and valor how they put it except color change lol

your so lucky >.< lol i wanna c dem pics! > :D

sungtrs said:

Roxas said:

Well...I guess it depends also on how much HP mickey has?....hopefully....rofls but I'm pretty sure they will also come out with cards to counter with that...hopefully.

I dont think it will matter much since it has 30 Atk.

Mr. Dawn do you remember Master Form?

Indeed I do sir. Knew I should have posted this with Final , lol.

SORA (MASTER FORM)
Player/Light/FC
Level 4, 9 ATK, 4 Magic
This card is played on top of a "Sora" by discarding 1 of your "Brave Form" or "Wisdom Form" in play, along with 3 cards from your hand. If this card wins a Challenge, reduce your opponent's HP by an additional -1. You can play up to 2 Equipment cards on this card. During a Battle only, the damage of Magic/Attack cards played by this card is doubled. Draw 1 card during your Draw Phase.

WayToTheDawn said:

Indeed I do sir. Knew I should have posted this with Final , lol.

SORA (MASTER FORM)
Player/Light/FC
Level 4, 9 ATK, 4 Magic
This card is played on top of a "Sora" by discarding 1 of your "Brave Form" or "Wisdom Form" in play, along with 3 cards from your hand. If this card wins a Challenge, reduce your opponent's HP by an additional -1. You can play up to 2 Equipment cards on this card. During a Battle only, the damage of Magic/Attack cards played by this card is doubled. Draw 1 card during your Draw Phase.

So it just combines Valor and Wisdom Form, interesting. Definitely going to be getting this for my Aggro deck (or one of them, as the other with be Riku and the last will be Roxas Organization Form)

Sorry to keep asking but do you remember what Nobodies and XIII Players were left to come out (including the Org XIII Roxas with Cloak?