Diz!!!

By GTrogi, in Rules Discussions

Ok, Diz reads:

(put into play effect): Place five counters on this card if "riku" is your player card. During each phase of your turn, you may remove one counter from this card to add +1 to your Player Card's Attack Value

now the question is: is this effect permanant? is riku +5 (if it lasts two turns) for the rest of the game or just until you challange next? seems fun if it is for the whole game

GTrogi said:

Ok, Diz reads:

(put into play effect): Place five counters on this card if "riku" is your player card. During each phase of your turn, you may remove one counter from this card to add +1 to your Player Card's Attack Value

now the question is: is this effect permanant? is riku +5 (if it lasts two turns) for the rest of the game or just until you challange next? seems fun if it is for the whole game

From what you've written for DiZ's effect, then yes, the increase to attack power is permanent.

muahahahaha Diz and riku combo rocks! :D

Until they come up with a card that destroys counters...

True...but by that time...they should have something to prevent the destruction of those counters XD

Well I guess Riku Aggro is still viable.

It seems to me like after playing DiZ a few times you could have like 20 something attack power just from Riku alone. Granted it will take you a while to get there, but it would be very difficult to win a challenge against a Riku who had time to build up to this.

Scary...

True lol that's why I still rather like to play with Riku than Sora right now XD

I believe this would be the case to start runnin a few Fairy Harps in a deck.

'RaWR!! I am a 20 attack, lvl 3 Riku!! 'N you, a lowly lvl 1 Sora!! Fear me!!'

'I play Fairy Harp.'

'.....dag friggitz!!'

Choitz said:

I believe this would be the case to start runnin a few Fairy Harps in a deck.

'RaWR!! I am a 20 attack, lvl 3 Riku!! 'N you, a lowly lvl 1 Sora!! Fear me!!'

'I play Fairy Harp.'

'.....dag friggitz!!'

*elbows Coitz in the shoulder* psssssst sounds like riku is the new WR staple. "i just lay waste to all your dark cards with my 9999999999 players attack value" :)

diz text says add a counter during each "phase" and you get 4 phases each turn so you play diz add +1 for the action phase then +1 for the challenge phase then +1 for the discard phase end turn. you start again add +1 for the draw phase add +1 for the action phase oh look hes out of counters play next diz then lather rinse repeat. Riku JoaT will be amazing. MY BRAIN HURTS FROM DECK BUILDING!!!!! lmao

wow i thought it's effect was for like once turn per phase....but hey if fairy harps are gonna become popular because of sora....olympia!!! rofls I would consider olympia more than fairy harps since...well, you will mostly be forcing them to use any means necessary especially when fighting riku now XD muahaha sora and riku is uping an inch and this set4 revolutionized the kh tcg! sephiroth isnt AS valuable for aggro anymore(depending on deck build). Same for cloud on WR(Auron i would consider more than cloud now...I feel ashamed to say that lol...). All those techniques with Auron and Sora can pack a fist full of bloodshed for dark WR. It just discards the heartless when used right regardless of how strong it is. but then again darkness also has somethin up their sleeves and well...yeah >.>

I don't know...as much as I want it to work like that...I'm not sure it's a permanent boost...

Yeah, a permanent +5 boost seems kind of broken to me..and with equipment and such :

Ecomics21 said:

Yeah, a permanent +5 boost seems kind of broken to me..and with equipment and such :

exactly...especially being able to do it three times? for a +15 permanent boost? add equipment on top of that as you mentioned...that's game breaking...so I think that's evidence enough that it's not permanent.

Yup, it's really OP.

But then there's also the OP Kingdom Key vs. Ansem thing....

Also, judging by other cards in this set, it kinda seems like the makers of the cards wanted to make all the new cards in this set to be totally OP so as to make the older sets obsolete.

We really need some rulings on these things right away.

Sluppie said:

Yup, it's really OP.

But then there's also the OP Kingdom Key vs. Ansem thing....

Also, judging by other cards in this set, it kinda seems like the makers of the cards wanted to make all the new cards in this set to be totally OP so as to make the older sets obsolete.

We really need some rulings on these things right away.

I'll send off an email to Jaffer first thing Monday (as he's not in on the weekends)...should have an answer come Monday afternoon.

The DiZ boost is worse than Ansem/Kingdom Key though just because Big Riku boost could take apart any deck, whereas Kingdom Key only takes apart one card (Ansem)...but I do see your point.

True, but Valor Form would still have a shot at him as Diz would take time to get all 3 and get going, It's much like a stronger version of the Dark Decks where the longer the duel goes the more the game tips in the other person's favor.

I hope they rule it so its not permanant, thats a whole nother number to keep track of :S I am not a fan of more book-keeping

GTrogi said:

I hope they rule it so its not permanant, thats a whole nother number to keep track of :S I am not a fan of more book-keeping

buy some dice. it's really easy.

Roxas said:

GTrogi said:

QFT

I already use a 20 sided dice to keep track of my HP.

Sluppie said:

Roxas said:

GTrogi said:

QFT

I already use a 20 sided dice to keep track of my HP.

Tinkerbell Overkill

My Aggro deck hates players like you.

Haha, if I was gonna WR+Cure spam a 20 sided dice wouldn't even be enough. But that's not as effective of a tactic as some people seem to believe... Although, I have to admit I've never tried Tinkerbell spam. But it doesn't seem like it'd keep up with the new Valor Form, Kingdom Key, etc. Tinker bell's +2 HP, minus the 2 HP damage you'll do with Valor Form = Gratz. You stalled it for one turn.

Looks like they finally gave Cure-spamming all the nerfs it really needed. Unless there's something I'm missing.

I just picked a 20 sided die because the HP track on the play mat goes up to 20.

And as you all know I'm glad to see Tink spamming leave.

Also, The Way to the Dawn Keyblade equipment will completely put the last nail in the coffin as it's text says something like:

"You may discard a card from your hand to negate and discard one HP Gain card played by your opponent."

Haha, I'm sure you are.

Yes, I used it for like... 3 decks out of the 10 or so that I've made. I have no idea how I got a reputation as a "WR player" when over half my decks have been Aggro.

well, IMO the ruling will either make DIZ THE chase card for this set, or just another crappy SR... I would be happy even if it just lasted like 3 turns or something (would be sweet if it was something like "Remove all boosts from riku when u win 2 challenges" or something to that extent

Well, I think it's just gonna be permanent >:{ lol (has nothing to back it up #_#; ;)