FFG is doing whaaaat...?

By deepsteve, in Midnight Chronicles

Anyone have more info on this? ie. Does it use live actors or CG? Is this done by the same people who do FFG's marketinbg/tutorial videos? Also, does this tie in with an existing game? If it doesn't, I'm sure we'll see a related game in the future.

This has actually been in production for a long while. I recall sometime last year or the year before they were trying to get SciFi (SyFy) to broadcast it. I think it's with live actors and special effects. They may have had a screening at Gen Con or Origins I think.

It's a movie based on their Midnight RPG setting. I'm hoping to see the movie sometime, but I'm already behind on my FFG purchases in games.

Now we just have to wait for a Dark Heresy/Warhammer/Rogue Trader movie...

One of the guys from FFG was up at Keycon as a guest a couple of months back. Here's a snippet from his bio:

Jeremy Stomberg joined FFG's sister company Landroval Studios in early 2006, doing preproduction work on sets and props for the Midnight Chronicles television pilot (based on FFG's roleplaying game "Midnight"), moving on to FFG after a few months.

If you google Landroval Studios, and go to their IMDB - you find:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1079372/

Well, I am glad we'll finally get to see this. I remember watching the trailer last year.

I lost my job in February and made a point of not visiting FFG, because rent won't pay itself. And now I finally return (for Descent, Arkham and Percevan) and see the banner.

This is beyond awesome. I'm a fan of old TSR settings, and modern stuff just doesn't compare - except Midnight of course.

sepayne7l said:

I'm hoping to see the movie sometime, but I'm already behind on my FFG purchases in games.

I'm waaaay behind on my FFG purchases in just about anything, but I'm totally buying the movie the moment it's released (don't want preordering now since the unstable exchange rate can make me lose some $130 in taxes). Now the question is, will there be any other Midnight releases?

For the Dark Heresy, I'd say leave that to GW. I'm more interested in seeing movies for FFother games like Descent and Battlelore. :) Mutant Chronicals would have been a better one for a movie but that product line got shut down.

Santiago said:

If you haven't been there yet- the official website is www.midnight-chronicles.com .

To answer a few questions-

The FFG video team got its start on Midnight Chronicles.

Midnight Chronicles is set in the world of the Midnight RPG- there is a new Midnight RPG adventure on the Midnight Chronicles DVD, set in the world of Midnight, with Midnight Chronicles locations and characters (which I think is pretty darn cool, I might even have to resurrect my D&D group and give 4th edition a try. Oh, and the Midnight core book is on the DVD as well.)

We did indeed screen an early edit at Gencon last year and I believe we'll be screening the final edit of the movie, as well as releasing the DVD at Gencon this year.

More Midnight? I can only speak for the movie- Midnight Chronicles was originaly constructed as a TV pilot and I can tell you there's a ton of stories waiting to be told in the Midnight world. (On the flip side: Midnight is but one world in the FFG universe.)

Thanks to the fans of FFG for making Midnight Chronicles and further movies possible.

-j

Santiago said:

good news for you Gw is working on an ultramarines movie as we speak

but midnight is a great background and i would love a 4th ed book for it if wotc let others @ the 4th licence (dont think theve OGL'd it) hope this takes off and syfy bring it out scifi & fantasy is geting more popular atm and a good dark setting like midnight could really sell well my only problem is its an american dvd so wont run on my british player if i spend a bomb to import it so drive through and pc 17" not 42" :( will have to do

I am a little bit sad myself that it appears the Midnight gameline has ended (I had to buy my core book off of Amazon), as the setting is one of the better ones (along with Ravenloft) and was a good choice for a movie.