News and Previews...

By Merlin Dex, in Wings of War

Color schems for WWII serie III are here !!! Just enjoy this new preview.

Very cool! gran_risa.gif

I've always loved the Yak-1 for its "Ugly Duckling" factor.

I have to add that the 4th mini will be the Ki.61 !

Merlin Dex said:

What's the theme for this pack?

A new boster pack with the famed SPAD VII fighter, French but used by many natios, and the Aviatik Berg D.I, one of the best Austrian fighters f WWI. For both are provided also cards for the wars that raged across Europe and around the Mediterranean from 1919 onward.

Merlin Dex said:

A new boster pack with the famed SPAD VII fighter, French but used by many natios, and the Aviatik Berg D.I, one of the best Austrian fighters f WWI. For both are provided also cards for the wars that raged across Europe and around the Mediterranean from 1919 onward.

I would go so far that I would say that Aviatik DI (or Berg DI when berg made it) where the best Austrian built plane of it's time. And SPAD VII where one of the best planes in 1916, it was fast and at least maneuvered very well at high speeds. Only problems was it's rather poorly armament, giving it problems against the Albatross DII and other German planes it was fighting.

Still, I am not so sure that the planes are a perfect themed choice since the Aviatik was made a year later but both are important planes that needs to be patched into the game. In a fight to each other the Aviatik would most likely win, many pilots said it was comparable to the SPAD XIII.

Fun fact: Boss of the SPAD company was Luis Blériot, the first man that flew over the English channel.

I think that the planes are very good choices and the SPAD shows us that they are finally starting to patch in more planes from 1916, the bulk of the Wow planes are from 1917 but a lot of the good dogfights happened over Verdun and Somme. And not to forget the war in the east.

I would however like some more Austrian and German planes from 1916 also. There are few models from the central powers before 1917 and at least an Albatross DII or a Fokker DIII (a Roland or Halberstadt DII would also work for me) and a Hansa Brandenburgh DI should be added soon to fight against the SPADs and Nieuports. And maybe a Russian plane too, I feel that the Russians in 1916 also deserves their own plane. They did of course have Nieuports so they are already playable.

I rather have those planes before the bombers, so we have the fighters in place when they show up. :)

Merlin Dex said:

Here are new previews about Balloon busters and WWII minis Serie 2 .

[sigh] Time to hie myself to my _WoW_ supplier and pre-order.... :)

Sweet!

I've really been looking forward to both Revolution in the Sky and Flight of the Giants !

With the former set (along with Last Biplanes ) I should be able to do the Winter War in Finland gran_risa.gif

So when do I get to hie myself to my _WoW_ supplier for the pre-order?

Merlin Dex said:

More news... More News... Every day !!!

Today : "Balloon Busters"

sorpresa.gif

Is this available somewhere in English?

Not yet...

Maybe this mounth according to Andrea...

Still need to be patient !

Too hard ... llorando.gif

Those look like "development" paint schemes rather than production. Can't wait to see the real thing!

Merlin Dex said:

Is it me or does that SE5 look a bit weird? The biggest Lewis gun I seen and something else with it just looks weird (could be the angle of the camera however).

The Pfalz looks a bit to plastic for me, like the Albatross DIII. The other planes looks fine though.

Thanks for the preview, Merlin :)

The gun doesn't really look that odd to me, and I think that the "plastic" quality is the result of the lighting and flash more than the models themselves.

They may also be "pre-production" models that don't have dull-coat over the paint.

They look great to me - and so does the Flight of the Giants box art.

schoon said:

The gun doesn't really look that odd to me, and I think that the "plastic" quality is the result of the lighting and flash more than the models themselves.

They may also be "pre-production" models that don't have dull-coat over the paint.

They look great to me - and so does the Flight of the Giants box art.

Really?

Lets compare:

se5.jpg

SE5a.jpg

The gun looks twice as big to me (and my players own both Reviresco and Red eagle SE5s and they look normal). The nose also looks wierd and the plane seems too long but it could be the angle of the picture, you wouldn't have one in profile of it?

Sweet! I'm very much looking forward to those. happy.gif