News and Previews...

By Merlin Dex, in Wings of War

Thanks, glad to hear that the next series of models are in the work :)

So series 5 will be 1915 then? Good, we could use some early war combat.

Looks really good, we are doing some talk about going into WW2 also... Keep up the good work, we want pictures ;)

Does anyone have a line on any new Belgion pilots being released as models?

Necronis said:

Does anyone have a line on any new Belgion pilots being released as models?

No, but if you plan to make a belgian campaign I have the following helpful page: www.baha.be/Webpages/Navigator/Belgian_Aviation_History/ww_i/WW1.htm It have everything, the number of planes, which planes and where they were based.

You would have to repaint the planes of course (camels and Spad VII), or use new tin planes. The decals can you find here: www.skytrex.com/ for £3 a sheet.

The hanriot HDI can be found as a model here (not sure if it has a deck however) www.tin-soldier.com/cgi-bin/ustorekeeper.pl . The Breguet A2 is similar to the B2 but if the model got an 3rd observer lewis pointing downward you have to remove it, and the same with any bombs (the A2 was the scout version but both Reviresco and skytrex have the bomber one.

The nieuport they talk about in 1916 in the 11, it is smaller than the 17 so you cant mod one from a Wow model, skytrex have in tin. The earlier 10 is impossible to find as far as I know, some of the other planes also.

The morane-saulnier is only avalible in a plastic kit from here: www.modelimex.com/Seznam.aspx

Actually is an Belgian-german campaign a great idea to play with your friends, but you will probably have to paint your planes yourself, I know only of 2 Belgian aces (but there might be more of course, I am not an encyclopedia) so you probably can't expect so much from pre paint Wow planes.

Good luck anyways :D

I know that Andrea will release a Coppens HD1 for WoW and an belgium hawker hurricane from the 2/I/2 ( maybe Paul SIROUX or VAN DEN HOVE D'ERTSENRIJK or DE HENRICOURT DE GRUNE)

Belgium hurricane

More news... More News... Every day !!!

Today : "Balloon Busters"

sorpresa.gif

Very good news indeed!

::Weeps a small tear of joy::

This game keeps getting better and better.

Thanks for all the info! I fly Belgian aircraft so I can keep track of my plane. I wish all the Goering pilots would do something about 3 identical planes on the table but thats just me being a dweeb. Found the roundels but couldnt quite match the tail colors.

5 Color schems for the next WoW minis serie (4) are here : WoW minis serei 4 preview

Enjoy !

Merlin Dex said:

5 Color schems for the next WoW minis serie (4) are here : WoW minis serei 4 preview

Enjoy !

Thanks. Great that we get the Rumpler, the Breuget is the number one allied plane I hate when I play german, twin observer guns just hurt that much....

Bishops SE5 is also a must for Wow fans, looking forward to get them :)

Excellent, excellent stuff!

I've always found the I-16 beautiful in an ugly sort of way gui%C3%B1o.gif

Merlin Dex said:

Thanks. The balloon looks pretty good :)

It does kinda mess up the altitude peg system however since it is so large and high up, or at least it looks so in the video. I wish there was another official set of pegs that were larger, which you could buy loose. Of course I also wish you could buy the regular pegs, a few of mine are broken now and I have only enough pegs for 10 players (we use more altitudes than 4) but a lot more planes.

I'll take 3 of them!

Great to see what's in the works! I couldn't tell if all 3 Hurricanes were British or not. I hope one was Belgian so I could continue my under dog motif from WOW.

Wow, the new series is getting me excited. Several Austro-Hungarian planes, yes? Altho from the painting schemes alone sometimes I cannot tell which planes were preferred by Austrians and which ones are German designs borrowed by Austrians.

Both Kaiser Empires (Austro-Hungarian Empire, German Empire) used the same dang cross of iron symbol, so it is difficult to distinguish nationality of plane.

moonbeast said:

Wow, the new series is getting me excited. Several Austro-Hungarian planes, yes? Altho from the painting schemes alone sometimes I cannot tell which planes were preferred by Austrians and which ones are German designs borrowed by Austrians.

Both Kaiser Empires (Austro-Hungarian Empire, German Empire) used the same dang cross of iron symbol, so it is difficult to distinguish nationality of plane.

Several? Aviatik DI is in (also called Berg DI when made by Berg). In earlier series is the Hansa-Brandenburgh CI (called UFAG CI in Wow, the small factory did a few H-B CI under license, dunno why Andrea calls all the planes that even if they sometimes called the license made planes after the company making them). Austria also used Albatross DIII (and DII but not any other models).

I havn't heard anything about a Phonix in the serie,or a Hansa-Brandenburgh DI. They are the other 2 logical choices for Austrian planes.

The easiest Austrian planes to spot have the weird pre printed cammo only used in austria, it looks very different from the Lozenge of the germans and was common. In jan 1918 did the german change from maltese crosses to regular and after that it is also easy to see the difference. However is it hard to see if a Albatross DIII from 1917 is german or Austrian. It also took some time to repaint all the german planes after they changed crosses ,adding to the confusion.