The Emperor's Tarot Project

By Tiger's Heart, in Fan Art

Hi Everyone

I just wanted to let people know that this project is entering the final stage: rounding up art/images for the cards.

The Full list of the cards and their meanings can be found at nationaldinosaurmuseum.com.au/tarot.htm including links to most of the completed cards, however the last few are on my DevianArt page and haven't been linked through to the Tarot page yet.

My Deviant Art page inquisitorminmi.deviantart.com/ has all the details on the cards and their specifications.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed so far, and please contact me if you would like to contribute.

Tiger's Heart

This project is something i would love to become reality in the end. But i couldn´t paint/draw if my life depended on it....can´t help you,sorry. If it required some html development, message me.

Whoa, I'm very impressed. Not just by the art or the project itself, but the complete reworking of the tarot for the Imperial version that's been done. I wonder if FFG could pick this project up and publish it with you guys. I know the Mage Tarot that white wolf did was a very cool item, and this is way more specific to the setting. Failing an official nod, I know enough folks in the printing industry to get a set or two printed off on real card-stock "for personal use only", though it'll be expensive.

Hmm, alternatively I could just make a flash application to do reading-layouts with the art once it's done. You know that would be pretty fast, if there's interest I could go ahead and start throwing that together with the art that's available, and put in just text with a generic filler image for the ones that aren't done (which could be quickly and easily updated). I would only do this with the approval of the project itself, if you'd like me to put something like that together, just have someone from the project email me at "laughing man zero {at} gmail {dot} com" (remove all spaces, of course) and we could discuss.

Cheers Ikkaan

As you can see my web-fu is very sad serio.gif , so if you can suggest how to improve the Tarot page I'd be very grateful - I just haven't leart how to use Dreamweaver yet.

Thanks Aureus!

We already have a basic computer layout program that's justwaiting for the image lists, but there's no reason not to try something else - check out the layout ideas CELS did at the bottom of the Tarot List, just above Inquisitor Minmi's picture. I'll check with the tech genius and see if we can throw it up as a sampler, especially as I have all the cards setup and just needing the images. I'll send you a pm as well so we can throw more ideas, but thanks for the enthusiasm. sonrojado.gif

Tiger's Heart

Just a quick note that I have uploaded all the Discordia Chaos Powers now on the DeviantArt site. inquisitorminmi.deviantart.com/

Of course, don't study them too much or the taint of heresy may be upon you.

Tiger's Heart

Aureus said:

Whoa, I'm very impressed. Not just by the art or the project itself, but the complete reworking of the tarot for the Imperial version that's been done. I wonder if FFG could pick this project up and publish it with you guys. I know the Mage Tarot that white wolf did was a very cool item, and this is way more specific to the setting. Failing an official nod, I know enough folks in the printing industry to get a set or two printed off on real card-stock "for personal use only", though it'll be expensive.

Do you have any idea how much red-tape would have to be cut with GW first? FFG have enough problems dealing with outside companies to get their stuff done without having to go above their station and print something they have no jurisdiction over.

Trothael said:

Do you have any idea how much red-tape would have to be cut with GW first? FFG have enough problems dealing with outside companies to get their stuff done without having to go above their station and print something they have no jurisdiction over.

I think it was the idea that it would be nice, that was the intent - but I think the "above their station" is not really the right phrase. FFG are doing a great job of producing all the items related to DH and now RT. If perchance they became interested in producing this as a real deck I'm sure everyone would be enthusiastic - but they have more than enough on their plate as it stands, so the project remains in the fan realm as it began.

Tiger's Heart

Those are just excellent well done gran_risa.gif

Their fantastic with you permision I'd love to download & print them so I can use them in my dark heresey games wish i had them for when i ran Illumination they would have been really usefull

The whole idea behind setting this project up was that people would be able to download the cards they liked to make their own decks. The artists have given permission to use their work for this purpose - which is why I am using art only under those conditions and that it includes reference to the artists' webpages as credit.

So feel free to download those that are now complete gran_risa.gif .

And it was playtesting Illumination and playing a psyker that had little to do at some stages that gave me the idea to create a proper Emperor's Tarot.

Hopefully I'll get some more cads completed soon, but the list and meanings are at least useable at this stage.

Tiger's Heart

Good of you to offer your hard work for free. The Emperor's Tarot would a be a great little knick-knack to have.

I suppose it might fall within FFG's card game remit if there are rules for some sort of solitaire game. Hopefully, not the Harlequin kind where your soul gets eaten.

Really though, the people to talk to are Black Library. They hold all the cards (literally) and would do a really good job of producing something of artefact quality. I'd refer through to the website but it's still down.

Thanks again!

Nice work!

This is pretty awesome, going to bookmark the page in case I want to use it haha.

These are so cool, very well done so far!!

gran_risa.gif

Thanks for the feedback :D

For those that haven't visited the DA gallery recently - there are many more beautiful cards up now, and I'm on the hunt for more art all the time...

I hope to get the tarot website updated with heaps of new stuff soon, and will link when that is done.

May the Emperor guide your Hands.

Tiger's Heart (aka Inquisitor Minmi)