Attention everybody attending UFS Worlds.

By Archimedes2, in UFS Off Topic

Who's gonna bring the Wii?

The bigger question is where and when would it even be set up?

An even bigger question than that is "Will anybody beat my Kirby?"

Archimedes said:

An even bigger question than that is "Will anybody beat my Kirby?"

I think it's safe to say I can in any smash game you're talking about ....

I dunno dawg, I play a pretty mean game of Brawl.

lol @ wii.

If you want to play on an inferior system ill bring my DC.

CvS2 > "mash" brothers

*flame suit on*

Won't gencon have some sort of gaming room set up? (Gaming as in video games not table top games) I would assume they'd have at least one copy of smash going all convention long. Just hope people brought their game cube controllers, playing with the wiimote is impossible.

Archimedes said:

I quit Brawl and I still think I can win....maybe it's all the practice and tournament experience against some of the best players in the world *shrugs*.

KawaiiMistress said:

Won't gencon have some sort of gaming room set up? (Gaming as in video games not table top games) I would assume they'd have at least one copy of smash going all convention long. Just hope people brought their game cube controllers, playing with the wiimote is impossible.

I dunno about you, but I'd rather hook up a Wii in a hotel room and have a bunch of UFS player crowd in for some after tourny games instead of having a bunch of SRS BSNS neckbeards staring over my shoulder calling "next" every time I lose a stock,

Heh, you have a point there. As long as you guys play fun brawl and not final destination with no items. That's lame brawl. :(

I'd vote to set up a PS3 instead with other fighting games but I doubt a hotel will provide a HD TV and who wants to drag that monster to the convention...however if they did, that'd be neat.

Archimedes said:

KawaiiMistress said:

I dunno about you, but I'd rather hook up a Wii in a hotel room and have a bunch of UFS player crowd in for some after tourny games instead of having a bunch of SRS BSNS neckbeards staring over my shoulder calling "next" every time I lose a stock,

^- troof.

happened to me at anime north with SF4, on the rare occasion that I got KO'd, I'd have like 6-7 mouthbreathers gangbanging each other for the chance to get on the PS3...

then again, I didn't lose a game, and only got KO'd 3 times over the course of probably 20 games, so I didn't have to deal with that so much as the people playing next to me.

Archimedes said:

If you use Kirby like you say you do, there is no such thing as a "pretty mean game of Brawl", only a "I know Kirby got better than in Melee, but he still sucks balls game of Brawl"

Also, I use Mr Game and Watch (as if my former username was not hint enough). I'm ready for ya =D

My room will be a Street Figher 4 zone...

**** where do i sign up at? lol im not that good at SF4 but i can def bring some drinks or something

KawaiiMistress said:

Heh, you have a point there. As long as you guys play fun brawl and not final destination with no items. That's lame brawl. :(

I'd vote to set up a PS3 instead with other fighting games but I doubt a hotel will provide a HD TV and who wants to drag that monster to the convention...however if they did, that'd be neat.

Well I think every Brawl that's not hacked is lame. If you want to take away what skill remained in Brawl after Sakurai was through with it though, and replace with luck and random factors that make actually playing an electronic game kinda pointless....well Candy Land may rely more on skill on this point really...

But seeing as this thread has some ground, I'll take mms against you guys in any smash game and Blazblue. Maybe SFIV, I'm not sure if I want to get back into it yet. Not gonna happen, but I'd like to get a refund on my trip in mms if I can't get a decent prize in UFS ^_^ ;;;;

i thought the hotels in Indy didn't have AV slots on tvs though. Hmmm we need someone to ask/scout ahead of time.

Wurm-Z said:

**** where do i sign up at? lol im not that good at SF4 but i can def bring some drinks or something

Haha I am terrible at SF 4 but I still like playing it even if I do get destroyed. I'll be the cheerleading section? xD

I'm sure I'll get knocked out of the tournament pretty early, would be cool to get some gaming going for those of us that don't make it to the top. .__.

DaiAndOh said:

Well I think every Brawl that's not hacked is lame. If you want to take away what skill remained in Brawl after Sakurai was through with it though, and replace with luck and random factors that make actually playing an electronic game kinda pointless....well Candy Land may rely more on skill on this point really...

If you're saying that Melee is a better game, you fail.

Melee's competitive scene was covered by only two characters: Fox and Falco. Wavedashing and L-Canceling

WEREN'T INTENDED, WERE GLITCHES, AND WERE THANKFULLY REMOVED FROM BRAWL

Let's clarify a few things about Melee.

Saying Melee was dominated by Fox and Falco is hilarious. Falco hasn't been 2nd on the tier list in forever. At Genesis, a huge melee tourny with 200+ from around the world, there was no Fox main in the top 9. Or was it 13? If anything, the game for awhile was dominated by Marth due to long championship streaks from Marth mains. And don't say was - Melee is very alive and kicking, and probably near the peak of its balance. This Brawl game.....quite a few people have wanted to ban a character...granted he doesn't deserve it, but that didn't stop Idaho, Italy, Texas, and a few other places from running Meta Knight banned tournaments.

Wavedashing is a physics exploit that was stated in an interview to be found before the game's release. It was kept because it "looked cool". Wavedashing is still apart of the physics in Brawl, but impossible in the normal game due to the lack of directional airdodge. When a melee airdodge type code was put into effect in Brawl, wavedashing was possible without any additional modifications. L cancelling, a FAR more important tech then wavedashing was 100% intentional, and was found on day 2 of the game coming out. It was based off of the actual glitch of Z cancelling in Smash 64.

What's Brawl's competitive scene based off? Meta Knight and camping. Why do I know all of this? Because I've been apart and still keep up with both competitive scenes on levels no one here has.

It's all about that Brawl+ now anyway.

KawaiiMistress said:

Wurm-Z said:

Haha I am terrible at SF 4 but I still like playing it even if I do get destroyed. I'll be the cheerleading section? xD

I'm sure I'll get knocked out of the tournament pretty early, would be cool to get some gaming going for those of us that don't make it to the top. .__.

yeah id be in on some hot SF4 action im actually pretty good at the game even though i play sagat and ive heard hes considered a cheap character : /

DaiAndOh said:

Ooh +s always bring good fortune. Explain?

Da_ghetto_gamer said:

KawaiiMistress said:

Wurm-Z said:

yeah id be in on some hot SF4 action im actually pretty good at the game even though i play sagat and ive heard hes considered a cheap character : /

Haha I can actually only use Sagat and not even that well at that. His EX moves are too fun to abuse. Even though he plays like the shotokon characters, I never got the hang of them...only Sagat.

Homme Chapeau said:

DaiAndOh said:

Ooh +s always bring good fortune. Explain?

Because Brawl is slow dull Metaknight or Campfest (sometimes both!) with barely any combos, members of the comp. community have used the cheat programs to create a faster, more exciting, and BALANCED game, closer to Melee with far less technical skill. NOT Melee 2.0 however.

Some Changes include:
NO Random Tripping. Tripping as part of an attack may be initiated.
Warioware and Pokemon Stadium 2 modified to be neutrals (don't change). Other stages have been frozen, or death boundaries changed.
Different character select and stage select screens. The character select screen also lets you pick the pokemon as separate own characters, or with the trainer (and no fatigue), as well as ZSS and Sheik getting their own slots.
More hitstun and gravity. Character momentum and fallspeed changes. AT LEAST 50% less lag on aerials with the exception of Game and Watch's Key. This alone made Falcon a good character!
Character specific move changes. For balancing purposes. Some include: A rest for Jiggs that's closer to Melee's in power. A shuttle loop and dsmash for Meta Knight that lack insane kill potential. Zelda's Din's Fire doesn't put her into freefall, nor does DK's Punch. Bowser's dthrow now does 16%, and the fsmash will KILL (and set people on fire lol).

Optional with hacking - Textures. Want to play as Kefka, Shadow, Freakazoid, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, a ninja turtle or even Obama? Want to fight at the Ancient Mew City, turn the snow on Yoshi's Island to Volcano Ash, or make Final Destination the trippiest thing EVER? Want 8-bit Megaman coming out of the assist trophy chasing metools? Textures can do this and more. Reskinning essentially.

And even further hacking, will let you replace the ingame music!

DaiAndOh said:

The character select screen also lets you pick the pokemon as separate own characters, or with the trainer (and no fatigue), as well as ZSS and Sheik getting their own slots.

I liked the gameplay of the Trainer :( ((((((((((

Homme Chapeau said:

DaiAndOh said:

The character select screen also lets you pick the pokemon as separate own characters, or with the trainer (and no fatigue), as well as ZSS and Sheik getting their own slots.

I liked the gameplay of the Trainer :( ((((((((((

OR with the trainer.

Aka you can still be the trainer. And the pokemon won't have fatigue so your opponent can't camp you till you go bottom tier.

In Brawl tournies, I've seed a lot more diversity than I ever did in my Melee days. If wavedashing and L-Canceling are to be intended parts of gameplay, they need to made to a balanced direction, and included in the game's manual as game mechanics, not just unchecked techniques that give certain characters an unfair edge that makes them completely better than most other characters because of this.

Bah, screw MetaKnight, totally down with him banned. I enjoy healthy tournaments with a balanced showing of Snake, DDD, G&W, Marth, Wario, Kongs, Lucario, etc, decent characters.

But hey, your Brawl+ sounds cool, not gonna lie. Any information as to how to obtain it?