The Legacy of Timmorran - Custom Campaign

By Zaltyre, in Descent Quest Vault Open Beta

A ll quests for "The Legacy of Timmorran" are now published! It's story is heavily influenced by the material in the introduction to "Runewars," and utilizes most expansions through "Guardians of Deephall."

Campaign Rules and Quest Tree (including travel symbols)

Links to individual quests in the vault:

Introduction:
Rallying Support

Act 1:
Puzzle Pieces
Loose Ends
Its Own Reward
Flames of Chaos
King of Dirt

Interludes:
The Wizard's Folly
Hired Swords

Act 2:
Blackwing Swamp
Under Fire
Knowledge is Power
Hot Blooded
With Friends Like These
Bones and Claws
Sunken Treasures
Transmutation

Finales:
Altar of Blood
**** on Earth

Complete quest guide (current version v3):
Full PDF on Boardgamegeek

All quests will be kept updated in the Quest Vault if you want to print out the most current versions.

Edited by Zaltyre

I can get behind some new quests and campaigns! Good job so far

I look forward to seeing this completed :) When I finish my Nerekhall campaign my daughter REAAAAAALY wants to do the Labyrinth of Ruin campaign (she loves spiders, and thus Queen Ariad as well), but after that, I'll give this one a try! Maybe the last few quests will be done by then as well :)

Edited by sigmazero13

I look forward to seeing this completed :) When I finish my Nerekhall campaign my daughter REAAAAAALY wants to do the Labyrinth of Ruin campaign (she loves spiders, and thus Queen Ariad as well), but after that, I'll give this one a try! Maybe the last few quests will be done by then as well :)

Thanks! I mean it when I say I expect all quests to be published in the next few weeks- if it's not all out by this time in April, you have free license to badger me about it.

As for a proper map/ quest log page, I don't have an estimate on that- I'd like to think I write quality quests (again, please provide feedback so I can improve them) but I have zero skill with graphics/ artwork- my plan is to keep the travel limited to icons and the quest log to text boxes with arrows for the time being (that is, I don't really have a plan.)

Edited by Zaltyre

I'm not a graphic designer, but I know my way around GIMP a bit, so if you send me the names of the 2nd Act quests and any special rules for how to resolve them, I could throw together a quest thing for it, if you want.

I could try to draw a map, too, but it would probably look pretty lame, since I'm not just modifying existing graphics.

That would be awesome, thanks! I'll email that info sometime (though likely it'll be next week- this one is exceedingly busy.)

Great.

When do you plan to finish it? I 'll draw a map and will make a booklet, if you do not mind ;)

upd:

Ahh, didn't see previous posts, sorry.

Ok, I still ready to laid out the booklet when it will be done.

Edited by OneOgre

OneOgre- I very much liked the map you made for my mini campaign- if you're willing to make another, that would be great!

OK- the rest of the campaign is up and ready! If you have suggestions for how to improve a quest, or play one that you really enjoy, let me know. Otherwise, have fun!

Just want to say thank you for putting this together. It's nice to see a campaign covering multiple expansions. And the back story element from Runewars is a really nice touch.

Just want to say thank you for putting this together. It's nice to see a campaign covering multiple expansions. And the back story element from Runewars is a really nice touch.

Thanks! I was a bit worried that including all of the expansions would be something people wouldn't like- but I'm glad you're enjoying it!

Thanks! I was a bit worried that including all of the expansions would be something people wouldn't like- but I'm glad you're enjoying it!

2nd that, I have been looking over them and they look great. Descent really needs quests that combine expansions and its good to see some quality quests to scratch that itch.

Thanks for making this!

After finishing Heirs of blood, we'll play this!

"Flames of Chaos" and "Loose Ends" have been adjusted after playing them a bit more.

A pdf of the whole campaign has been added to the file section of boardgamegeek, with a link in the first post. When there is a map, the file will be updated. Thanks!

Important change to "Transmutation," encounter 1. The effects of the frozen chamber and the lava pit cease when you remove the respective keys.

Rule clarifications, exploit removals, and some balancing tweaks have resulted in changes to a number of quests. A new version of the campaign has been uploaded to boardgamegeek. As always, you can get the most updated quests straight from the vault.

In the next weeks/months there will be significant changes occurring to a few of the quests in the campaign (mainly in Act 2). These changes will be posted first in the Quest Vault as usual, and when they are complete I'll upload another version of the pdf as v3.

If you have input on changes you'd like to see made to the quests, please let me know. Thanks!

"Hot Blooded" and "Hell on Earth" are the first revamped quests. In both cases, I was a bit too easy on the heroes when designing them.

Loved your work so much that I decided to try my hand as well. Unfortunately, after entering all the information for my first installment and hitting publish, nothing happened. Do I have to wait for it to be reviewed or something?

Loved your work so much that I decided to try my hand as well. Unfortunately, after entering all the information for my first installment and hitting publish, nothing happened. Do I have to wait for it to be reviewed or something?

See my PM.

Edited by Zaltyre

I have a 21 episode campaign planned. It would be a shame if i couldn't get the vault to work.

Here is my intended quest tree with working titles. the left branches are the result of overlord wins and the right branches are the results of hero wins.

Eight Legged Freaks

I

________________The Chase – Hunter hunted_______________

I I

Trapped! – Escape! The burrow – the rescue

I_____________________________________________________ I

I

______________ Darkness calls – In too deep_________________

I I

Lost - Found Brood – Nest

I__________________ Warning – Over run ___________________I

__________________________I____________________________

I I

Flight – Resolve Drive them back! – once and for all

I_______________________________________________________I

I

Return – the queen in her court

I have a 21 episode campaign planned. It would be a shame if i couldn't get the vault to work.

Here is my intended quest tree with working titles. the left branches are the result of overlord wins and the right branches are the results of hero wins.

Eight Legged Freaks

I

________________The Chase – Hunter hunted_______________

I I

Trapped! – Escape! The burrow – the rescue

I_____________________________________________________ I

I

______________ Darkness calls – In too deep_________________

I I

Lost - Found Brood – Nest

I__________________ Warning – Over run ___________________I

__________________________I____________________________

I I

Flight – Resolve Drive them back! – once and for all

I_______________________________________________________I

I

Return – the queen in her court

That looks like a lot of fun. Try the Vault now (or tomorrow)- whatever issue you had should be fixed (I was experiencing the same issue, but FFG support was awesome and handled it).

In the next weeks/months there will be significant changes occurring to a few of the quests in the campaign (mainly in Act 2). These changes will be posted first in the Quest Vault as usual, and when they are complete I'll upload another version of the pdf as v3.
If you have input on changes you'd like to see made to the quests, please let me know. Thanks!
"Hot Blooded" and "Hell on Earth" are the first revamped quests. In both cases, I was a bit too easy on the heroes when designing them.

Hey Zaltyre,

i would like to try your campaign, i see that you planned some changes and spoke about a V3 PDF.

Have your last changes been published ? or am i to wait some more time ?

I have not made all of the changes yet. Some of the quests (Hell on Earth, Under Fire, Hot Blooded) have been altered already. I still want to make (large) changes to Sunken Treasures, and a few smaller things as well. I'm not going to bother making a fresh pdf (v3) until it is all done, which I hope to be sometime during the month of May (but absolutely not this week).

If you're looking to start a campaign and have questions about a specific quest, I can let you know if there are changes pending that will affect balance, etc.

Edited by Zaltyre

hi,

are you currently working on the Campaign?

I saw, some of your Quest are missing. And are those Random Encounters part of the Campaign?