It's done.

By Doc9, in Star Wars: The Card Game

There is no way in Hoth they will reboot this to be another boring pick 50 best cards game. That would be crap.

Objective deckbuilding is an amazing innovation. Love it.

I'm pretty new to the game. A month or so in, I haven't played a single game yet, but I might actually get to play tonight with a friend using decks I made. There is only one other person I'm going to play with at my local store, and tonight is MtG night. Really trying to pump this game up, and the 'pod' system / LCG core of not having to buy packs like MTG hoping to get the chase card are the things that attracted me to the game.

Watching the tutorial and reading forums, this game really does have one of the coolest systems of all the SW ccgs going back to Deciphers CCG.

My ONE problem with this game as well as 40k is the lack of Free for all games...4+ players just playing a game going at each other at will...

Agreed and good luck tonight.

well, both players will be using my stuff...either way, i win : D

Lol

I'd love a game where I could always play Imperial decks. I don't like the unnecessary asymmetry of the game.

Even though this game is now officially/unofficially "done",(being facetious) I got to play this my first time this past weekend.

I had been curious about it as I have never played a strictly card game before (generally speaking, just not my thing) and found it to be pretty fun.

I don't plan on doing tourneys, but i'd still like to be competitive when playing against others.

So, with that in mind, are there certain expansions that would be considered critical/required to build and play a decent deck from either side?

Just a note: I'm somewhat invested in xwing and have fully bought into armada. I also have imperial assault and all of wave 1 but chewey and solo---I mainly play campaigns so not too worried about expansions there. Point being, I'm not going to be able to buy all expansions even if I wanted to do that.

Edited by Reiryc

The game isn't "done". No idea why anyone says that. plenty of stuff on the way.

Even though this game is now officially/unofficially "done",(being facetious) I got to play this my first time this past weekend.

I had been curious about it as I have never played a strictly card game before (generally speaking, just not my thing) and found it to be pretty fun.

I don't plan on doing tourneys, but i'd still like to be competitive when playing against others.

So, with that in mind, are there certain expansions that would be considered critical/required to build and play a decent deck from either side?

Just a note: I'm somewhat invested in xwing and have fully bought into armada. I also have imperial assault and all of wave 1 but chewey and solo---I mainly play campaigns so not too worried about expansions there. Point being, I'm not going to be able to buy all expansions even if I wanted to do that.

For a beginner I would get 2 core sets and 1 between the shadows (jedi scum deluxe box). That sets you up to play jedi and sith quite well. After that 2 copies of edge of darkness (smugglers and scum deluxe box) brings smugglers and scum up to strength. Then you can use sites like card game db to check what cards are in what packs so you know which ones you want to get. Eg http://www.cardgamedb.com/index.php/starwars/star-wars-card-spoilers

Also the best online community that I know for it is card game db so you can post there or here if you have anymore questions but this forum is pretty empty most of the time.

http://www.cardgamedb.com/forums/index.php?/forum/23-sw-lcg-general-discussion/

Edited by wrath87

Thanks for the post.

I agree, the game is far from done. Sadly, my sarcasm didn't translate well in my post. I'm not a big fan of the sky is falling type posts like the OP created.

So five boxes, 2 core, 2 edge of darkness, 1 between the shadows and after that, check that site for certain packs.

Thank you for the reply!