To The House of BaconCon!!

By AirCody, in UFS Tourney Reports

jasco games said:

Here's to answer the diversity question:

So I heard (no idea if this was true) that at Canadian Natinoals, they had 3 Chun Lee'S in top 8. So I figured the diversity rule did not apply in big tournaments any more. I also took a vote. There were two friends that would have been playing for 8th place. I just let them decide who would go on, the Fio, or the other guy. They decided two Fio's wasn't so bad.

In the rules, we judges also have the choice to apply diversity before hand anyway. But I don't think it was that big of a deal this time. I personally like the rule, so can take a vote and apply it next year if everyone is up for it. I think when mini block comes in, we probably shouldn't have diversity for that tournament just because there will not be many characters, but standard I will leave up to the players before the tournament.

Let me know what you think.

Jason

P.S.

Thanks for the reports everyone, I love it!

No that is not what happened. There were 3 chun li's in top 8 but then they were CUT. Matt Kohls and Nick both were cut from Can Nats while Mike Lowe made it in . The same thing happened at Nats where 1 Gill and Chun li were cut. There were other air decks like Mignon and Olexa but still were fronted by differernt character and boarding into Chun Li sometimes. So yes when ever a top 8 is enforced you apply diversity . As for asking peoples opinions not trying to sound like an ass but you enforce it no matter what they want to do its how it works. I mean would we have wanted Can Nats to 3 Chun Li decks and then 2 others decks that were very similar hell no . I know it was your first time hosting a big event Jason so no biggie just in the future especially with less character running around enforece diversity .