How I Dark Heresy

By Cogniczar, in Dark Heresy General Discussion

Very cool.

Thanks for sharing and nice use of roll20. Significant work adding in the rule handouts, I have a few key tables loaded as handouts for the same reason, but you take it a degree farther. Keep up the great work!

I am running an online game with some remote friends and we have just kicked off Dark Pursuits, though this time around I am leveraging Realm Works for the majority of the game information and roll20 for the tabletop.

PS: Was geekily excited to see the Character Sheet that I helped write in use.

Thanks Warklaw! You'll get to see more of that lovely sheet in action as I'll be screencasting my sessions. Look forward to the first few parts on friday!

Very nice! Your Photoshop skills always amaze me and your mastery of roll20 is noticeable.

I'm excited to see how you carry out the "sandbox" nature of DH, which can be accomplished a number of ways- my favorite being giving the acolytes a small area of dominion and tasking them to quell heresy within it (I used Reason's Discaterium Invisibilis setting, which is marvelous). You can definitely do a sector-wide sandbox, but I've always seen that as more of an Ascension level feat.

Color me interested!

I play with my group around a table, and I have on several occasions wondered how it is to play through applications like roll20 and similar. Thanks for sharing, it is very informative!

Shadow of the Imperium: OOC and Introductions

This is the pre-game rambling and character establishment.

Houserules used:

Rogue Trader to Dark Heresy 2nd Edition conversion (See houserules section)

Mortagon's Feast Macabre (Scenario based on this one, by Mortagon)

Edited by Cogniczar

Shadow of the Imperium: Session 1, Part I

The first part of our session

Edited by Cogniczar

and at last, the conclusion to the first session!

Results of the first session:

With the release of Eihort-Azeroth, the world of Namaah plunged into darkness. Days later, Imperial records go on to say, a warp rift opened, engulfing the world, and forming the Sixth Great Maelstrom. Few know the truth - the dread daemon was birthed into the world in a violent and cataclysmic event, ushering a new age of darkness in the once noble Mandragora Sector...

Yvonne Mengsk, Tempestor-Agitator of the late Inquisitor Hildenmund Marx, fled in terror during that fateful day. He bore witness to countless atrocities as the world became submerged by the raw powers of the warp. During those precious few days, Yvonne was forced to fight not only the legions of daemons that were released with the birth of Eihort-Azeroth, but his own sanity, as he clawed his way and found refuge aboard an escaping craft.

While the Angevin Crusade persists, civilizing and enriching the conquered worlds, news of this event is quickly suppressed. A year later, with the exterminatus of Phaenon Prime by the legendary warmonger Kobras Aquirre, the details of Namaah are near-completely buried beneath the more recent death of a world, and the attention of the sector government pressed to support the burgeoning war efforts in the Scarus and Calyx Expanse.

Next Session:

Act I, Canto I: The Genesis of the Phaenonites

Edited by Cogniczar

That's a lot of fun listening to. Thank you for sharing. I liked very much.

If it isn't it too much to ask, would it be possible to get informations on the future playercharacters (maybe even stats)? This would enable (at least me) to enjoy it even more.

You mean the player character sheets? Yes, I think that can be arranged. I'm very glad you enjoyed listening in! =D

Edited by Cogniczar

As an Addendum: character sheets are almost complete!

@_@,

I haven't even watched them all yet and I know why you haven't been replying as of late. Holy @#$% don't overwork yourself dude.