Official FAQ and Current Tournament Maps

By Fizz, in Imperial Assault Rules Questions

#faq #rules #fizzgrid

IMPORTANT NOTE: This thread is not meant for rules discussion. Please limit discussion to new threads in the Rules Forum.

Link to Official FAQ: (Effective 3-12-2018, Version 3.0)

https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/80/b6/80b64200-dfe6-4963-8eea-51e806b31d8d/swi_faq_v30.pdf

Link to Current Tournament Rules: ( Version 3.3, Effective February 5th, 2019 )

https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/97/34/97349cce-5abc-45c1-9a45-236c07b572e9/swi_tournament_regulations_v33_text_version.pdf

Current Tournament Map Rotation (Oldest map listed first)

• Uscru Entertainment District
  • Tarkin Initiative Labs
  • Lothal Wastes

Link to explanation of changes to Royal Guard, Imperial Officer and Rebel Saboteur:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2015/12/21/great-change-in-the-galaxy/

------

If you get rules answered directly from FFG and would like them added here, please send me a PM with the full text and I will add it.

Rules questions not yet on the FAQ:

** ) Jyn's Trick Shot can be used to establish LOS when interrupting to perform an attack , and can be used in conjunction with Jyn's Quick Draw ability.

** ) Abilities cannot be used by or affect incapacitated heroes.

** ) Jyn's Gunslinger ability: You can use both the surges from the pistol you attacked with, and any other pistol you brought to the mission. Remember that each hero can only bring 2 weapons to a mission, however.

** ) Strain caused by Bleeding is not voluntary.

q) " Does choosing to suffer strain not being allow if it would go over endurance apply to indirect sources? Such as bleed and choosing do another action that would cause you to suffer strain over your limit. IE I'm full on strain, bleeding, and choose to attack. This will cause me strain over my limit. Is that allowed?"
a) Yes. In this case, you would take damage instead.

**) There are some missions which place objectives in a space that are impossible to be adjacent to. How is this resolved?

a) This is a case where specific scenario rules take priority over core rules (see “Golden Rules” on page 2 of the Rules Reference guide). The mission rules could not function at all if the terminals could not be interacted with.

** ) "If Gideon has both Masterstroke and Mobile Tactician, what are the restrictions on when he may/must spend the bonus movement points?

a) "Gideon cannot interrupt the Masterstroke to spend the 2 movement points from his first command. Gaining the movement points is an interrupt, essentially the same way gaining access to the second command is, but spending movement points cannot be done as an interrupt, so they have to sit in his pool until after the entire masterstroke is resolved."

** ) The deployment cost of a group is not altered when an upgrade is attached to it.

The deployment cost of a group is not altered when an upgrade is attached to it. They each have their own separate deployment costs that are both scored when that group is defeated. So, an attachment on a Stormtrooper group would not affect their eligibility for Squad Swarm or Strength in Numbers.

** ) Urgency: Any movement points gained during Urgency must be spent as part of that action since they were gained from a special action. The movement points are not added to a pool that can be spent and divided throughout the activation.

** ) Does damage from Relentless count as damage sustained during the attack? This has implications for abilities such as Han's Return Fire.

a) No, it doesn’t. Whenever an ability checks for X damage after an attack resolves, that ability only checks the damage suffered during Step 7 of that attack. Relentless is an ability that resolves outside of the attack, even though its trigger is the attack itself.

** ) " Start of Round " and " End of Round " are considered single instances so you could not play multiple copies of Jundland Terror or Reinforcements at once, even if you used different eligible targets for those cards’ abilities.

**) Awkward prohibits an attack on any adjacent figure, regardless of where the targeted space lies. This is an important distinction to make when the target is a large figure and occupies a space that is not adjacent to the Awkward attacking unit. For example: an AT-ST could not attack an adjacent Bantha Rider, even if the targeted space was not adjacent to the AT-ST.

**) Mortar would not affect figures behind the door, even if it is destroyed. The Blast ruling deals with if the door is the target of an attack that then triggers Blast, since the damage from an attack is dealt before blast resolves. Mortar resolves all at once.

**Source: Paul Winchester, Creative Content Developer

>>) Does Provoke prevent passing (re: passing activation due to your opponent having more active deployment cards)?

a) Provoke would override the ability to pass because the targeted figure would still be able to activate. So, the player who had been “Provoked” would not be allowed to pass.

>>Source: Megan Duehn

---------------------------------------
Shameless link to Fizzgrid™:

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/index.php?/topic/135087-fizzgrid™-technologyfor-your-rules-question-needs/

Edited by Fizz

Thanks for staring on this Fizz.

Updated. And bumped until pin request is resolved.

Fizz, could you add a clarification about what effects are meant in the third bullet?

I keep reading it and Ican't figure it out. :unsure:

Fizz, could you add a clarification about what effects are meant in the third bullet?

I keep reading it and Ican't figure it out. :unsure:

It helps if you've read the thread, but even I had to read it a few times. Someone had asked if you could deploy the "Skirmish Upgrades" and exhaust them to delay activations.

Updated.

I remembered having seen it posted, but i couldn't remember in which thread, and i figured if someone came to this thread, they wouldn't want to have to search back-threads to find what it meant.

Thanks Fizz!

For Mak's disengage, when does it trigger? the text reads:

"Exhaust this card when a hostile figure enters a space within 3 spaces of you to gain 3 movement points"
Does the entering of the space trigger it? Does it trigger after the hostile figure completes their turn? Do the movement points occur on Mak's turn? We assume it happens when the character enters the space, before any attacks.

Edited by Macabre

For Mak's Shadow suit, can he use ambush once his card has flipped, since his shadow suit is not flipped?

Edited by Macabre

For Mak's disengage, when does it trigger? the text reads:

"Exhaust this card when a hostile figure enters a space within 3 spaces of you to gain 3 movement points"

Does the entering of the space trigger it? Does it trigger after the hostile figure completes their turn? Do the movement points occur on Mak's turn? We assume it happens when the character enters the space, before any attacks.

It triggers as an interrupt upon "entering" a space. Mak immediate receives, and must spend, the movement points or they are lost at the end of the interrupt action.

See "Enter", RRG, Page 12:

Some effects are triggered when a figure enters a space. Entering a space includes when a figure moves into, is pushed into, or is placed in the space by an effect.

See "Movement Points", RRG, Page 20:

If a figure gains movement points when it is not its activation, those movement points must be spent immediately as an interrupt or be lost.

For Mak's Shadow suit, can he use ambush once his card has flipped, since his shadow suit is not flipped?

Mak can use Ambush while he is wounded, because the Ambush special ability is on the wounded side of his campaign hero sheet. The Shadow Suit in this case is irrelevant.

But,for Mak, what about "within 3 spaces"? Seems it's working if:

- hostile figure start his activation within this area (3 spaces or less)

- hostile figure appears within 3 spaces?

- can Mak wait or it's trigger only when hostile figure enters within 3 spaces?

Thanks a lot

Again, the keyword here is "enter", not just "within".

If a hostile figure begins his activation within 3 spaces, Mak cannot use disengage until that figure ENTERS a space within 3 spaces. Example:

[_] [_][_][ M ] [_] [_] [_]
[_][_][_][_][_] [_] [_] [_]