Rule Clarifications

By plumsmugler, in XCOM: The Board Game

Yes, you pay for whatever is actually on the board during the audit budget step, regardless of whether it was also there last turn or not.

If you use Mission Control to move a soldier off the board back to his reserve before the audit budget step, however, then you don't need to pay for that soldier, because he won't be on the board when the audit budget step takes place.

Edited by chiller087

Twosteps and Longhornn - thanks for Your replies for the question I asked before.

Now, there's a new thing that bothers me:

1. How does Defence Matrix card exactly works?

I mean - it prevents Your interceptor from being destroyed - but how does that happen?

For example:

The bad roll on a red die happened and all air forces on a continent go to hell.

You decide to play this card - does the one of the Interceptors stay on the board and may still fight against an unbeaten enemy , or is it just saved from being put into Recruitment Pool and is moved to your Reserves instead ?

It may be a very dramatic difference, sometimes, I think.

Edited by Krishakh

Twosteps and Longhornn - thanks for Your replies for the question I asked before.

I mean - it prevents Your interceptor from being destroyed - but how does that happen?

For example:

The bad roll on a red die happened and all air forces on a continent go to hell.

You decide to play this card - does the one of the Interceptors stay on the board and may still fight against an unbeaten enemy , or is it just saved from being put into Recruitment Pool and is moved to your Reserves instead ?

It would stay on the board and assigned, and you would be free to push on with it if you would like. The only time an Interceptor would return to Reserve would be at the end of the resolution phase, or if there are any cards that specifically state to do so.

Edited by ZekeH30

For example:

Yes it can save one interceptor from the aftermath of the red die distroying all, and that interceptor can continue to push the die but now will be distroyed if the red die is =< than the threat number. This has happened to me the matrix is played and saved my fighter, so i pushed the threat and rolled again and this time got shot down.

Use of white background with white text should imho be banned.

Yeap, you lose all salvage at the crisis fase.

I have a question about the card Laboratory.

It states:

Discard 1 salvage (Tap)

Add 1 XCOM die to each roll during a research task. Limit once per task.

Does this mean that I need 1 salvage for each of the 3 Techs, or just one to add one die to all three separate ones. And would that mean just the first roll on each Tech?

Thanx in advance.

Edited by dizpatcher

Only 1 tech card per salvage, but it applies to every roll for that tech from that point on.

Each Tech card is one discrete task.

A rule clarification please.

The "Skyranger" card: Moving 2 soldiers from the reserve to the card will allow the team to discard 1 crisis card. These soldiers can not be used on missions or base defense task correct?

The "Run and Gun" card: Moving 1 assault soldier from the reserve to the card will allow the team to roll 1 extra die for 1 enemy task on either the base defense task or mission task. This assault soldier can not be ued on a mission or base defense task correct?

Before I write out anymore, I'm assuming these procedures applies to "Officer Training" and "Holo-Targeting" as well?

Thank you!

A rule clarification please.

The "Skyranger" card: Moving 2 soldiers from the reserve to the card will allow the team to discard 1 crisis card. These soldiers can not be used on missions or base defense task correct?

The "Run and Gun" card: Moving 1 assault soldier from the reserve to the card will allow the team to roll 1 extra die for 1 enemy task on either the base defense task or mission task. This assault soldier can not be ued on a mission or base defense task correct?

Before I write out anymore, I'm assuming these procedures applies to "Officer Training" and "Holo-Targeting" as well?

Thank you!

Yep - any time you put a unit somewhere, it has to come from its reserve, so it can't be put anywhere else that round. Exception: a unit saved by UFO Flight returns to its reserve, so could be used on a tech card later on the same Mission on the same round.