Southern California (unofficial) Regionals, Sat. August 1 at Gameology!

By ARMed_PIrate, in UFS Fan Announcements

We want to get as big a crowd together as possible. Since we still haven't heard back from FFG, prize support will be store credit and/or boosters, plus some other prize (to be announced) when we have a better idea of how much money we'll be able take in from entry fees. In order to figure that out, we'll need to get a rough estimate of attendance.

So sound off hear if you think you'll be going. Include players from your playgroup who don't frequent these forums, but you think will attend. For instance, rough estimate, based on the total number of players we've seen in the last month:

+16 from Gameology, GMI, Shuffle & Cut, including:

Matt (PatchedArtist) the scout; Justin (myself) assisting; and the following possible players: Mat, Kevin, Grant (NintendoMan), James, Jonathan, Danny, Anthony, Donald, Helio, Tom, Brian (if I have that right?), Joe, Ed, and several others whom I haven't met enough times to remember their names properly.

The main tournament will be Standard, probably starting noonish.

We might do a morning draft around 10am.

And I'll probably do a Theme Legacy Highlander Jigs & Reels tourney while Top 8 is going on.

More info as it becomes available.

9742 Central Ave., Montclair, CA 91763

http://www.gameologyshop.com/
909-626-6926

First ...AWESOME

Second, as it stands there is 6 in my group that can make it, and 2 that need to decide if they can or not.

Yea, this should be totally awesome ^_^ I am very excited and very happy.

i will be there for sure....

party time people.... time for the deadly ooo piece of candy!

August 1st is an impossibility for me.

Scratch that, there is a possibility of mine coming.

Archimedes said:

Yes, yes I am sure the guys will be glad to know you might be coming ^_^ you are fun

Me an Rockstar will most likely be coming.

This will be a one day event correct?

Smazzurco said:

Me an Rockstar will most likely be coming.

This will be a one day event correct?

Present and accounted for. Gotta Rep the SF Bay Area, YO!!! WHAAAAAT?!?! gran_risa.gif

Cronos said:

Archimedes said:

Yes, yes I am sure the guys will be glad to know you might be coming ^_^ you are fun

Mine schedule basically involves me going from Tucson, to Vegas, then to Cali for the tourny, then back to Tucson, then wait a week and go to worlds.

Will anybody have a place for me to crash?

My play group will be there (around 6 people) so sign us up.

griffinman01 said:

My play group will be there (around 6 people) so sign us up.

Minus two from this group. We're already included in the original Gameology list.

It will be a 1-day event, because Sunday the store is likely to be filled with a MtG tournament, and it closes earlier on Sundays in any case.

So far this puts us in the 25 to 35 range, depending on if everyone who's played at Gameology shows their love and brings their friends. Oh, and Russ and Robert will most likely be there. I'll try to convince Nate to show up, too, even though it's been nearly a year since he's played in a UFS tournament.

Arch - If it's just you, you can definitely crash at my place in Fontana. Just let me know sometime later this month if you're definitely going to be taking me up on that.

Will do A_P.

My schedule and budget are pretty hectic, especially since I'm aiming to go to worlds this year.

And this is really close to worlds.

An update: we apparently may be able to run this as an official regionals tournament. FFG finally called the store earlier this week to talk about things. We're going to try to figure out how to go about ordering the regional prize kits, etc. Nothing solid just yet, but it's apparently in the works (AP is the one who talked to the store owner this week; I was playing catch-up with school.)

ARMedPirate will hopefully be able to update the original post with more information as we get it.

Scratch that "edit the post" thing. Apparently there's no edit function in the forums. ^_^ ;

sadly i will no longer be attending this event as i am playing pro ball in texas. Good luck to my possy playgroup, win it for Gameology

As much as I wish you success in your pro career (And I do wish you much success! Wooooooo! Congratulations!), your baseballin' does way too good of a job at getting in the way of UFS. Call me a sad/happy panda. :(/)

I am going to punch NintendoMan in the throat.

I have never played a game against him

No we can't lose you Nintendo Man, what is going to happen to team Ooh Piece of Candy.

I just picked up the Darkstalkers Graphic File this weekend (an excellent collection of art, including sprites for all the moves), and it will be a prize at the regionals.

My question to the community: Should this book ($30 value at Anime Expo) go to the big winner, or should it be raffled off at the event (anyone who stays through all rounds would be eligible)?

ARMed_PIrate said:

I just picked up the Darkstalkers Graphic File this weekend (an excellent collection of art, including sprites for all the moves), and it will be a prize at the regionals.

My question to the community: Should this book ($30 value at Anime Expo) go to the big winner, or should it be raffled off at the event (anyone who stays through all rounds would be eligible)?

Top placing Darkstalkers Character? (go donny)

I think it should depend on what other kinds of prizes we can scrounge together.

I've got two play mats I can donate to help out. I'll see what else I got lounging around.

Also, AP. I am definitely coming down. Do you still have my phone number?

is LAX the closest airport? if not what is? And how far from the airport?

With gas prices might almost be cheaper to fly lol.

The closest airport to the Gameology would be the Ontario airport.

well oddly enough i can fly into LAX for about $150, but it would be more than twice that to fly into Ontario, lol.

Road trip here we come. Well, my car already has 72K+ miles on it (<3yrs old) so what the hell