Possession Pickle

By Elurindel, in Black Crusade

If he is giving you troube with just the possession tests u r going to need the dice gods on ur side if u plan on consuming him. But it is possible. Interested in how this will turn out. GL :)

The plan draws close to fruition...

M0t7p.png

This is the setup for the ritual. I have a few squads of storm troopers, two heavy bolter teams, and two leman Russ's to cover this bad motherfucker. The ritual has been modified to look like he's being exorcised (Narceil is being teleportariumed down without their knowledge, the TS Sorcerer is doing the ritual) right up until the moment when the eight psykers and the TS sorcerer help Narceil force that bad boy out into the line of fire. Then it's just a matter of surviving until the teleportarium is recharged.

Did I mention there's a melta bomb directly under the ritual circle? And hexagrammatic wards encircling the ritual circle?

(The only thing not shown is psykers stationed around the edge of the circle, I forgot to put them in)

Edited by raknorn

2 things.

1 Am I the only one a little but upset that "Possession Pickle" wasn't a question about some kind of messed up chaos artifact?

2 Make a Daemonhost out of it, or a Daemonweapon, surely if you've got a battlefleet you have access to people who can do things like that.

I could make both out of it, but this thing wants to eat me.

At this point I'm really just concerned with not dying a horrible death.

Well, let's be honest here, smashing it in realspace isn't actually killing it for good. You gotta kill it in the Warp in order to perma-kill a daemon instead of just banishing it (usually, anyways).

It's generally considered a lot easier to stick a daemon inside an object and lock said object up than it is to truly perma-kill a daemon. Binding it into a host or artifact, I'd go with artifact in your situation, while it doesn't permanently destroy the daemon, it does contain the daemon, and usually it'll be for long enough that you'll be dead of old age before it gets loose again. Artifact is better than host because if it takes control of a person while in an artifact, you just need to kill the person wielding it, and it's back in its prison, but if it gets control over a host, killing the host gets it loose again.

My intention is to send it screaming back to the warp, then ascend to daemonhood and kill that motherfucker in the warp.

My intention is to send it screaming back to the warp, then ascend to daemonhood and kill that motherfucker in the warp.

Im making a map of the Ixiniad Sector. I'm naming a planet after your screen name for this quote.

Oh! Well, thank you! I don't think I've ever had a planet named after me before.

I just installed a bomb in the replacement augmetic of one of my companions. :^)

The infighting is coming.

Next, booby trapping our glorious leaders grand carrier for when he finds out that I'm a baaaaaad wobot

Edited by raknorn

Good luck.

Depending on how the ritual goes, do you know what might be a good boobytrap? A seriously irritated Lord of Change bound to an item then thrown into the warp engine. What goes around, comes around.

If you've not started yet, one other thought - how much do you trust your minion sorceror and is he (or you) a telepath? Going into your own mindstate and working the Lord of Change over a bit (if you can!) might help even the odds for the ritual, because if you've been possessed, lurking somewhere in your combined psyche is the most important weapon you could want: a Greater Daemon's True Name.

His true name was revealed by the scrupulous studies of Imotekh in Narceil's personal library believe it or not.

Narceil is dead. Died fighting the bloodthirster I managed to somehow enrage.

The lord of change burst out of me, then flipped the bloodthirster off and left.

Narceil is dead. Died fighting the bloodthirster I managed to somehow enrage.

Enraging war-given-form is, I magine, not all that hard.

Still, a shame.

The Bloodthirster in question, Ka-Aksha from Tome of Blood, was one that Narceil had made a deal with for it to appear at her bidding one time and one time only, in exchange for her dedicating a world of its choosing to it when she launched a Black Crusade. More than halfway into the Crusade, and she had not so much as glanced at the world. There may have been perfectly reasonable reasons for this, but Bloodthirsters are not known for being reasonable.
Ka-Aksha then fought with her in a battle that lasted for several hours of real-time, and probably a couple of minutes in game-time. It was an epic to write home about, with her pulling on everything she had from the Lord of Change. She Burned Infamy three times, and succeeded in reducing Ka-Aksha to 93 wounds out of 195. But in the end it just wasn't enough.