Possession Pickle

By Elurindel, in Black Crusade

One of my players is in need of some advice. Owing to circumstances I won't bother to go into, (Long story short, she got screwed in a deal) she has been possessed by a Lord of Change.

She would like some help in getting out of this situation. It is rather unfortunate for her, since she is one of a war council in the middle of a Black Crusade in the Calixis Sector, having just torn open a Warp Rift on Iocanthos.

She has a Thousand Sons Sorceror as a Greater Minion, a couple of Fleets to back her up, almost 80 Corruption Points and a freaking Lord of Change in her head.

Any advice you can give her would be most appreciated.

As I am the GM who put the Lord of Change there, I'm going to link her to this page and not look at it again until such time as the problem is resolved, one way or another.

Ooh xD that is dirty. Perhaps strap a collar to her, it's unique and kills any psychic abilities, but if she aligns to khorne might not kill her, but she better have the ability to resist the LoC as she follows a new path. If it works it's Khorne's will vs Tzeentch's.

Personally I'd have a strong sorcerer do a summoning test to try and summon it out of the actual body and force it into an item. With stacked penalties mind u.

Another option. When she reaches her next corruption threshold, which would be 100 I belive so kinda screwed there but if u want to be a nice gm, grant her the slayer limb and have her do a series of willpower tests to force him into that one location of her body. Then have her 1k sons follwer lop her arm off effectively creating a daemon weapon. Of course she might not survive. So if u use cross over spells like I do, grab clauterize from DH2 so they can seal the wound and in the end she gets a prostetic arm or if shes ok with it, juse becomes the one armed destroyer. Create unique titles for it. Sounds pretty kool tbh.

Hope it helps enjoy

Edited by DarthKaleashth

Have the Thousand Sons Sorcerer perform an excorcism, and then have her take the Excorsised elite advance from Radical's Handbook, becoming an Illuminated individual. ^^.

I play the PC in question.

The issue with an exorcism is that that leaves the greater daemon hanging out and ready for murder of both my character and the poor sorcerer.

Set guards outside ready to tear @$$. Lol if my guy wasn't in the middle of a necron tomb I'm sure he'd be ok with helping out but then he'd use his assistance to use and abuse before he discards xD.

Try getting a Castilian Soul Cage. Have back up sorcerers for after the excorcism that shove him in there. Then u can use him for something else later, or leave him in there as punishment for tricking u.

Perhaps if ur gm is flexible, gain a thrall wizard (ToF), summon another Lord of Change and barter with him for a ritual perhaps helping him gain power or dominion over a school of high level psykers, or maybe by trapping a rival daemon in an item for him and present it as a gift. Then use said ritual to transfer the GD to ur thrall. Could even pledge allegiance to tzeentch if u haven't already for the ritual. All in all it should be a compact in itself, sort of a minor set back in ur crusade. A detour if u will.

The current consideration is blasting it with several Leman Russ tanks and a meltabomb once it's out of me.

Why kill it when u can use it? I'm sure u can petition a nurgle sorcerer to take it and enjoy bringing it to heel. Showing it how to accept it's fate and not try to change it.

Although I can see the satisfaction of destroying it.

It can always use flicker to avoid all of that sI be sure to have some potent daemons or daemon weapons, or psychic abilities, just something that can effect incorpreal beings.

The issue with binding the stupid thing is that it's going to be at a -60 willpower test and I'll have to deal with the stupid thing if I fail.

Castilian soul cage it if you can. Its wearing your skin like a sock, the meanest thing you can do is bind it to a trivial item and cast it into the deepest ocean you can find. Or just keep it in your chambers in the castilian soul cage and poke it with a stick everytime you come back from crusading. I'd ask your gm if you can gain additional assistance to help out with the ritual considering it has to do with your character. Maybe a further +20 if you can manage to round up two others that know what they're doing for the sake of the ritual.

Pretty sure the thousand sons sorceror's psyrating should help out with that somewhat.

Keep those leman russes on standby lol.

Take into consideration psy rating effects many willpower tests for rituals and daEmin mastery. In actuality ur wp tests should be opposed. Urs against its. It can prove rather difficult. Maybe carry a null rod on u, it only effects focus power tests but u might be able to convince ur gm to have it effect the daemons psy rating for the test...

To me tho u sound pretty screwed. Perhaps convince ur gm that u r serving as the cage for the GD, then have ur 1k sons sorcere perform the ritual of binding and bind it to a daemon engine. Although ud have to twist ur gms wrist to get him to ok that...

"While in-game, a Heretic can become possessed willingly or involuntarily, the player should always have a choice in the matter. Possession is a fundamental change to a character, and if the GM feels that such an outcome is warranted based on events in the campaign, he should discuss it with the player and reach an agreement amenable to both parties."

p.57 Tome of Decay

I'd push for some gm lenience on the exorcism test especially since it is a greater daemon.

Pretty sure the thousand sons sorceror's psyrating should help out with that somewhat.

His psyrating is 5 with a further 1d5 when he's pushing.

I attempted to acquire a soul cage as the TS sorcerer, didn't work out. The LOC probably wouldn't allow me to acquire the **** thing, but I might be able to if I can maintain control long enough.

I assume the +1d5 is from warp conduit but correct me if I'm wrong, doesn't he need to burn an imfamy point to utilize that?

Unless he's unbound which conflicts with the archtype but I can see ur gm having him unbound.

Anywho effectively 10 psy rating, +50 to test add on his wp should be round 40 or so. 90 wp before adding any other bonuses unless ur gm caps at the whole 60 thing

Lol my character Mycaelis may have one just hanging around his ship, if u can send him a TS sorcerer. He would be glad to make a trade xD.

Jk, if ur gm is ok with it tho that'd be pretty pimp, but remember u can barter ur items off too. Sacrifice ur force weapon and it's availability will become easier to obtain. If u have one that is.

Edited by DarthKaleashth

It's from warp conduit and yes he does.

Perform a suicidaly dangerous ritual taking several compacts to simply collect all the prequisites, consuming the greater daemon with all the powers he has in process. Ax'senaea the Thrice-Possessed (BC core, p 359) did just that, and earned her apotheosis for that.

Assuming the character is Tzeentchian, usurping the Lord of Change and eating its essence is very much in the interests of the Great Architect. Sketch on a ritual and devour its power!

Remember a few things, assuming your possession works on the Tome of Decay-model. You are YOU when you are in control. It may seem unnecessary to state that, but while the daemon can poke, prod and tempt, it does not control you unless it is in full control. Attempt to keep it under control until you can get the ritual going. Your greatest problem will be that the Lord of Change will have the same access to the ritual knowledge as you, and will know when to interrupt it for greatest effect. It (probably) can't read your mind and ideas, but it sees what you see and hear what you hear.

Have the Thousand Sons Sorcerer perform an excorcism, and then have her take the Excorsised elite advance from Radical's Handbook, becoming an Illuminated individual. ^^.

The Illuminated/Illuminati are those who self-exorcised the Daemon out of themselves. Regular old exorcised will suffice.

That said,

I play the PC in question.

The issue with an exorcism is that that leaves the greater daemon hanging out and ready for murder of both my character and the poor sorcerer.

Exorcism and then binding into a daemon weapon/artifact or other alternative vessel, perhaps even a different host body. But, do some prep work/have some prep work done. Looking at the various options, a custom-crafted and/or appropriately attuned item/weapon to store the daemon in, knowing details about the daemon, etc. You should be able to line up a bunch of bonuses to contain it.

Pentagrammatic wards can make you untouchable and unnoticeable by daemons while they last.

Alternatively ... cut a very carefully worded deal, either with the daemon or one of its rivals. With the daemon, you'd probably need to find it a suitable alternative vessel for it to inhabit, but might get some powers out of the deal. With a rival, you probably won't get much in the way of benefits beyond not being possessed and maybe the exorcised package.

Assuming the character is Tzeentchian, usurping the Lord of Change and eating its essence is very much in the interests of the Great Architect. Sketch on a ritual and devour its power!

Remember a few things, assuming your possession works on the Tome of Decay-model. You are YOU when you are in control. It may seem unnecessary to state that, but while the daemon can poke, prod and tempt, it does not control you unless it is in full control. Attempt to keep it under control until you can get the ritual going. Your greatest problem will be that the Lord of Change will have the same access to the ritual knowledge as you, and will know when to interrupt it for greatest effect. It (probably) can't read your mind and ideas, but it sees what you see and hear what you hear.

Ding ding ding. I think we have a winner here. Consuming this Lord of Change would give me some major chops.

Ding ding ding. I think we have a winner here. Consuming this Lord of Change would give me some major chops.

I do like the concept. Be quite difficult to pull off, and probably even more dangerous, however. If possible, I suggest you set things up so that you can shift from attempting to eat it to doing something else with it, or possibly several other options as you go. That is, try to set things up so that you aren't necessarily doing one specific ritual, but have several to choose from, in case it tries to disrupt your preparations. Ideally, the beginnings of the rituals would be identical, so that until you actually start eating it or stuffing it into something/someone else, it's impossible to tell which option you've taken, giving it as little time as possible to screw with whichever option you chose.

I do, however, wish you good fortune in the attempt. Let us know how it goes, eh?